The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
a2197803fe73ee01dc8d7005819a7ac8.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, probably a bit aggressive, although brick and mortar is definitely taking a hit.
A friend of mine back in the mid-80's used to work at a bank. She told me back in '85 that cash money would not exist in 5 years.
Yep, just a bit aggressive. :cyclops:

I never would want to see the end of cash. Whenever I pay with cash, it has more impact to me--I often will double think a purchase decision; whereas, if I just take out my credit card, I'm more likely to buy on impulse.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
I would give y'all my design services for free! :)
I did that for neighbors on the street behind us many years ago when they lost their entire house in a fire. I did all the design and drafting for zero dollars...!!! :happy:
I'll try to make a long story short-ish...
We knew the family because their special needs daughter (muscular dystrophy - and she graduated with a masters in psychology from UT just a few years ago :happy:) was in DWifeys Girl Scout troop with our oldest DD.
They are an amazing family, and I had no problem donating my services! They gave us a tour of the completed home that we designed all ADA accessible and took us out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse as a thank you...!!! :hungry:
It was awesome, and I assured them it was all we needed...it was my pleasure to help them in the first place, especially in such an unfortunate situation. It's all about giving it back...!!! :happy: :)

That's a great story. Your neighborly generosity is an inspiration.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
MIL is a master manipulator. It didn't take me long to find a pattern to her behaviors. She plots but more she genuinely enjoys trying to guilt family into doing things her way or the long face, stare at knees happens. I joked privately about it at home when we deemed we were going to disappoint and knew the guilt would roll on out and I'd say watch for the soggy knees and damp kleenex to enter.

One of the best GUILTS was back in February years ago we made plans to do 16 days in WDW with my family over Christmas. We didn't tell her and didn't plan to until around Thanksgiving, why endure guilt all those extra months right? But out of the mouths of Babe's someone said something general about Christmas and my DS blurts out we are not putting up the tree or Christmas Decorations outside this year because we will be in WDW for Christmas Silence. And yes she kept trying to get us to toss our plans with my folks so we could be with her on Christmas Day. We enjoyed a Warm Christmas. :D

Yup, life's too short. I don't play into guilt trips either.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, rustic is more my style. And, yes, this is one of ours...! :)

image-jpeg.244647

I love wood--that ceiling is amazing, as is the floor. Even the dining table and chairs carry the wood theme. Talk about warm and cozy!!

I'm intrigued by the use of the subtle spotlights and that chandelier is so nice, too.

All the details work in that room. I like that accent rug in front of the fireplace. Interior designers are such a talented group, that work with you guys who design the architecture of these mammoth houses.

Songbird76

My MIL did that to me once and only once. I really dislike lamb. She loves it. She made some form a a rolled ground lamb loaf stuffed with something. Not only do I not like lamb my system gives it right back the way it went in fairly quickly.

Before we were married she convinced her that I was lying and I couldn't tell the difference between ground lamb and ground beef in a loaf.
We sat down to a meatloaf dinner after our salad. She didn't tell me it was lamb. I swallowed as it was dawning on me what I was eating.
So at the kitchen table it immediately came back. Dinner was over. I was so freak'n angry. She never fixed me lamb again but she has been a pain in the butt and still is. So manipulative.
Why is it that people think you can't tell? My mom used to get so mad at me when I called her out on something she had hidden in the food...like she'd make hamburgers and mix antelope meat in with the beef. SHE couldn't taste the difference, but I could! Or, she'd make instant potatoes and tell me they were fresh. I don't see how anyone can NOT taste the difference. It's completely different in taste AND texture.

Songbird76

I had a conversation that was similar to that with my grandma a few years ago.

Her: I'm 5'2"
Me: Um, no you're not.
Her: Yes I am. I'm 5'2".
Me: Grandma, you are not 5'2"
Her: How would you know?
Me: Because I'm 5' and you're shorter than me.
Her:...No, you're taller than 5'.

Pretty sure I'm not. :rolleyes: She's since accepted the fact that she's 4'10".

Oh and my other favorite of her lines: "I don't know where you got your height from."

Hmm, yeah. My maternal grandfather is 6'2", my maternal grandmother was 5'8", my paternal grandfather was 5'10"...and then there's her. Where indeed. My cousins were just fortunate their dad is over 6'. I was not so lucky.
Both my parents were 5'10", my brother is 6'4"...I'm 5'5.5" My theory is that my brother took all the height...there was none left for me.

MOXOMUMD

I sowwy...:oops:
Out of Galveston.
Costa Maya, Belize, and Cancun are our ports of call.
Also, I forgot (hey, I don't plan these things :cyclops:) we're also doing a Carnival cruise next summer out of Galveston. Ports of call are Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cancun again.
The Christmas cruise is all 6 of us (SonIL included).
The summer cruise is all 6 of us, plus MIL, BIL, niece, and one of DWifeys aunts.
They should both be awesome cruises...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :)
Our December cruise is out of Miami going to San Juan, Amber Cove, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. I'd like to cruise out of Galveston sometime but the next cruise planning is looking to be out of Baltimore. :)

MOXOMUMD

Well, Belle is two for two...:cyclops:
My mom called me all worried last week because one her cats was walking around with a string hanging out of its mouth. She was trying to grab it from the cat because she thought it was a shoestring. While on the phone with me the cat came to her feet and let the string out. :eek: The mouse took off running! :joyfull: I said I think she was just tasting it.

MySmallWorldof4

I loooove this house, but not the deer head. :p The house is gorgeous! I could live there for sure. Now if someone will just spot me a few million, I will be good to go.;)
20 mph winds, 31 degrees, feels like 19. @MinnieM123 would be so please. :cautious:
Sorry. Hope that isn't going to be coming my way.:banghead:

Pixieish

My mom called me all worried last week because one her cats was walking around with a string hanging out of its mouth. She was trying to grab it from the cat because she thought it was a shoestring. While on the phone with me the cat came to her feet and let the string out. :eek: The mouse took off running! :joyfull: I said I think she was just tasting it.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I miss having kitties around the house!

MySmallWorldof4

:hilarious::hilarious::eek: Maybe kitty was just keeping it warm.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom