When Other Guests Improve Your Experience

kadybat

Original Poster
After reading @SourcererMark79's wonderful thread about other guests ruining your experience, I wanted to know if anyone had stories of other guests making your experience better. I've got one that happened recently.

I've been on Soarin' a bunch of times. Like, a bunch. I love the ride tremendously, but after a few times it does tend to get a little repetitive. Last time I went on it though - this June, during my past visit to DCA - a couple sitting next to me brought all the joy back. They were from Japan and were first-time DLR visitors. Given their Chip n Dale and Duffy gear, I figured they'd been to Tokyo Disneyland a couple times at least, but it was clear they'd never been on Soarin' before. After buzzing about during the pre-show, when the ride started, both of them, particularly the man, were just agape at the ride experience. Every single time the scene changed or the ride swooped or smells filled the room, you'd just hear "Sugoi sugoi sugoi!!" It was so darn cute and they seemed really happy and I was just really glad to be able to share that first ride experience with them in that way. It brought me back to the first time I rode Soarin' Over California in 2001.

I hope y'all have some fun stories like this too!

Last edited:

Alice a

The first time I ever rode midway mania, it was in the day of old paper fast passes. As we were walking into the park one afternoon, just hopping over from Epcot, a couple leaving HS gave us their fast passes.

We started doing this whenever we got fast passes but decided to leave early. It felt so nice, making someone else's day a little more fun.

ChristyKay

It was actually @SourcererMark79 who started that thread.
With legacy FP we got so excited on the rare occasion someone gave us their unused FP, and we always did the same for others.
I'm kind of shy so I don't normally initiate conversations, but it's always nice if you're next to a family in line that tries to make small talk, especially if you find something in common. I feel like that doesn't happen very often, but it's kind of refreshing :D

belledream

I'm always very appreciative of when people see us struggling to take a picture together and offer to do it for us. Then they proceed to take multiples, with different angles, really trying to help you out with those memories!

My favorite was at the end of a long Epcot day and this girl offered to take our picture in front of Spaceship Earth but it appeared my camera was dying. She was like "Oh do you want me to take it on my phone and text it to you?" Luckily my camera resurrected and it wasn't necessary, but she almost took it to the next level. I mean, I probably wouldn't have done that myself.

becca_

The opposite actually, the only time I've been at WDW for a week I begged my mom to get me a Mickey balloon since I could get "good use" (it floated in our room for 7 days lol) out of it and she said yes (I was like 7 or 8). So we get the balloon, and on check out day, I gave it to a little girl, like 3 or so, the balloon who had just gotten off DME. I think a lot of people do this who fly as well, since you can't bring it on the plane. I hope I enhanced her experience :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The opposite actually, the only time I've been at WDW for a week I begged my mom to get me a Mickey balloon since I could get "good use" (it floated in our room for 7 days lol) out of it and she said yes (I was like 7 or 8). So we get the balloon, and on check out day, I gave it to a little girl, like 3 or so, the balloon who had just gotten off DME. I think a lot of people do this who fly as well, since you can't bring it on the plane. I hope I enhanced her experience :)

Im guessing here but im pretty sure you made that little girl's entire trip and made your mother proud of you.

Minnesota disney fan

I've told this one before, so bear with me:)
On the bus back from the MK after a long tiring day, I was disappointed because I would not be able to stay to watch the fireworks. My husband left earlier, but I wanted to try to make it. I haven't seen the fireworks since l980's. But I was in a lot of pain and tired (have a chronic pain disease) so decided that I would give up. While on the bus, a Mom and 2 teenage girls were sitting down. They all jumped up to give me their seats. I thanked them and we talked and I told them I wasn't able to stay to see the fireworks and really wanted to. The Mom got out her phone and played the video of the fireworks that they took a few nights ago. The Mom said she took the video for her sister who wasn't able to come with them. I got to "see" the fireworks, afterall, due to the kindness of this lady, and her girls.

mimitchi33

I was waiting for the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor in 2016 and met an Australian family. They told me about their trip, showed me their autographs and then told me that they were going to Universal for the first time. I gave them advice on what to do there from what I know about the park (I didn't visit there until about a year later, but I knew a lot about what had gone on there since I last went in 2011). I also talked to them about Be Our Guest, since they had dining reservations there that night. They thanked me.

JIMINYCR

That was the great thing about paper fastpasses is that if your plans changed you could give them to someone else and sprinkle a bit of pixie dust
So sad to see the paper FP gone because of this. We received many and gave away many. It was a great way to brighten up someones day and be generous to a complete stranger. I enjoyed the YOAMD program also where you received 2 Tinkerbell pixie dust pins from a CM and had to give one away.

We had someone in the park who saw DW had her stuffed Jiminy Cricket with her, stop and talk to her about it. Then passed a rare Jiminy Pin on to her just because they knew it would mean more to her than themselves.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We gave and received a lot of the paper fastpasses. It was fun to be able to give them away. There were a few times we got a couple of fastpasses we knew we wouldn't be able to us for the sole purpose of surprising someone with them later.

I think it is nice when I have gotten compliments on my teeshirts or the Ears I'm wearing from other guests or cast members. Sometimes a simple compliment is enough to make my day.

mf1972

usually at epcot when we're waiting for the fireworks, if there's a family with small kids nearby or behind us, i always let them scoot up front so they get a good view & strike up a conversation as well. everyone is happy.

Graham9

We were at Animal Kingdom Dinoland at a stall and were playing that game where you throw a ball into a colored cup to win a prize. We were only doing it to kill a little time, but my wife (accidentally) won the top prize and huge plush cuddly dinosaur. A little later, there was a family playing the same game, but the little kid was in tears he did not win a prize and was making a scene. The parents wanted to give him another go, but had run out of money and were starting to look a little desperate, as the kid was getting seriously distressed.

My wife approached the family and asked if he would like the dinosaur and gave it to them. We couldn't really keep it, as we were flying out the next day and couldn't carry it, but they were so happy and grateful and the little kid didn't know what to do next. It obviously made their day.

UpAllNight

Tower of Terror....always better with screamers. We got talking to an American couple (we're from UK) in the queue and they were so over the top on the ride it was hilarious...the lady screamed, the guy was whooping...whole vehicle laughing at everyone else screaming.

Went single rider on Everest got paired with a guy who was told it was like BTM....also a screamer much to his parties delight in the cars in front. I just laughed all the way around.

John park hopper

After reading @SourcererMark79's wonderful thread about other guests ruining your experience, I wanted to know if anyone had stories of other guests making your experience better. I've got one that happened recently.

I've been on Soarin' a bunch of times. Like, a bunch. I love the ride tremendously, but after a few times it does tend to get a little repetitive. Last time I went on it though - this June, during my past visit to DCA - a couple sitting next to me brought all the joy back. They were from Japan and were first-time DLR visitors. Given their Chip n Dale and Duffy gear, I figured they'd been to Tokyo Disneyland a couple times at least, but it was clear they'd never been on Soarin' before. After buzzing about during the pre-show, when the ride started, both of them, particularly the man, were just agape at the ride experience. Every single time the scene changed or the ride swooped or smells filled the room, you'd just hear "Sugoi sugoi sugoi!!" It was so darn cute and they seemed really happy and I was just really glad to be able to share that first ride experience with them in that way. It brought me back to the first time I rode Soarin' Over California in 2001.

I hope y'all have some fun stories like this too!

Had the same experience as you did it was during extra hours had been doing Soarin repeatedly and had a party of young Japanese sit next to us (2 girls, 1 guy) They spoke a little English they were so excited, (first time Soarin) screaming in Japanese after the ride they apologized for being so loud. We told them they made our day and no need to apologize.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom