Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
The don't have to go through Mama's for a connector. The road is going away and being replaced by parking lot. (A different road for the entrance is in the works.) They could take over some of the parking lot for a connector.

Given the dearth of sit-down eating spaces at DHS, I highly doubt they'd go through MM's. And the Escape Ride is already on top of MV3D, that even if they wanted a connector, there ain't much room for one now.

View attachment 187951
Make total sense now Thank You and Love the Map!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And when the park has thousands of extra visitors each day precisely for SWL and the line for Star Tours is at an hour wait each day... would they really shut it down just to put in a different IP?

That other IP is going to have to be as big as SW for that to happen, or, they need to clear way for a new Land.

I know that Star Tours is supposed to be repurposed, but, I keep saying my money is on Disney inertia. There are plenty of attractions listed on a white board* somewhere slated* to go. And they've been there for years.

*Pardon the mixed metaphor.

Martin has indicated that Star Tours would not go away immediately, it may remain for a couple years after SWL opens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@MisterPenguin from the map you shared with the ride placement, which building was Mamma Melrose? I know it sits back in that courtyard, I just can't remember what those white buildings are... Reason I bring this up is that would open a lot of space for something or a connector
No connector. As you edit MuppetVision and dispose of your glasses, immiediatly to the right will be large gates blocking access to the new backstage area and park circulation road.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wait, so Star Tours might be going away altogether?!?!? .

And when the park has thousands of extra visitors each day precisely for SWL and the line for Star Tours is at an hour wait each day... would they really shut it down just to put in a different IP?

Sadly that is currently the eventual plan for the rides theme. Though I'd say it has four of five years at least.

Donaldfan1934

The question is, will the Falcon ride make Star Tours superfluous?
I hope not. as great as I want that attraction to be, I can't see it providing an all encompassing POV of the Star Wars Universe, just Han and Chewie's. There was a reason they redid the ride instead of getting rid of it all together. It's too beloved to write off into history completely. Considering that the current version opened in 2011 and assuming the land will open sometime before or around 2021, it's likely the ride will not reach a full 10 years of operation and would barely make it past that mark if it somehow does. The last thing the park needs is to lose it's small handful of defining attractions as it gains the others.

Fox&Hound

It is unfortunate that a ride is not coming to the courtyard. A small flat ride would really do well- something for all ages. Would Mama Melrose really be needed once the Cantina and quick service in TSL come on board?

PizzaPlanet

It is very true that the Courtyard will get love. I was told of a proposal for a muppet flat, but last I heard it was rejected (but plans change), although it is something that could be effective. The sight line issue was never planned to be addressed through the proposed ride though. Expect a modest overhaul of the façade of MuppetVision, as has been stated before.
What was the proposal? The only way I see them squeezing in a flat ride is by demolishing the gift shop.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I hope not. as great as I want that attraction to be, I can't see it providing an all encompassing POV of the Star Wars Universe, just Han and Chewie's. There was a reason they redid the ride instead of getting rid of it all together. It's too beloved to write off into history completely. Considering that the current version opened in 2011 and assuming the land will open sometime before or around 2021, it's likely the ride will not reach a full 10 years of operation and would barely make it past that mark if it somehow does. The last thing the park needs is to lose it's small handful of defining attractions as it gains the others.

I don't think management really cares about how beloved a ride is. It makes sense that they re-did it, because it was the only Star Wars attraction in the parks.

Nickels5

If anything, I hope Muppets 3D gets a re fresher. It was a bit dated when we saw it this past December with a mostly empty theatre.
Yea that's how it was in September as well, I believe that has to do with two things, less people are going to DHS and theres nothing drawing crowds back there. That's why I feel like a ride in that section of the park would do wonders for that area. I also believe that will change once Star Wars land opens up.

Donaldfan1934

Sadly that is currently the eventual plan for the rides theme. Though I'd say it has four of five years at least.
Wow, that's depressing to hear. It seems especially odd since they're finally about to open the new version in DLP. Granted, that resort doesn't have a SWL coming down the pike, but the ride is still one of the all-time classics and a link to where Disney and Lucasfilm's relationship began back in the '80's. In the end, think it's a very poor and careless decision on Disney's part not to have an attraction as significant as Star Tours sit alongside the new attractions in a place where it wouldn't be more at home. By the way, do you have any info on what will replace eventually Star Tours ? Obviously, it legally can't be the Iron Man experience, but I assume that it'll be a clone of some kind.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wow, that's depressing to hear. It seems especially odd since they're finally about to open the new version in DLP. Granted, that resort doesn't have an SWL coming down the pike, but the ride is still one of the all-time classics and a link to where Disney and Lucasfilm's relationship began back in the '80's. In the end, think it's a very poor and careless decision on Disney's part not to have an attraction as significant as Star Tours sit alongside the new attractions in a place where it wouldn't be more at home. By the way, do you have any info on what will eventually replace Star Tours eventually? Obviously, it legally can't be the Iron Man experience, but I assume that it'll be a clone of some kind.
Don't get me wrong. It'll still be updated and support the new episodes. But it does seem to have a finite lifespan now.

A replacement IP hasn't been decided from what I know. Which of course isn't remotely everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom