Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
How do they plan to handle the switch of Midway from the old Queue to the new Queue.? I am assuming they have to close the ride down to do this? That could mean that Midway AND GMR closed at the same time, in addition to the construction already taking place.

Bolt

How do they plan to handle the switch of Midway from the old Queue to the new Queue.? I am assuming they have to close the ride down to do this? That could mean that Midway AND GMR closed at the same time, in addition to the construction already taking place.
Pretty sure that assumption that is inaccurate. They can thread Guests into side entrances during the switch. Additionally, Track C has its own queue so truthfully, they could always load through exits. That building has a lot of options.

Goofyernmost

Although TSL is going to be an additional draw, it is a different target audience then what is currently going there. So, I don't expect it to have a huge, mind boggling impact, albeit some. Now when SWL opens hang onto your hat, that is going to bring ginormous NEW business to the place. That is when they are going to need a place for the kiddies to go and the new GMR and TSL is just the ticket. IMHO!

Kman101

I think they DO get it. That's why these projects will complete in 2019, not 2021. Best to just pull off the Band-Aid in this case.

While I was using a bit of hyperbole, I obviously believe they "know" what they're doing. But if they cared about capacity and ADDING things to the park that needs it, Mickey would be a new build, but I know they want it implemented quickly which means gutting GMR. That's more what I mean by they don't get it. The park needs a lot more to do. And updated shows ... lol :) so basically if they're aware of the problems, what are they doing to fix them?

clemmo

While I was using a bit of hyperbole, I obviously believe they "know" what they're doing. But if they cared about capacity and ADDING things to the park that needs it, Mickey would be a new build, but I know they want it implemented quickly which means gutting GMR. That's more what I mean by they don't get it. The park needs a lot more to do. And updated shows ... lol :) so basically if they're aware of the problems, what are they doing to fix them?
I agree while they know what they're doing now, do they have a long term plan? That is, do they have a plan for when the park is mobbed due to SWL and the rest of the park is lacking. They need to get moving on new shows and a revamp of the courtyard area.

ToTBellHop

Let's hope they continue with further projects in the 2020s!

wdwgreek

And as TSL opens the GMR is going to be closed. They don't get it do they?
I thought GMR was closing in August? You mean I have to plan yet another GMR farewell trip. grrrr... but in reality no they do not get it. count the future world pavilions in 1994 and today for evidence.

Spencer_ralph46

I agree while they know what they're doing now, do they have a long term plan? That is, do they have a plan for when the park is mobbed due to SWL and the rest of the park is lacking. They need to get moving on new shows and a revamp of the courtyard area.
Are we talking about both muppets and animation courtyard or just animation.

ToTBellHop

Hopefully you are hearing that additional projects are in the works...

I really hope they don't stop with Star Wars and Mickey. The park still will new a good bit of work beyond that (no, not just updating the shows, actually new things).
There are ideas and there are folks in charge who understand more will be needed. I'm unsure whether that will be enough to get a budget. They really shouldn't wait until SWL is open before planning another expansion.

I've heard more concrete details for updates to existing spaces.

NiarrNDisney

With a new building being built to house a new queue would there be enough space in the old queue to build another track expanding the capacity of the ride yet agin? Or is the new queue just going to connect with the old?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
With a new building being built to house a new queue would there be enough space in the old queue to build another track expanding the capacity of the ride yet agin? Or is the new queue just going to connect with the old?
For TSMM? Same as today with an even longer queue. Think of the current outside switchbacks being permenant. And on the opposite side of the building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom