Question about the new Star Wars Hotel?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I would have thought the only way to get in is with a reservation think more like a Disney Cruise than a hotel.

Disneyhead'71

The costume part is what has me scratching my head. I get everything else, but what I just don't get, is it something you try on there and get what works, do I have to pre select my sizes before arrival, are they being reused or do I get to keep them as souvenirs, what about "guests of certain body dimensions" am I supposed to wear these when I'm in the park (so the streetmosphere cast treats me different, and some guests know I dropped a ton of money on a special experience) ? Lots of questions, it seems like that one aspect of the immersion could easily become a logistical nightmare.....
My guess is a choice of costumes. Maybe a simple Jedi Robe is hanging in the closet when you check in. And is yours to keep if you want ($150 added to your bill). There will probably be a costume shop where you can get "Specialty" costumes like stormtroopers for crazy money.

I think it would be hilarious if the little kids costumes (robes) look like R2-D2 and BB-8.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would guess this hotel would be similiar to how a cruise works...probably a max of 2 nights with set check in and check out for the entire resort (missions start and end as a group). I doubt you would have the ability to visit other parks outside of the immersive environment. I think this would be 100% Star Wars ALL the time. Once complete...you move to another resort and enjoy the rest of your vacation. If I was paying thousands of dollars to stay in the Star Wars universe the LAST thing I would want is a bunch of people walking into the lobby with mickey ballons from their day at the Magic Kingdom. My guess is this will be less of a resort and more a purchased inclusive limited engagement vacation package that exists separate (but within) from the average WDW experience. Who knows....I guess we will find out soon enough.

But there would be no way to prevent that. It's not a like a cruise ship where you physically can't leave, there is no way they could force people to stay in the hotel the whole time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The costume part is what has me scratching my head. I get everything else, but what I just don't get, is it something you try on there and get what works, do I have to pre select my sizes before arrival, are they being reused or do I get to keep them as souvenirs, what about "guests of certain body dimensions" am I supposed to wear these when I'm in the park (so the streetmosphere cast treats me different, and some guests know I dropped a ton of money on a special experience) ? Lots of questions, it seems like that one aspect of the immersion could easily become a logistical nightmare.....

During the D23 presentation says "opportunity to dress up in costume".

Disneyhead'71

You can't drink $5 coffees when its an all-inclusive resort.
Right, I forgot about that. So, "Sit there sipping a $55 "Specialty Cocktail in a collectible souvenir Stormtrooper helmet glass" similar too
maxresdefault.jpg

mm121

I have been reading about the immersive experience of the new SW hotel, and was just wondering if you HAVE to do the immersive part? I would love to experience staying there, but have no interest in being a character or participating in it to that level. I just wonder if others like me, who just want to stay at the SW hotel, are wondering the same thing? Does anyone know if there will be separate packages offered for those who want to be immersed in the hotel, but not the character and story line experience?

It's people like you that are why we cant have cool nice new things!!

I doubt disney even has the answers to all this yet. But whats the point of going if your going to just be a boring old fogy and not participate.

this is meant as an exclusive experience for fans that want an inclusive experience. though not sure how they can lock people in yet

maybe they should make the starwars hotel float off shore so that would take away the ability for people to want to leave

mm121

But there would be no way to prevent that. It's not a like a cruise ship where you physically can't leave, there is no way they could force people to stay in the hotel the whole time.
this is too bad, since unfortunately people are idiots and will want to come and go and just treat this place like a regular hotel when its not meant to be

sounds like this project needs to be built off shore somewhere to literally take away the option to leave,
During the D23 presentation says "opportunity to dress up in costume".

It's too bad they can't make it mandatory, as having some bozos in baggy jeans doesnt really fit with the theme

but thats exactly why this is gonna be priced mega bucks $$$$$$$ to try to motivate those that arent interested in the full experience to STAY AWAY

Shaman

Good question. I'm sure this is on Disney's radar. Any grand plans one might dream up may seem amazing in our heads but some concepts are not workable in reality especially when trying to please different kinds of consumers. It all comes down to the money or rather calculating how to maximize profits.

Exactly. Im going to take the cynical view and focus on the money angle. This hotel will be closer to the cruise ship concept/experience but I doubt it will be the walled off experience some seem to be dreaming about. Disney wants folks to dish out thousands for the hotel but also not lose out on the potential hundreds they can also make from the same guests at the different parks daily. I suspect this experience will be priced as cruiseships (per person and room category) with basic scheduled daily events included (ports) and additional experiences available at a cost (onshore excrusions). Maybe all inclusive...but I doubt it. You probably won't be obligated to attend the basic events, similar to how you dont have to disembark at every port a cruise ship visits. You will definitely be able to come and go as you please, but I suspect that most of the hotel will be restricted to those staying there. Otherwise, the resort grounds will be just as congested as the park. The hotel basics will probably exists in some theme-friendly fashion like front desk, housekeeping, etc.

This will definitely be a premium experience. Start saving, selling your soul, cutting arms/legs....

And this will probably be the first of many such hotels. Princess hotel experience incoming? Or Pirates? Or Marvel? Villains?

Also I'm speculating a Harry Potter Hotel is probably a given...even before the concept proves successful at Disney. Not sure where Universal will build it, but I suspect the talks are pretty far along.

These will be fun. A new level of themed experiences, beyond the traditional theme park. But the profit factor will dictate how far they go with immersion vs flexibility.

WDWFANSINCE81

Agreed. There is no way to prevent that from happening but they could make it challenging....they may choose not to offer complimentary transportation from the resort. They would most likely schedule immersive missions and activities that you would want to participate in throughout the resort and Galaxy's Edge since you are paying top dollar. I doubt there would be a lot of free time go out and ride Soarin. I think the key to this is a relatively set schedule and limited timeframe at the resort (check in on Monday and out on Wednesday then move to a more traditional resort to experience the rest of WDW).

Communicora

Premium Member
It's people like you that are why we cant have cool nice new things!!

I doubt disney even has the answers to all this yet. But whats the point of going if your going to just be a boring old fogy and not participate.

this is meant as an exclusive experience for fans that want an inclusive experience. though not sure how they can lock people in yet

maybe they should make the starwars hotel float off shore so that would take away the ability for people to want to leave

My theory is that much of it will be like an improvisational dinner show like Tony n' Tina's Wedding. You can attend and enjoy the show more as a spectator or you can interact with the characters and have a deeper experience. Some people like to hang back and observe more than participate and it doesn't do any harm to the people who attend and want to play around a bit more.

po1998

It would be awesome to play Darth Vadar and then get to keep the costume. LOL

BalooChicago

I wonder if they won't rotate buildings or floors out - Day 1 and 2 you are "in" and days 3+ you are at a "regular" resort - I can't see them discouraging guests from visiting WDW - otherwise why even locate it in Orlando?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wonder if they won't rotate buildings or floors out - Day 1 and 2 you are "in" and days 3+ you are at a "regular" resort - I can't see them discouraging guests from visiting WDW - otherwise why even locate it in Orlando?

I am sure they will set the price point so that they will earn about the same off the guests if they went to the park for the day or stayed at the hotel. This would essentially turn the hotel into a fifth gate.

The_Jobu

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the hotel forum, or merged with the existing thread about the hotel?

Just saying.

BrianLo

I just can't imagine that for the price point they're going to force you into activities and things you don't want to do. It's a vacation and can be tailored to your liking.

Of course no one will be forced to do anything, but the question becomes if you are just going to sit in your room and watch movies - why on earth would you pay to stay there? Without a doubt the per-night rate will outstrip nearly anything on property.

I think the OP is under some weird delusion this will be an affordable option. If you are not participating I doubt the price point is worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom