twebber55

600x-1.jpg

this one too

180º

The article has something very curious to say about Flight of Passage:

"The ride would begin, as Sully’s did, with a jump off a mountain, not just to let visitors imitate his flight—though the excursion would take place in front of a movie screen—but to hide the extensive machinery that would be required."

@rioriz, care to explain?

*Edited for emphasis. I'm trying to figure out how the simulated jumping off a mountain works with a physical maneuver that does something to hide equipment. And what kind of extensive machinery does it hide from us?

Last edited:
A problem... Look in the centre portion of the left side. You will see a line streaking, that is a shooting star or similar. The problem with this is that this basically gives away that this is a long-exposure shot. In other words, it has basically been photoshopped by the camera itself. Shots like this make things at night look much more amazing. It's an old advertising trick. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I just wanted to put in my thoughts. Don't get your hopes up, but appreciate a "kind of looks like this" view at night. I put a simulated "digital" camera look (I'm not an expert!) for most point and shoots. Am I right on this, because that's what it looks like. I wish Pandora would look like this, but I don't know. I mean, you never see the stars like that unless you are away from civilisation. Is Pandora far enough to see the stars at night?
simulation_pdra.png

gorillaball

Another interesting quote from that article... Hopefully just a quote where we don't fully get the context. I would hope they've been running the ride for a while.

As Rohde wraps up the tour of Pandora, weeks before its scheduled opening, the attraction is still taking form. The banshee ride isn’t running yet.

Rteetz

Another interesting quote from that article... Hopefully just a quote where we don't fully get the context. I would hope they've been running the ride for a while.

As Rohde wraps up the tour of Pandora, weeks before its scheduled opening, the attraction is still taking form. The banshee ride isn’t running yet.
I have heard that they had at least two theaters running. This was a couple weeks ago though. Previews start soon, I would imagine all 4 should be running very soon if not already.

TalkingHead

I'm withholding judgment until I see it next month, but those night shots, especially ones at the ground level, look incredibly underwhelming to me.

Not sure the "Avatar at night is a separate attraction" argument is going to hold up.

Daveeeeed

The fact that Pandora looks so different at day and night. The way the mountains fly over you while your horizon is filled with a stunning view. By day focusing on the warm colors and the green found in a lush forest; by night contrasting bright and dark with purple and blue. Animal Kingdom has truly met its match, and finally a land in need of being experienced not once, but twice a day at AK. Unbelievable how real it looks.

IMG_19042017_220013_0.png

I especially think the area I highlighted in blue looks almost majestic. Even in a photo, it looks like very well done forced perspective.

Hands down (without even going to the land or even seeing the rides) it looks like an absolutely perfect fit for Animal Kingdom. I also think Avatar is different than most IPs as it #1 actually fits the narrative of the park to a point, but #2... feels more like it has been crafted for the park while taking good ideas from the film. I also think it would be very difficult to top James Cameron in a creative partnership. While I don't think the land will be as good as Mysterious Island over at Tokyo, I think that the use of an IP is remarkably similar as it takes the best elements and crafts it into a new experience -- the way IPs attractions/lands should be done.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom