Makin' memories
Makin' memories
Takin' pictures is makin' memories
Catchin' little pieces of time
Makin' them yours and makin' them mine
Great vacations and celebrations we love to hold near and dear
And when we're makin' memories
Happy days can reappear!

@amjt660 it seemed a little presumptuous of me to include Three Peat in the title of this trip report. A more accurate term might be Repeat, considering this is my third TR in three months. I am fearful that my WDWMagic friends may be weary of me.

But for @Big Hair and anyone else who wants to follow along, Welcome! I truly love reliving our great (and not-so-great) vacation memories through writing these reports. As always, your comments and observations are much appreciated!

So c'mon everybody, here we go........

Cast: Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Dates: June 17-25, 2017
Resorts: Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian Village ('cause let's be honest......you can take the girl out of the Poly, but you can't take the Poly out of the girl!)

IMG_8860.JPG

(Does this picture make you woozy? It is an appropriate representation of my Pandora experience.)

Stick around to discover what memories we made!

amjt660

Premium Member
When DH and I got married, our pastor told him he only needed 2 phrases in order to have a happy marriage. "Yes, Dear." and "I think I have something to do in the garage." The important thing is to not get them mixed up. For example, if your wife asks you "Does this dress make me look fat?" That is NOT the time for a "Yes, Dear."
I found out quite quickly that if your wife asks
"Do these jeans make me look fat?"

The answer of:
"Oh honey - don't blame it on the jeans "
is NOT appropriate !!!!

Max

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Been following your Trip Reports and really like them. But, is WDW your home and Atlanta your vacation spot? Yes ....... I'm jealous!!!!
Thanks for the compliment. :) I really do spend more days outside WDW than in though!

I've never stayed at Poly, but after seeing these pictures and that room service ... that may have to change.
There's a reason Poly's my favorite ;)

That's certainly a Father's Day meal that is tough to beat! :hungry:
It was!

Songbird76

@Songbird76 - She'll be 12 next month. And yes, I fully understand it is (usually) hormone related and for the most part you just have to ride it out. Last night however she crossed a line and I took away her phone for the weekend (which she only received one week ago as an early birthday present so that she could communicate with her best friend during the summer break). I think she realizes she went too far as well, because she has not made one peep about asking for it back.
Good that she realizes it. Mine doesn't really get snarky...she gets pouty. She'll pull her hair over her face so you can't see her and she'll just pout. All I have to do is ignore it. I don't think I'd handle snarky very well.

Songbird76

Feels like I was just here.....(it was a quick 41 days ;))
View attachment 214330

Received our 3rd floor room request but not the same room as last month. It was a mirror image.
View attachment 214331

In the last month the rooms in Hawaii were "refreshed." Gone is the ceiling fan :arghh: replaced by an obnoxious overhead light (seen in pic above). The giant armoire has been halved in order to accommodate the giant flat screen TV on the wall. The tiki man desk lamp has been removed and in its place is a more modern (but less themed) lamp. The mini fridge is no longer behind a cabinet door, so items actually stay cold and opening/closing the door is less cumbersome. Carpet remains in the living space.

View attachment 214332

The welcome back basket was a surprise.
View attachment 214333

Our balcony overlooked the Oasis pool.
View attachment 214335

The full set of the new H2O toiletries (club level extras include aloe gel, foot cream, ultra hydrating moisturizer, vanity kit and shower cap).
View attachment 214334

I called down to Bell Services and our luggage was brought immediately (unlike the nearly two hour delay we experienced last summer.) As we unpacked it began to storm. No worries....it was Happy Hour! :D
What was in that Welcome Back package? Was that coffee?

TrolleyFollower91

What is the purple wall thing? I tried to google it and it gave me information about stores that sell paint.
It's a wall in tomorrowland that is popular on social media. Apparently it goes well with everyone's complexions.

What was in that Welcome Back package? Was that coffee?
It had a fig bar, macadamia nuts, and some dried fruit.

Songbird76

We were unable to watch the storm from the comfort of the lounge.....it was PACKED. It did not prevent us from getting some adult beverages to take back to our room though.

Say it with me: Ku U Lei!
View attachment 214339

What to do about dinner? Though the rain was tapering off we weren't sure we wanted to head back out. The aromatic smells from 'Ohana's wood fired ovens had piqued our interest when we passed by earlier ~ but as y'all know 'Ohana ADRs are hard to come by.

What if we could enjoy the food from 'Ohana in the peace and quiet of our own room? Why, that would be a Father's Day miracle!

Otherwise known as the Polynesian Twilight Feast.
View attachment 214340

View attachment 214342

View attachment 214341

@lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek had ordered the Feast and reported it was A LOT of food ~ they got the Feast for one and had plenty of leftovers. I wasn't sure one Feast would be enough for three (sidenote: it would have!) so I ordered two. The CM asked how many were dining so enough supplies were included.

The food is the same as you get at 'Ohana (salad, wings, dumplings, noodles, veggies and skewered meats) with a few tweaks: dinner rolls in lieu of the pineapple bread (but same macadamia nut butter) and no ice cream for the bread pudding; but the addition of white rice and a carafe of POG juice (which came in handy for our future breakfasts....we don't "juice up" the POG like @lostpro9het ;)).

Since we don't eat shrimp, we were given extra steak. :hungry:

View attachment 214343

We dined al fresco.
View attachment 214345

View attachment 214344

The bread pudding is better a la mode.....but we were so stuffed by this point that it wasn't a big deal.
View attachment 214346

"The best Father's Day dinner ever!" Woody proclaimed.

No kids, no ukulele singer, no games, no slow service for 35 percent less than had we eaten in 'Ohana?
Best Father's Day dinner indeed!
YUM!! I LOVED those dumplings!! And the noodles. Glad you were able to get your meal sans ADR!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, June 20

Have you ever had one of these days?
09F33CC8-EEA6-4730-8E3F-8A9275801FE7-9752-0000120B233A9008.jpeg

I'm here to tell you that neither Disney Magic (nor pixie dust) can prevent a trip on the struggle bus....even while you're on vacation.

As is typical, I was the first one to awaken this morning. The room was in total darkness and as I attempted to sneak quietly out of bed (so as not to wake Woody or Em) I whacked my head against this.....
IMG_4328.PNG

....HARD!!!! The searing pain caused me to slump over on my side as tears welled in my eyes. This of course woke Woody, who was startled to see me slumped over without knowing the reason why. The poor guy thought I'd had a heart attack or stroke. Nope ~ just a lump and a bruise (on both my head and my ego!)

I got dressed and went to get breakfast while Woody showered and Em slept. The lounge was mobbed and I managed to snag the last open table. I opened my iPad to read while I ate and hadn't even had my first spoonful of oatmeal when a voice said, "Can I sit with you?"

I looked up to see a grandma holding a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee. "I don't know where my family is. They may have left without me."

Well I would have to have a heart of stone to deny a chair to a grandma whose family is MIA. "Absolutely, have a seat!" I smiled.

So instead of reading, I closed my iPad and made idle chit chat with a stranger over breakfast. (Don't worry, she eventually found her family.)

On my way back to the room I passed a boy of about 9 who was watching "Fixer Upper" on the flat screen TV. He was on the sofa and his mom was sitting in a chair (behind the sofa) intently reading the newspaper.

"They found TERMITE DAMAGE!" the boy shrieked.

It was all I could do not to laugh.

Ten seconds later the urge to laugh subsided when my MagicBand would not unlock our door. Tried several times. Irritated, I knocked on the door. When Woody let me in I grabbed my other 3 MagicBands and tested them on the lock.

None worked. (The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round....)

I spent the next 15 minutes at the concierge desk getting my bands recoded. I returned to the lounge to find Woody and Em finishing their breakfast. Then we made the walk to the TTC. It was cloudy and a nice breeze was blowing so we weren't hot ~ but I sensed that rain was likely inevitable.

Glad we weren't headed to the MK. Look at that line!
IMG_7545.JPG

After we got on the Epcot monorail I took a picture of Woody and Em. Woody's eyes were closed. "I need to take it again, your eyes were closed," I said.

Playful (scary?) Woody made sure it didn't happen a second time.
IMG_7547.JPG

(Yes, Em made a meme of this to send to her brothers!)

I was not satisfied with the above either.
Third time's a charm.
IMG_7548.JPG

Songbird76

Thanks for the compliment. :) I really do spend more days outside WDW than in though!

There's a reason Poly's my favorite ;)

It was!
My dream is to be able to afford the Poly someday. We stayed at CBR last summer....my first time staying on property, and we had dinner at 'Ohana, and we LOVED the Poly. I so want to stay there someday. It really has an amazing feel to it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The room was in total darkness and as I attempted to sneak quietly out of bed (so as not to wake Woody or Em) I whacked my head against this.....

Yikes. Sorry to hear that you hit your head on that thing.

Isn't traveling fun? :cautious: I swear that every time I stay in a hotel, I always end up banging into something or tripping over something in the room. Never fails. :banghead: I always return home with bruises! :p

12in12

Yikes. Sorry to hear that you hit your head on that thing.

Isn't traveling fun? :cautious: I swear that every time I stay in a hotel, I always end up banging into something or tripping over something in the room. Never fails. :banghead: I always return home with bruises! :p

Sorry to hear about your bump, it was the hotels fault because they changed the decor! I stubbed my big toe quite badly on a bed in Argentina, the nail fell off 2 months later and it took over a year for the new nail to look normal. Not the souvenir I wanted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom