The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Belle!!! She's smart and empathetic, she loves to read and to learn. I identify very closely with her!

i-need-six-eggs-i-always-wanted-to-be-belle-18778927.png

MOXOMUMD

Oh my. It is very expensive to have a kid in sports. (I don't have any kids, but have heard stories about how expensive sports gear is for boys and girls, for most sports.)

When I was growing up, most of the sports equipment was supplied by the schools. Even in the summer, my two brothers were in town baseball leagues. The local business owners would donate money for the boys to have baseball caps and t-shirts. (Of course, the backs of the shirts might say, "Compliments of Bill's Hardware" or something along those lines! ;) ) My parents bought sneakers for the boys, and they wore jeans. The fathers volunteered to be coaches, and the mothers would bring beverages and snacks.

I also know some parents in different towns that even have to pay for their kids' school buses, for the school year. That wasn't the case years ago. My heart goes out to parents now--I don't know how (many of them) manage to come up with the money for all these things.
Being in band isn't cheap either. :(

Goofyernmost

Oh my. It is very expensive to have a kid in sports. (I don't have any kids, but have heard stories about how expensive sports gear is for boys and girls, for most sports.)

When I was growing up, most of the sports equipment was supplied by the schools. Even in the summer, my two brothers were in town baseball leagues. The local business owners would donate money for the boys to have baseball caps and t-shirts. (Of course, the backs of the shirts might say, "Compliments of Bill's Hardware" or something along those lines! ;) ) My parents bought sneakers for the boys, and they wore jeans. The fathers volunteered to be coaches, and the mothers would bring beverages and snacks.

I also know some parents in different towns that even have to pay for their kids' school buses, for the school year. That wasn't the case years ago. My heart goes out to parents now--I don't know how (many of them) manage to come up with the money for all these things.
Yea, I was thinking about that the other day. My daughter was complaining about having to buy shoes for every occasion. There's baseball, basketball, slumming shoes and, of course, the ever popular, status identifying, school shoes. Unlike when I was a kid my mother took me to the shoe store and bought one pair of multi purpose Keds high tops for about $5.00 a pair, the minimum my daughter can pay, and not be racked with guilt because she is an unloving parent, is $90.00 per pair and they last a maximum of 6 months usually less.

donaldtoo

I have a lot of friends who's husbands don't get up with the baby in the middle of the night because they cannot feed the baby. My husband was like you though. He'd wake up, change the diaper, hand her over to me so I could feed her, and then go rustle me up a snack. It meant the world to me that he put in that effort and care.

Yep, all that was a no-brainier for me. WE decided to have a family, so WE better raise them TOGETHER...!!!!! :happy: ;) :)

donaldtoo

Yep, my husband did that, too...minus the snack. But hubby is a quick sleeper...his head hits the pillow and he can be out in seconds, unlike me. It usually takes me at least an hour to get to sleep. And if I've actually gotten out of bed, it takes even longer. So it made so much more sense for him to be the one to get up, change the diaper, and bring the baby to me to feed and take him/her back to bed because he'd just go right back to sleep when he was done, where I would be up the rest of the night. I really appreciate that he was willing to break up his sleep like that to make sure I actually got to sleep sometimes. He takes such good care of me!

Sounds familiar sleep-wise for DWifey and myself, but, the opposite...her head hits the pillow and she's out 30 seconds later, I'm the one that takes quite a while to finally wind down and go to sleep.
I was exactly like her...once we had kiddos it all changed. It took me a while to wind down, and I was up at every little noise...still the same, even after all these years...!!!!! :confused: :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom