Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

PUSH

Don't forget, Ken has the legacy advantage, and once Jay is gone, is by far the most dominant physical threat out there.

Another teary episode for me. Between this and Moana last night, my sinuses are killing me!
I just don't think Ken has anything to really hang his hat on besides the challenges. Even with a legacy advantage, I would be reluctant to cast my vote for him in the end.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Will's vote was not surprising if you know how to read the edit. Sunday was a surprise, and I think a mistake by Hannah. Hannah's not going to win against many people. Sunday is one she CAN beat. You need to keep her in there. She's looking like the new goat to take to the end, which might be what she wants.

Will was becoming too arrogant. He let his one move, which was mitigated by the idol play, go to his head and decided he got to run everything. He doesn't have the ability to read people or socialize that you need in this game.

Adam and Jay have a very unique bond. They have this strong emotional connection, but they have been opposing each other the entire game. How Adam can flat out tell Jay he's trying to screw him over and Jay thinks higher of Adam than he ever has - that's amazing. The recent Adam we've seen has been the genuine Adam that connects with people on an emotional level. The stuff we saw in the early merge episodes was pure strategy. He definitely has a huge chance of winning this game, and nobody seems to realize it. Adam keeping David in here I think could be a smart move. David is still the obvious target, and he's not going to win enough challenges where you may not have another opportunity to get him out. Plus, he got Jay's idol out. This was a win-win for Adam, whose stock has been rising since Taylor's boot episode.

The next obvious target is Jay. He has a legitimate chance to win out. If he does, it's going to be hard to beat him in the end. He has the friends, the story and the resume (although I hate using the term "resume" in this game because it's so overused these days - along with the term "big moves").

David really hasn't done anything over the past few votes. He's sat in the background, which I think is a great move on his part. He still takes heat, deservedly so, but he hasn't become the 100% clear cut target that he would have become if he continued to dictate every vote.

Ken, Bret and Hannah have a very slim chance of winning. Bret's chances have all but evaporated since Sunday got voted out. The only control Bret had on the game was his partner in crime, and now that she's on the jury, he becomes a goat. Hannah I've already discussed a little bit. Ken has the immunity necklaces to show, but there is nothing much more he can claim.

Next week is the finale already! It's been a pretty good season. The pre-merge was pretty slow, as the boots were obvious almost every time, but once we got past Taylor, this game really picked up its pace. A very strong post-merge. And while next week will decide how this season rates, it looks to go down as one of the better seasons in the past few years. Definitely not on the elite level of Cambodia or Cagayan, but I'd say it so far ranks in 3rd place if we're talking Caramoan and onward.

My updated power rankings...

1. Hannah - I think she'll end up the goat. She has some strong connections, but she the credit goes to her allies for all the moves that have been pulled off.
2. Bret - I don't think he'll necessarily get to the end, but I don't think he's the next vote.
3. Ken - He hasn't been playing since pre-merge, which everyone has forgotten about by now. He's a loyal asset to take the the end, while feeling confident about your chances against him.
4. Adam - Like I said, he isn't the target. He's the 3rd target at best. And depending on how he plays the rest of the way, he could make it seem as if Ken, Bret or Hannah are bigger targets. He's really become a strong player.
5. David - He's needed to cool off lately to hide behind Jay and push himself out of the line of fire, but he's still a big threat to win. And if Jay wins immunity - he's the next target.
6. Jay - Barring an immunity win, he has to be the next to go. It'd be stupid to keep him in the game.

My updated list of most likely to win, should they get to the end...

1. Jay
2. Adam
3. David
4. Hannah
5. Ken
6. Bret

As you can tell, I've really been impressed with Adam over the past few weeks. He's put himself in a great spot. I would cast my vote for Adam over David at this point. Jay would be the only other person I'd consider over him. Adam was my male winner pick (let's not talk about my female winner pick) at the beginning of the season, and especially after this episode I feel he's going to win... which probably means he'll be voted out next.

Excited to see how it plays out!
I completely agree with this. Adam has made emotional connections with many of the people left. Should Jay be voted out, which Adam may have a role in it, it seems as if he'll be playing a more behind the scenes role which should leave him in good graces with Jay. Then, I can see Jay campaigning his buddies (Taylor and Michelle) to vote for him (even though I could see neither of them actually doing that).

That small bit where Adam tells Jay about his mom is yet another example of him building trust (after the reward and Adam handing over the advantage) with Jay.

And then, Adam is obviously in good graces with Ken, Hannah and David (and possibly Bret if he's not too angry about Sunday. The simple fact that he's almost using shields (even if he doesn't quite realize/express it). If David and Jay both go home, he'd probably be the next to go. But by that time, it'll be final four and all Adam would need to do is either win the final immunity challenge or try and manipulate people (who he's already in good graces with) to bring him to the finals.

PUSH

I completely agree with this. Adam has made emotional connections with many of the people left. Should Jay be voted out, which Adam may have a role in it, it seems as if he'll be playing a more behind the scenes role which should leave him in good graces with Jay. Then, I can see Jay campaigning his buddies (Taylor and Michelle) to vote for him (even though I could see neither of them actually doing that).

That small bit where Adam tells Jay about his mom is yet another example of him building trust (after the reward and Adam handing over the advantage) with Jay.

And then, Adam is obviously in good graces with Ken, Hannah and David (and possibly Bret if he's not too angry about Sunday. The simple fact that he's almost using shields (even if he doesn't quite realize/express it). If David and Jay both go home, he'd probably be the next to go. But by that time, it'll be final four and all Adam would need to do is either win the final immunity challenge or try and manipulate people (who he's already in good graces with) to bring him to the finals.
And I don't think any of his emotional bonds have come based on strategy. Giving his advantage to Jay and telling him about his mom may have had some strategy behind them, but I really believe it was out of his heart that he did those things. He really is a good guy.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I agree that Adam is the smart money to win, but I am still Team Ken. He's won enough challenges to make him a worthy winner, and gosh darn it, he's just so pretty.
I never go with the pretty vote (heck, I wanted Rudy to win Season One), please let me have the pretty vote just this once.

PUSH

I agree that Adam is the smart money to win, but I am still Team Ken. He's won enough challenges to make him a worthy winner, and gosh darn it, he's just so pretty.
I never go with the pretty vote (heck, I wanted Rudy to win Season One), please let me have the pretty vote just this once.
You didn't have a crush on Rudy?

NYwdwfan

You know my type. (But yeah, maybe a little. :hilarious:)

My other two Survivor crushes have been Penner and Tom Westman. None of them had the Ken-appeal though.
Mine is JT. :inlove:

So how on earth is next week the 2 hour finale and there are still 6 left? Why are they forcing it to such a quick end?

PUSH

Mine is JT. :inlove:

So how on earth is next week the 2 hour finale and there are still 6 left? Why are they forcing it to such a quick end?
There were 6 left in the Cambodia finale. Jeremy, Spencer, Tasha, Kelley, Keith and Kimmi. And that was one of the most exciting finales ever. Mainly because of the whole no vote thing, but still.

PUSH

Jay had the 4th idol play of the season. It's the 3rd time an idol has been played when it has had zero effect on the outcome of the vote. And it's also the first time an idol has been played for the person with the idol. David played for Jessica, David played for Ken, Adam played for Hannah, and now Jay played it for himself.

DinoInstitute

Jay had the 4th idol play of the season. It's the 3rd time an idol has been played when it has had zero effect on the outcome of the vote. And it's also the first time an idol has been played for the person with the idol. David played for Jessica, David played for Ken, Adam played for Hannah, and now Jay played it for himself.
Interesting stats, this season has really been quite unconventional post merge :p

Though I guess it can be argued that Davids idol play for Ken had an effect, as he ended up not in the pool to pick rocks.

PUSH

Me too! I googled the cast. I'm pleased.
I know the cast aside from the players from this season. I'm holding off on looking for them because I don't want potential spoilers for this season. But I am pleased with some, and some I think are past their time.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I know the cast aside from the players from this season. I'm holding off on looking for them because I don't want potential spoilers for this season. But I am pleased with some, and some I think are past their time.
I know. I know.

NYwdwfan

I know the ones from this season if you want to ask anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom