Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

mickEblu

How does what I'm saying not make sense?

Temple of the Forbidden Eye is an attraction I love very much. A shell of it exists in Florida (DINOSAUR), but does not satisfy my thirst so when I go to Disneyland I am most excited to experience The Indiana Jones Ride.

You now have a shell of the Tower of Terror (which was a just a version of the Orlando experience anyway). If it does not satisfy your thirst, you can always fly to Orlando to get the full Twilight Zone experience.

I am sorry they took away your version of Tower of Terror, but the Disney parks becoming less homogeneous is always a good idea in my book.

It doesn't make sense because of what I said in my first post. I'm assuming you live in Orlando? If Indiana Jones (the ride) existed at WDW for 13 years and you were accustomed to riding it whenever you wanted and THEN they rethemed it, (forcing you to fly to LA and spend thousands of dollars) your analogy would make sense. BUT Indy has never existed at WDW and nothing was taken away. That's like me going to Animal Kingdom, riding Expedition Everest and being upset that we "only" have the Matterhorn when I get back to Anaheim.

Suspirian

I'm a little worried about that Summer of Heros commercial. Notice the boiler room hasn't changed very much. It looks like there is a few boxes added and some round thing on the ceiling. So the boiler room really doesn't change except maybe lighting.

There was an article that said the boiler room was remaining with few to little changes so I'm not surprised.

Phroobar

I can imagine being in the elevator shaft with night club lights flashing and 2 Unlimited's Twilight Zone playing. It would totally fit with the Guardians.

The Mur

Just out of curiousity ...

Those who love the change, and you can love it, no one's actually telling you it's wrong to love it and if they are they shouldn't be because we all have opinions ... but why be rude and dismissive and "call out" the perceived "negative nellies" ... it's funny how so called more positive posters are the ones who seem to get up in arms over someone expressing a simple opinion ... just curious and something I've noticed. Wouldn't life be easier if we all just posted our opinion and had a discussion ... it's not nearly as bad as the general news and rumors forum at times, but it is something I've noticed ...

It goes both ways. When people express that they like something Disney does many people are dismissive of them, say they are just fanboys; accept everything Disney does and that they are true Disney fans if they accept such trash. It is the way of Disney boards.

Curious Constance

From MiceChat update:

"Over at Tower (Sorry Disney, Tower is easier to write and say), most of the exterior of the building is now complete with the erection of some new railings along the upper portions of the structure. But on these new rails is a repeating pattern that some think is a bit . . . ahem . . . ‘phallic’ in design. The ball and arrow pattern might be a little bit of a reference to Imagineering’s hesitation on this project . . . sticking it high in the air, in duplicate, to be seen across the resort."

upload_2017-4-18_12-0-21.png

Please point to what they're rambling on about now??????

dweezil78

From MiceChat update:

"Over at Tower (Sorry Disney, Tower is easier to write and say), most of the exterior of the building is now complete with the erection of some new railings along the upper portions of the structure. But on these new rails is a repeating pattern that some think is a bit . . . ahem . . . ‘phallic’ in design. The ball and arrow pattern might be a little bit of a reference to Imagineering’s hesitation on this project . . . sticking it high in the air, in duplicate, to be seen across the resort."

View attachment 200091

I stared at the picture for a long time and all I saw was a schooner.

Seriously, it's not the prettiest design by a long shot...but that's hardly a phallic symbol. It's an up arrow and a circle. Someone is stretching pretty far here.

If you want to get serious about phallic symbols though...
moonrocket_1959.jpg

mickEblu

I stared at the picture for a long time and all I saw was a schooner.

Seriously, it's not the prettiest design by a long shot...but that's hardly a phallic symbol. It's an up arrow and a circle. Someone is stretching pretty far here.

If you want to get serious about phallic symbols though...
moonrocket_1959.jpg

They even threw in the beans to go with that Frank.

Kiwiduck

From MiceChat update:

View attachment 200091

Ridiculous right? Sometimes a ball and arrow symbol is just a ball and arrow symbol. Talk about projecting!

Figments Friend

When I saw that article earlier, I had to scratch my head.

Why would the writer even bring the...ahem...topic up to begin with...?
Something on their mind perhaps?

Does this person actually think it is meant to represent Imagineer's wanting to 'stick it to Bob'...?

Perhaps it's just for a laugh, but the article seemed rather....odd....to me.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom