Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

flynnibus

Premium Member
The only thing that has changed in the last 20 years is all of the ECV. We have always shared buses, it was always crowded during busy times.

How to change the buses? That is a different thread if you want to dig it up. And if you think the buses are just fine... that's you. There is a good reason taxis, uber, and other forms of alt transit have grown in popularity.

The bus routes have changed... its documented on this very site. Sharing of routes (especially deluxe) was not standard before. Crowd levels have changed. Industry standards on bus tracking and availability have changed. At the start, Disney didn't build with ONLY bus transit... now they do. So, yes... all those things have changed.

jaklgreen

We pay a lot for tickets and for staying at Disney Resort. The prices are upper than years ago. I think paying for transportation is unfair. Disney must consider that they are losing people on the grounds that there are more theme parks. They should take care of their costumers.

You pay a crap ton to stay in NYC and they are getting all of our tourist money, should the city provide free transportation? I know it has been one of Disney's "perks", but they do that, not for our benefit, but so they hope you do not rent a car and leave the property. The hotel prices would be the same regardless if they offered bus service or not.

cslafferty

DH, sister, and I are going Dec 11-17, and have Park Hopper passes. I considered this for a few second, and then shot it down. 1) When we park hop, we usually go back to our resort first for a swim or a nap, before going to the second park, so that wouldn't work. 2) When we hop, its in the middle of the day - a time when buses aren't crowded, wait times are short, and security lines move quickly. 3) We aren't going during a busy time. 4) I don't want to enter from backstage. I like coming in from the entrance and getting all of the intended "show."
Many people commented that they hated the long waits for buses "especially after fireworks" or "going back to the resort after a long day," but the express transportation wouldn't fix any of that. So, I just don't see the sense in this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You're missing an entire weekend in your logic.. or research. Or whatever you want to call it. Black Friday and the following weekend were anything but "low crowds" nor were they predicted to be. I also don't know if you understand how discounts work.. not all resorts are available and not all Room types are available.. or sell out fast.

Google is great.. but you may want to ask people who were actually in WDW on thanksgiving weekend and beyond how the availability was at any resort. I am now in a bunk bed room (which I don't need) at WL for the final 3 nights of my trip, because it was the only Deluxe left that wasn't a 1 or 2 bedroom suite for these dates.

Maybe your link didn't tell you about actual availability..

I referred you to the price chart... argue all you want but it's simple black and white. It's 'fall' pricing. Pass holder availability is something entirely different. Weekends are always busier... duh.

There is more to crowd levels than what rooms you could book...

And for the trackers...
IMG_0176.jpg
IMG_0177.jpg

Yup.... still not peak season!

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

Can't say I disagree. A $12.99 fee per person would equate to a lot of money and still be cheaper and more convenient than any other option.
Exactly. Don't even need to make it 12.99.. 5 bucks a person will make them huge amounts. This is one of the areas I'm really surprised they haven't started charging for. It's easier money then anything really then they are throwing out there now. Sure it's not 600 buck tents or 80 dollar hard ticket events but it would be a constant stream of cash and never relying on selling out anything. My grandmom always said, " Big pigs get eaten, little pigs get fed". Constant flow of small money most times outweighs the bigger stuff.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
The grasping at straws in this thread to defend Disney's below par bus transport and the resulting up charge "Express" service is entertaining. I don't know what I think is crazier; the "Disney is a business and can do no wrong" mentality, or the fact that I wouldn't get up just now to get the remote to change the channel but did to grab a beer. In my defense, this beer is delicious.

jaklgreen

But only some go through the metal detector... and even if you did, that's a delay of what... 60-90 seconds?

There are not lines to get in the parks when you typically park hop. Heck, I've done three parks in one afternoon relying only on my feet and Disney transport. Skipping security was the least of my concerns... more like how far back the American adventure is from the gate :)

I was there a few weeks ago and everyone was going through the metal detector at all of the parks. And, yeah, it would take me less then 10 seconds if I was the only one going through. But there was always people who acted like they have never seen a metal detector. And there were families with little kids with strollers that didn't know what to do, etc. It's a cluster you know what .

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
This is one of the areas I'm really surprised they haven't started charging for

The one I'm surprised about is the resort fee. Not that I want it mind you, but Disney could easily justify $20-$25 a night for Wifi, Transportation, Amenities, and a couple of bottles of water. Considering the Dolphin, Swan and half of the Park Plaza hotels are getting it.

jaklgreen

How to change the buses? That is a different thread if you want to dig it up. And if you think the buses are just fine... that's you. There is a good reason taxis, uber, and other forms of alt transit have grown in popularity.

The bus routes have changed... its documented on this very site. Sharing of routes (especially deluxe) was not standard before. Crowd levels have changed. Industry standards on bus tracking and availability have changed. At the start, Disney didn't build with ONLY bus transit... now they do. So, yes... all those things have changed.

I don't know how far back you are going but hubby and I went right after we were married in 1995 and stayed at the Contemporary. It shared with the Poly and the Grand Floridian. We stayed there a few times and we always shared a bus. When we stayed at Beach Club, it shared a bus. And I would argue that the reason why people are using taxis and uber is not because they have insufficient bus service but because people just do not want to wait anymore. Its a new society, more go go go, me me me. The buses are the same.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
The one I'm surprised about is the resort fee. Not that I want it mind you, but Disney could easily justify $20-$25 a night for Wifi, Transportation, Amenities, and a couple of bottles of water. Considering the Dolphin, Swan and half of the Park Plaza hotels are getting it.
Would you be ok with and/or defend a resort fee too?

21stamps

I referred you to the price chart... argue all you want but it's simple black and white. It's 'fall' pricing. Pass holder availability is something entirely different. Weekends are always busier... duh.

There is more to crowd levels than what rooms you could book...

And for the trackers...
View attachment 177663 View attachment 177664

Yup.... still not peak season!

You don't get it. Well, maybe you do and if so then you should write your own Unofficial Guide, start your own website, and put Touring Plans out of business.

I can tell you from personal experience, not what I can find on my keyboard, that in the past 9 nights that I have been at WDW there has been high crowds and semi reasonable crowds. There has not been "low crowds". I did follow the TP crowd calendars for the most part though.. so unless everyone else did the same, then I don't know where this "slow time" is. We even waited 35 minutes for mini golf today. WS was PACKED Thursday night, but I think Future World was not very busy. So does that mean Epcot was dead?

I don't understand why people try to look up things online and then form an entire experience from it. Googling a few numbers on a website doesn't paint the whole picture.
The funny thing is though.. some people here completely discount all actual personal experiences at WDW .. with busses, crowds, customer service, food, etc etc etc...but keep relying on what they can type in a search engine... or only count the personal experiences that are loaded with negativity. Kinda odd, but oh well.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Don't want a resort fee. But try staying on the strip in Vegas and avoiding one. I'm not advocating for it, but I'd get it - if they ever imposed it.
At the very least, you're consistent. And I've stayed on the Strip in Vegas many times and I have never paid a resort fee. I guess that means the resort amenities are free...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
At the very least, you're consistent. And I've stayed on the Strip in Vegas many times and I have never paid a resort fee. I guess that means the resort amenities are free...

From the Wynn: "Resort fee Wynn Las Vegas has a $35.00(fee applies to all rooms except the Tower Suites, Parlor Suites and Salon Suites) per room, per night resort fee. This fee is not included in your reservation and will be collected by the hotel. The resort fee includes: In-room internet access"

If you're staying in the rooms that waive the resort fee - more power to ya.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Ok then you are paying for transportation and allowed to use it as a part of that ticket.

For the amount of times I go to Disney each year - my pass basically equates to about $18 per day. You want to say that is for admission, parking, transportation, or ambience.....it's still a bargain. I equate it to park admission. So I look at parking, transportation, etc. as basically a benefit.

drizgirl

For the amount of times I go to Disney each year - my pass basically equates to about $18 per day. You want to say that is for admission, parking, transportation, or ambience.....it's still a bargain. I equate it to park admission. So I look at parking, transportation, etc. as basically a benefit.

And if I pay $115 for the day's admission?

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Ok then you are paying for transportation and allowed to use it as a part of that ticket.
No, the transportation is free. Mickey pays for it out of his cut of the loot. Try to keep up :joyfull:

From the Wynn: "Resort fee Wynn Las Vegas has a $35.00(fee applies to all rooms except the Tower Suites, Parlor Suites and Salon Suites) per room, per night resort fee. This fee is not included in your reservation and will be collected by the hotel. The resort fee includes: In-room internet access"

If you're staying in the rooms that waive the resort fee - more power to ya.
Going by your definition, my rooms were "free." By my definition, they were paid for via time/money spent gaming.

TrojanUSC

The griping about this is crazy. Disney obviously did a study and found out X number of guests were utilizing Uber on property. They want a piece of that pie. Resort to park transportation isn't workable for any cheaper or quicker than Uber can provide such a service. What can they offer, around the same price point, that would make guests choose Disney's service instead? Expedited park to park transportation. It's a simple solution that brings some of those dollars back to Disney's pocket.

People also have to understand times have changed. Uber and Lyft have revolutionized the transportation industry. No longer must you stand in the rain or wait in a line to hail a cab, simply order a vehicle and a car is there within minutes. Disney has to keep up with the times, too.

For the record, Disney has been offering this for YEARS for people who want to pay hundreds of dollars an hour for a VIP guide, where they will shuttle you from park to park, unlimited Fastpass access and premium viewing for shows/parades. Why is nobody complaining about this if people are so indiginant about Disney tapping into consumer's desires?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom