Additional Disney FASTPASS Locations and New Disney MaxPass Coming to Disneyland Resort

BrianLo

what if you are not a solo person? must every person pay 10 usd to be able to get digital fast passes? how will they synch that both have the same time.

for now i just see longer stand by lines and fast passes running out quicker if you don't pay. hm.

Unless I'm completely misinterpreting the proposal, there is no advantage towards the digital system. The only thing it changes is not having to traverse the park to a fast pass kiosk. The current paper based experience should not significantly be altered for people who don't pay. The digital system does not allow one to break the current rules in any meaningful way. It makes it easier to ensure you get a new fast pass immediately upon opening of your window.

Currently I generally do that anyways, having to not constantly back track through the park to time FP retrieval, for me, would be worth 10$. I'm still confused how it works with a group though. 10$ per members of a party seems obscene. But again if you have a huge party you can save money by having someone criss cross the park and not in any way be disadvantaged apart from inconvenience. Inconvience that everyone seems to be used to already. If anything FP physical kiosks will have significantly fewer people jostling for use.

Phroobar

They never approved my comment. It was a lot nicer than some of the ones they have posted. The fanboy opinion does not out weight profit. If no one buys it, it will disappear. That is pretty unlikely. They will force the issue by removing the paper ones first.

BrianLo

Why not just drop the Photopass and bump up park admissions by $10 instead and make the service available to all?

If I was betting I think this will become free eventually. The only explanation with the introductory pricing is they don't want every guest using it until the kinks are worked out. Once it's running properly and can support thousands of guests accessing it simultaneously, it saves the park money by removing legacy kiosks and CM's manning them. Digital is far easier to maintain... once it works that is.

dweezil78

Why not just drop the Photopass and bump up park admissions by $10 instead and make the service available to all?

Because they're already planning on bumping up admissions by $10 with no added value!

627.gif

drizgirl

If I was betting I think this will become free eventually. The only explanation with the introductory pricing is they don't want every guest using it until the kinks are worked out. Once it's running properly and can support thousands of guests accessing it simultaneously, it saves the park money by removing legacy kiosks and CM's manning them. Digital is far easier to maintain... once it works that is.

I think it would be quite remarkable if this became "free" for all. My guess is that they want to remove the cost of maintaining kiosks AND keep the extra revenue this generates.

drizgirl

Unless I'm completely misinterpreting the proposal, there is no advantage towards the digital system. The only thing it changes is not having to traverse the park to a fast pass kiosk. The current paper based experience should not significantly be altered for people who don't pay. The digital system does not allow one to break the current rules in any meaningful way. It makes it easier to ensure you get a new fast pass immediately upon opening of your window.

Currently I generally do that anyways, having to not constantly back track through the park to time FP retrieval, for me, would be worth 10$. I'm still confused how it works with a group though. 10$ per members of a party seems obscene. But again if you have a huge party you can save money by having someone criss cross the park and not in any way be disadvantaged apart from inconvenience. Inconvience that everyone seems to be used to already. If anything FP physical kiosks will have significantly fewer people jostling for use.

And if you don't have to traverse the park, you are more likely to use it. And keep using it. If the FP is at your fingertips, you'll grab another while you're on the way out of the attraction you just used your last FP on. They will disappear MUCH faster with the digital system. Even the addition of 2 attractions to the FP pool won't outweigh it.

And it is indeed $10 per person, confirmed in the blog. It's tied to the ticket.

mickEblu

Of course there's value. It's not hard to find $10 worth of value. But if you're a family of 6, it's hard to know whether you'll find $60 of value. Per day.

I don't know. If I'm spending those outrageous prices for 1 day park hoppers ($900 for a family of 6), I'm pretty sure I would spend another $60 for that perk to make the most out of my $900. Of course, the decent thing to do would be for Disney to offer this service for free.

dweezil78

Lol... but seriously, you don't see any value in being able to get a Splash Mountain fast pass while you re in line for California Screamin?

Well I do see some value of course, but my point was moreso that they will no doubt still raise the ticket prices on top of asking for the $10 FP fee. :)

I've also used FP+ in WDW enough to know that it's a far superior system and is offered without an additional cost to guests, so it's kind of hard to swallow the fee they're asking out here. I would pay $10 for a day of photos though, so I guess there's that.

Also, I'm hoping that with the digital FP it allows guests to cancel/swap their FPs which in turn would ideally open up other FPs at the machines that would have otherwise just gone unused.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
$10 for what they are offering seems reasonable, especially since they include photos. However, as others have mentioned, it is noted as an introductory price. If It goes much higher, I would probably change my opinion of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom