PeopleMover issues

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen đź’ś
Premium Member
Original Poster
We've been at MK twice this week and both times the WEDWay seemed to be experiencing a lot of technical issues. Multiple ride stoppages and even an evac. Usually it's a pretty reliable ride so this was surprising. Anyone have any info?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe at some point WDW needs to say they can't reasonably accommodate guests who need to transfer...to avoid undue wear and tear on the ride drive mechanisms. Omnimovers weren't designed to stop-and-start, and neither were the peoplemover cars -- speed up and slow down, yes, but stopping and starting messes up the timing on the cars right behind.

celluloid

Maybe at some point WDW needs to say they can't reasonably accommodate guests who need to transfer...to avoid undue wear and tear on the ride drive mechanisms. Omnimovers weren't designed to stop-and-start, and neither were the peoplemover cars -- speed up and slow down, yes, but stopping and starting messes up the timing on the cars right behind.
They can handle it just fine. What it comes down to is improper time given for upkeep and Maintenance.

wdwfan4ver

We've been at MK twice this week and both times the WEDWay seemed to be experiencing a lot of technical issues. Multiple ride stoppages and even an evac. Usually it's a pretty reliable ride so this was surprising. Anyone have any info?
This has been going on more than a week.

I recalled it not working on September 5th in the evening and September 6th in the morning.

It is possible that it starting having problems during Labor Day weekend. I was at MK on August 31st and I couldn't recall any problems with the ride on that day and night. People Mover also was working fine on August 28th also.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Wow you're insensitive.

JIMINYCR

Wrote my reply to this then deleted it because I know MOM would have censored me.

Minnie Mum

Larryz- not good, my friend, not good. And likely not the main reason either. Fact is , this isn't new. It's been a problem for years. Intermittent, perhaps; but with increasing frequency. My guess (and so far everyone is just guessing), is the blame can be laid on age and decreased preventive maintenance.

Lets Respect

It's almost not worth riding anymore you stop so much.

We rode it twice on our last trip and both times it stopped a minimum of 3x per ride.

graphite1326

It's actually an electromagnetic train. And yes constant on and off could have negative (no pun intended) affect on it. For the PC people here.

KCheatle

We just rode it Saturday. It was working in the AM, then my app said it was closed in the afternoon. We hit up tomorrowland in the evening, and the ride was operating. However, the belt you ride up was not working, and it stopped twice while we were on the ride. The second time it stopped we were right at the exit, but just far enough back that they wouldn't let us off. Not that there was any merit to the comment above, but I can attest the second stoppage was in no way related to a handicapped or otherwise disabled person.

KBLovedDisney

It's a sad statement to make, but I'm pretty sure one day the peoplemover will end up like disneyland's peoplemover. AKA gone.
zJjgp.gif

Don't even joke about that man...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was there the previous week and all the omnimovers seemed a bit... creaky: bumpy ride, click-clacking, bouncing left-right unable to find their proper orientation, some scraping sounds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom