Volcano Bay

flynnibus

Premium Member
"

Of course waiting 3 hours in a confined space is different than coming back 3 hours later.

Then clue in and stop trying to compare the outcomes where one system requires you to do so... and the other does not. They have different consequences and hence will lead to different outcomes.

It's tiring to have to break the counterpoints down three levels because you don't catch on

mergatroid

Because you are not actually paying attention to the details in your crusade.

do you really think waiting 3hrs in a confined space is the same as coming back to something 3hrs later?

And in this example we are talking about the coaster since you wanted to exaggerate with the worst case waits ... which is its own tier... which is why I said their was no consequence to queuing for it.

Pay attention to the details... things might start making sense.

Have they changed it again?

A poster on here confirmed that when VB opened you could book 1 coaster reservation along with 1 slide reservation on Tapu, Tapu as they were on different tiers (1+1)

Shortly after opening when lines weren't moving well at all they changed it so you could only book 1 and this apparently improved things slightly, the poster saying this seems extremely well informed so I'm only going off what they said.

Are you now saying they've changed it back again an they're now operating on a 1+1 tier system again?

Can anyone verify the current use of 'tiers' please?

Last edited:

mergatroid

Show me where I've said they shouldn't tweak anything.

Switching from 1+1 was an obvious and correct move
. Mathematically it makes sense. Removing EP was an obvious and correct move. Mathematically it makes sense.

I knew I'd seen this on this thread somewhere. Have they moved back operating a 1+1 tier system again?

captainkidd

Then clue in and stop trying to compare the outcomes where one system requires you to do so... and the other does not. They have different consequences and hence will lead to different outcomes.

It's tiring to have to break the counterpoints down three levels because you don't catch on

It's tiring having to try and point out to you that nobody, I repeat, NOBODY, is oblivious to the systems. All anyone is trying to do (though to their credit, most have simply given up trying) is to point out the flaws in the system that you INSIST on trying to prove are benefits. Again, maybe to you they are. If so, that's great. But for the majority, who visit water parks for the slides, it is not beneficial.

captainkidd

Pay attention to the details... things might start making sense.

Speaking of details, you've stated a few times now that the system allows you to book the coaster and a slide at the same time. That was how the system started, but wasn't it changed shortly after opening to improve wait times?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Speaking of details, you've stated a few times now that the system allows you to book the coaster and a slide at the same time. That was how the system started, but wasn't it changed shortly after opening to improve wait times?

I was trying to get my bothans in the park today to confirm that restriction wasn't there but they didn't attempt to ride it today.

raven

"Obviously you haven't been there yet and are just making crude assumptions with the little information that you've heard. But let me give you some ideas.

Wave pool, Lazy River #1, Lazy River #2, play in one of the play areas, MANY interactive elements, relax in a lounger, eat at one of the food service areas, shop at one of the many shops, explore the volcano, explore the walking trails, etc.

Volcano Bay isn't your basic water park where you visit just to go on slides then go home. It's a water theme park. It's not all about just riding slides the whole time you are there. They want their guests to relax and enjoy the scenery S well. Having down time between getting on slides, instead of standing in a long queue, makes the place more enjoyable. It's also a brilliant marketing idea since people get very hungry at water parks and also need sun protection and want to take a break from the heat, and get into the shops!"

I haven't been. I don't think they are crude assumptions. They are observations from the majority of what I have read.
I don't care about a wave pool. I live near the ocean. Lazy Rivers are good for an hour, not hours on end, several times per day. At least, not for me. And I assure you, not for the majority of guests.

Universal can want what they want. That's not going to cut it. They need to deliver what guests want. And judging by the reviews, guests don't want to spend their day shopping at a water park. As for getting out of the sun, nearly every single review has said there is very little shade. Sorry, but the PR push of it being a "water theme park" is nothing more than that.

"Because you are not actually paying attention to the details in your crusade.

do you really think waiting 3hrs in a confined space is the same as coming back to something 3hrs later?

And in this example we are talking about the coaster since you wanted to exaggerate with the worst case waits ... which is its own tier... which is why I said their was no consequence to queuing for it."

Enough with the crusade nonsense. It's a message board. It's for discussions. Not all of the opinions are going to jive with yours. I can deal with it without thinking there's a hidden agenda. Why can't you?

Of course waiting 3 hours in a confined space is different than coming back 3 hours later. I would never wait 3 hours in any queue for any ride, water or otherwise. And at any water park I've ever visited, I never have. And I'm far from exaggerating the worst case. Waits have been double at times what I was using as an example.

We can go round and round in circles on this. It's very simple. For some, that have no problem spending time shopping, drinking, eating or spending hours in a wave pool or lazy river, VB is great. For others, it's not what they are looking for in a water park. No different than when Animal Kingdom opened. Some people were fine with it being basically a zoo, despite Disney claiming otherwise. Some people were ****ed because they wanted rides like a traditional theme park.
WHY ARE TOU YELLING?!!!!

I don't go by "what people have said." I go by industry reviews and Volcano Bay just won an award for "Best New Theme Park."

Don't come on here and slam the views of other people who've actually experienced the park first hand. If you don't like it, don't go. Easy enough.

raven

Sir what you are referencing above is a very, very large load of bullocks and excuses! This place is a waterpark. You can call it what you want, but it is a water park and I can tell you what the general public are dragging their kids there for and that's a waterpark.

I clearly understand what Universal wants this place to be, and that is a cash grab waterpark/shopping center/eatery hybrid, but Universals expectations are not in line with the consumer expectations on this one.

Captain Kidd is on the money here. What Captain Kidd may not understand is that he is arguing with a few Universal fans and employees that are drinking the Kool Aid from a firehose and have no interest in seeing the facts here.
It's been categorized by the theme park industry as a "Water Theme Park." I didn't just make up that title but thank you for the credit.

And cash grab?!!! Ha! Disney is the #1 leader of that!

Also, I'm not a Uni employee. I'm self-employed actually. And I'm a fan of most theme parks.

captainkidd

WHY ARE TOU YELLING?!!!!

I don't go by "what people have said." I go by industry reviews and Volcano Bay just won an award for "Best New Theme Park."

Don't come on here and slam the views of other people who've actually experienced the park first hand. If you don't like it, don't go. Easy enough.

Not yelling. Bold isn't yelling. Caps is. My quote feature doesn't always work.

I'm not slamming anyone's views. I'm sharing my views as to why I don't like the system as I know it to exist.

The "industry" is not calling it a theme park. Universal is.

Are you referring to that recent news article? Quick question: How many other theme parks have opened this year? FWIW, I have no doubt the park is spectacular. If you read my older posts, you'll see how big of a fan I've been of the design from the start. My issue with the park is in its operations.

raven

The "industry" is not calling it a theme park. Universal is.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flu...n=Feed:+ThemeParkInsider+(Theme+Park+Insider)

Are you referring to that recent news article? Quick question: How many other theme parks have opened this year?
Well since these awards only come out once per year in June we need to go back to June of 2016 to count them:

• Italy LunEur - Fall of 2016 (Reopened)
Looks like Volcano Bay was chosen over Shanghai Disneyland for "Best New Theme Park" for this award!

My issue with the park is in its operations.
Again, you how can you have a problem with their operations when you haven't even visisted this park yet? You are being prejudice from just reading select reviews. Plenty of YouTube vloggers who have praised this park. Don't judge it until you've gone.

raven

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201707/5631/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ThemeParkInsider+(Theme+Park+Insider)

Well since these awards only come out once per year in June we need to go back to June of 2016 to count them:

• Italy LunEur - Fall of 2016 (Reopened)
Looks like Volcano Bay was chosen over Shanghai Disneyland for "Best New Theme Park" for this award!

Again, you how can you have a problem with their operations when you haven't even visisted this park yet? You are being prejudice from just reading select reviews. Plenty of YouTube vloggers who have praised this park. Don't judge it until you've gone.
EDIT: Time chosen was between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017. My mistake.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Can anyone verify the current use of 'tiers' please?

I got confirmation they are still sticking with the one tier currently. So for every person waiting 2+ hrs... those are people not competing with you on other attractions. The virtual queue removes some of the pain... but locking yourself in for that long is excessive. Wonder how bad their no show rate is when the wait exceeds 150mins.

I had a friend make a last minute family trip to uni this week. He's never been to uni before and generally gushes over anything Disney does. He's also the type that won't flinch at buying his way out of pain and generally has low tolerance for massive waiting (has two kids under 10).

Asked him about volcano bay which they did today. They loved it. He's loving his uni stay so far too... during a holiday week no less.

mergatroid

Because you are not actually paying attention to the details in your crusade.

And in this example we are talking about the coaster since you wanted to exaggerate with the worst case waits ... which is its own tier... which is why I said their was no consequence to queuing for it.

Pay attention to the details... things might start making sense

I got confirmation they are still sticking with the one tier currently. So for every person waiting 2+ hrs... those are people not competing with you on other attractions. The virtual queue removes some of the pain... but locking yourself in for that long is excessive. Wonder how bad their no show rate is when the wait exceeds 150mins.

I had a friend make a last minute family trip to uni this week. He's never been to uni before and generally gushes over anything Disney does. He's also the type that won't flinch at buying his way out of pain and generally has low tolerance for massive waiting (has two kids under 10).

Asked him about volcano bay which they did today. They loved it. He's loving his uni stay so far too... during a holiday week no less.

You should take a leaf out of your own book and pay attention to details yourself rather than being rude to others. You've just made a right fool of yourself there getting some well known fact (to those paying attention) completely wrong. It couldn't get much more embarrassing for you than that :D:D:D

Last edited:

captainkidd

I was about to respond but see that Mr. Morrow has. TPI is a fansite. A great one, but fansite nonetheless.

I've seen those reviews that are praising the park, and it has given me hope. Unfortunately, there are still far more negative reviews than positive ones. When it starts to shift more to being even, at that point I'll strongly consider taking a day out of my vacation to spend there. In the meantime, I don't think the park will miss my business. On the contrary, we're spending 8 days of our upcoming vacation on Universal property. Don't start getting the idea I'm a Disney fanboi. I love Disney, but I'll be the 1st person to say Disney won't see a dime of my money spent at Disney Springs.

lebeau

The glowing defense of the park here is not coherent with the reactions to the park in the real world. I can't imagine any brand new park has had this rough of an opening in decades. Every day sounds like the first day of operation. This is the type of thing that shouldn't happen in an industry that has existed over 60 years, from an established theme park operator, in Orlando of all places.

The real world or the internet? Because when I was there in the real world, everyone I saw appeared to be having a great time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You should take a leaf out of your own book and pay attention to details yourself rather than being rude to others. You've just made a right fool of yourself there getting some well known fact (to those paying attention) completely wrong. It couldn't get much more embarrassing for you than that :D:D:D

Smdh. Your lack of reading comprehension is more than I can take anymore. The conversation flows the same even if the current system changes... because it was a discussion not a litmus test. Notice I gave the info and acknowledged it. I'm out of patience for having to baby step everything for you. pL0nK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom