The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

@Gabe1 I went shopping
I ordered two bathing suits. I'll probably only keep one since I really only need one and can return stuff to the Sears less than five minutes away from work, but I'm not sure which one I'll like better until I get it in person
This one I know will fit, but it's similar to one I already have:
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=482393OHX

This one I really liked color-wise, but it's a different style than I normally wear, so I'm not sure whether it'll work or not:
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=478223OHX

And then I got a cover-up.
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=481291OHX

donaldtoo

Sad, indeed.
I've never read any of the books, but, have always enjoyed all the earlier movies with Sean Connery, the one with Geroge Lazenby (On Her Majesty's Secret Service), and all the ones with Roger Moore.
Just haven't had quite as much interest in the more recent ones, so haven't watched all of most of them. Should probably take the time to do that sometime in the future.

I do own this book, which is pretty interesting... :)

https://www.amazon.com/Your-Eyes-Only-Fleming-James/dp/1596915447

BuddyThomas

A few more pictures from EPCOT, lunch at America and dinner at Artist's Palette. Hubby and I saw the cutest little boy dunking his donut in the fountain at France and then eating it. His Mother was sitting there paying no attention. Wonder if he has a stomach ache about now? That's it for today.

View attachment 206656 View attachment 206657 View attachment 206658 View attachment 206659 View attachment 206660 View attachment 206661 View attachment 206662 View attachment 206663 View attachment 206664 View attachment 206665
Wow - great pictures! Thanks a lot for making me hungry at 11:21 PM. :)

donaldtoo

Not yet . . .:cautious:

Yea, let's try not to give 'em anymore upcharge "ideas"...although, it's already obvious they have no problem comin' up with more than enough on their own. I sometimes wonder if they don't have a dedicated upcharge dept. (maybe called "Optimal Creative Fleecineering :rolleyes:)
Yea, the only positive thing for us I can think of is that, depending on how they work the bus upcharge, it could thin out the regular busses for us, a little...maybe...? :cyclops:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@Gabe1 I went shopping
I ordered two bathing suits. I'll probably only keep one since I really only need one and can return stuff to the Sears less than five minutes away from work, but I'm not sure which one I'll like better until I get it in person
This one I know will fit, but it's similar to one I already have:
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=482393OHX

This one I really liked color-wise, but it's a different style than I normally wear, so I'm not sure whether it'll work or not:
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=478223OHX

And then I got a cover-up.
https://www.landsend.com/products/w...EARCH_OH&action=DTP_SEARCH_OH&query=481291OHX

You go girl. I'd keep them both if they both work. I love the first one, the pattern and colors are so rich and pretty. Me, much older I tend to avoid the deep dip that I once wore when I was your age. I love it but being endowed and older...I'm mindful of my age. The second one is cut straight across and for me I like it better for me but halter neck strap with the straight across style tends not to do the necessary support thing for my needs. I usually buy that straight across but with 2 shoulder straps. Tends to work for me.

Let me know how they work for you. I just peeked at the Lands End Suits and there are many I'd like to buy. I like their patterns more this year.

Gabe1

Anymore now, a lot of restaurants are going to the tip pool where the individual server doesn't get to take home their own tips. All tips go into a bowl to be distributed evenly between all servers and bus personnel. So you can have a bad server who still gets quite a bit, or a stellar server who gets lowballed.
Funny story...the day before dad's funeral, my brother's in-laws came into town to take are of my niece and my son (he was freaked out about the idea of going to the funeral). So when they got there, we all went out to eat at this restaurant together. So there was My brother and his husband and their daughter, his husband's parents, and my family of 4. We went early because we really had nowhere to be and they started serving prime rib at 4, so we were just going to have some appetizers and wait until they started serving dinner. My niece was 3 (she turned 4 a week and a half ago) and is not the most well-behaved child on the planet. She tends to be really loud and pretty hyper...add in the fact that she was SUPER excited to see her cousins and you have a handful! And because she was so excited to see her cousins, she couldn't keep her hands to herself...she LOVES to tickle people...my son HATES to be tickled and doesn't particularly like to be touched anyway. So she's trying to tickle him, he's trying VERY hard to be nice and just keeps asking her to stop, but he's getting frustrated and is trying to get away from her by hiding under a table and she's chasing him, plus she stole DD's drink, so she was caffeinated as well...it was a ZOO. The poor server...man, he worked hard that day and I felt really bad for him, and fortunately it was a Monday so the place was pretty dead, but still...it was a lot. And then the kitchen cooked my husband's steak well done when he ordered medium rare, so he had to send it back. Well, my husband went to go pay and of course, in the Netherlands you don't tip, and if you do, it's mostly just rounding off the change to an even dollar amount. So he's trying to figure out the tip and we were paying for the whole group of us and he was planning to give the guy a good tip anyway, so he was going to round it off to whatever amount with 60 at the end but got 60 stuck in his head and ended up tipping the guy $60. :hilarious: Probably made the guy's day. Oh well...he totally deserved it dealing with our group, but hubby felt really stupid because he's usually REALLY good with math. I guess jet lag, grief, stress, and math don't mix!! We tend to be good tippers anyway, but that was a BIT excessive.

Oh My! The dinner from h*ll. Hope the food was good. I feel for your son, non of us are fond of tickling so something we never really did. I admire his restraint but crawling under the table and her chasing him, oy. I'm surprised her Dads didn't take her outside to get a grip on being in public. My kids went to fine restaurants from young and boy all I had to do was glare and they shaped up and that was incredibly rare and usually when my BILs kids were the catalyst.

Not that any of us are good at funerals but what freaked your BIL??? Could the child been picking up on his anxiety? Odd curiosity. I remember your stories of them looking for a surrogate. Is that what they did or was the niece from a different relationship or adopted. Begs for the rest of the story if you don't mind sharing. :) If that is too private, I get that too, no worries. :happy:

Gabe1

Again? I thought it was new. Yes, it's there, under the chit chat thread somewhere.

Yeah, Steve made it I think a couple months ago I believe. I read WDWMagic's explanation in the members forum and I tend to agree with his reasoning.

So since it is a forum unto itself @Cesar R M there will likely always be new threads. I like the way Steve set it up. If it isn't anyone's thing they just don't have to go to that forum or threads. Simple choice to participate or not. And since it is a choice nobody need grip about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom