The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I still haven't brought myself to suffer through it. Although, if I get a good price this weekend (maybe Target) I'll pick it up, since I got all my weekly chores done early this week, being off from work. I know at some point, I'll have to watch it. Maybe I'll watch it in sections . . .
Avatar isn't my kind of movie but I knew I needed to watch it. Tech is awesome, the story for me was so so and didn't flow, it dragged on painfully slow.

Gabe1

Happy Farm Market Friday. I'm going to make the most of a yucky day by running my usual gazillion errands that way I have some free time this weekend to enjoy the outdoors:joyfull:

I'm hoping for sunshine Saturday Morning. I want to do their Farmers Market in the middle of Farm Country down here. I did it a few years ago-it was awesome.

Gabe1

Oh my! That looks so good!

It was. All the food has been awesome.

This wassss a pork chop seasoned so well and two huge Trout filets also season nicely.

DHjqcMYVoAIfLDe.jpg

DHjqVmdXoAEtqOH.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Girls can be the worst. I had a girl in middle school who was such a bully. She would stop and intimidate me in the halls, call me a b*tch, ugly, fat, etc. I always reported it and came home and told my parents. It stopped very quickly when my father threatened to press harassment charges against her.

It really does help to have a father who is also a lawyer! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, here I am, preparing to play nice. Poms is having a start of the season kick off at one of the girl's houses. And moms come by at 9:30. (I really don't want to make nice with the other pom moms.I want to be getting ready to go to bed at 9:30.)

Pom pictures are tomorrow morning. DD came home and the black pair of dance shoes are suddenly mandatory...for tomorrow morning. No time to take her to the local dance shop before she was supposed to be at the party. Here is where I say I love my local dance shop. 10 minute drive for my house. I brought the tan shoes and told the lady I need these exact shoes in black. She grabbed them, I paid for them and came back home.

Now to find out about the black Nikes they want the girls to have for the first football game. Not the official ones. We are supposed to order those, too. (At least my DD realizes that this is silly, because this is going to be something close to $140 in sneakers.) Yep. Poms is very expensive. And @figmentfan423 it only gets better. They already have their bid for nationals. So I will be financing another trip for her to WDW, this time in February. Better start growing money trees in the backyard!

Oh my. It is very expensive to have a kid in sports. (I don't have any kids, but have heard stories about how expensive sports gear is for boys and girls, for most sports.)

When I was growing up, most of the sports equipment was supplied by the schools. Even in the summer, my two brothers were in town baseball leagues. The local business owners would donate money for the boys to have baseball caps and t-shirts. (Of course, the backs of the shirts might say, "Compliments of Bill's Hardware" or something along those lines! ;) ) My parents bought sneakers for the boys, and they wore jeans. The fathers volunteered to be coaches, and the mothers would bring beverages and snacks.

I also know some parents in different towns that even have to pay for their kids' school buses, for the school year. That wasn't the case years ago. My heart goes out to parents now--I don't know how (many of them) manage to come up with the money for all these things.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I could use a bit of pixie dust if anyone has some to spare. I heard there is a rumor that one of DS's bullies may have moved to Belgium and I REALLY want it to be true, because she's a huge ring leader among the bullies. She's the one who warned the new girl not to play with DS and who started bullying said new girl because she didn't listen. If this girl is gone, her cronies aren't smart enough to come up with new ways to torture him themselves and they might not be so daring...maybe DS can have his friend back.
Sending pixie dust in hopes it's true. That would make school so much easier for your ds. xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, here I am, preparing to play nice. Poms is having a start of the season kick off at one of the girl's houses. And moms come by at 9:30. (I really don't want to make nice with the other pom moms.I want to be getting ready to go to bed at 9:30.)

Pom pictures are tomorrow morning. DD came home and the black pair of dance shoes are suddenly mandatory...for tomorrow morning. No time to take her to the local dance shop before she was supposed to be at the party. Here is where I say I love my local dance shop. 10 minute drive for my house. I brought the tan shoes and told the lady I need these exact shoes in black. She grabbed them, I paid for them and came back home.

Now to find out about the black Nikes they want the girls to have for the first football game. Not the official ones. We are supposed to order those, too. (At least my DD realizes that this is silly, because this is going to be something close to $140 in sneakers.) Yep. Poms is very expensive. And @figmentfan423 it only gets better. They already have their bid for nationals. So I will be financing another trip for her to WDW, this time in February. Better start growing money trees in the backyard!
Sympathy like. Our band raised enough last year to cover the cost of shoes for this year's members:joyfull: and the same shoes are worn for chorus:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: Although I did pay for them every time they're in front of the supermarket I drop something in the bucket

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom