Halloween Horror Nights 26

mergatroid

Love American Horror Story, really looking forward to this house. I imagine that Freak Show elements will be represented the most as it's probably easier to duplicate a cheap carnival than it is a hotel or house. I am hoping the Murder House includes the maid (nice version) but we'll probably see the pvc guy more jumping out at you. It will be interesting to see where they go with this and it certainly has a lot of potential, if it's done well I can see this becoming my favourite house this year :cool:

mergatroid

This works in your favor if you get there early. Other than Sunday, the crowds rarely start to build until about 8:30--a ton of nightly guests wait to save that $13 on parking before showing up.

We've got frequent fear passes so may give this a try then, thanks.

JT3000

Original Poster
Pro tip: Be there at (or before) opening and get to American Horror Story ASAP. Those lines are going to be bonkers.

I attended last night but didn't get to see everything, so I'm holding off on making any broad judgments just yet.

The_Jobu

I've never been to an HHN, but the house walkthroughs online make it look like a lot of fun.

Anyone gone this year, have any favourites?

mergatroid

I've never been to an HHN, but the house walkthroughs online make it look like a lot of fun.

Anyone gone this year, have any favourites?

Been 3 times so far this year (may go a final time tonight) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only house not done is American Horror Story as even though we were the first in the park each time around 6pm, the stay and scream crowd were queuing and the wait was 75 minutes even then!!!

It's all subjective but if I had to rate the houses in the order I enjoyed them the most, it would be

#1 Ghost Town - not that scary but great scenery and just really good old fashioned fun
#2 Texas Chainsaw Massacre - iconic looking and leatherface looked very good
#3 Krampus - again not the scariest but great detail, quite large and great fun
#4 The Exorcist - quite simple yet what was done was done very well
#5 Tomb of the Ancients - better than expected, nice scenes and some good scares
#6 The Walking Dead - the scenery was better than recent years though we've seen much of it before
#7 Halloween - maybe we timed it wrong but not enough scares when we toured, one of the first in so maybe not all the actors were ready?
#8 Lunatics Playground - was very disappointed that the event icon's house was this poor. 2 hours after opening the crew outside were begging people to try it with just a 5 minute wait. Looked very cheaply done, no story as such.and very meh. The highlight was the last Chance's legs looked great in fishnets.
#9 American Horror Story - not tried so can't comment

The two shows were great, Bill & Ted excellent.

disney4life2008

Been 3 times so far this year (may go a final time tonight) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only house not done is American Horror Story as even though we were the first in the park each time around 6pm, the stay and scream crowd were queuing and the wait was 75 minutes even then!!!

It's all subjective but if I had to rate the houses in the order I enjoyed them the most, it would be

#1 Ghost Town - not that scary but great scenery and just really good old fashioned fun
#2 Texas Chainsaw Massacre - iconic looking and leatherface looked very good
#3 Krampus - again not the scariest but great detail, quite large and great fun
#4 The Exorcist - quite simple yet what was done was done very well
#5 Tomb of the Ancients - better than expected, nice scenes and some good scares
#6 The Walking Dead - the scenery was better than recent years though we've seen much of it before
#7 Halloween - maybe we timed it wrong but not enough scares when we toured, one of the first in so maybe not all the actors were ready?
#8 Lunatics Playground - was very disappointed that the event icon's house was this poor. 2 hours after opening the crew outside were begging people to try it with just a 5 minute wait. Looked very cheaply done, no story as such.and very meh. The highlight was the last Chance's legs looked great in fishnets.
#9 American Horror Story - not tried so can't comment

The two shows were great, Bill & Ted excellent.

Can you explain what happens in the houses? I am going alone. Is it more of a walk through and you look at stuff and people jump out at you. Or is it more to the houses.

Journey_On

Can you explain what happens in the houses? I am going alone. Is it more of a walk through and you look at stuff and people jump out at you. Or is it more to the houses.

It is a continuous walk through - there will be guests in front and behind you as you walk through. You will be walking through sets, and there will be scare-actors throughout the houses that will scare you. They are not allowed to touch the guests.

mergatroid

As said you walk through sets where actors jump out at you. There's lots of turns in the sets so you can't see what's around the corner to spoil the surprise. Expect darkness, loud noises, things blowing air at you and people being paid to surprise and scare you, it's a lot of fun!!!

There's also scare zones in the park which are parts outside inhabited by actors who roam around and interact and try to scare you. Whilst you see most of them aproach you they will try to surprise you. For instance they may walk towards you calmly looking at another guest and at the last moment lunge towards you and yell in your face. They may also hide behind an object so you don't see them and as you pass leap out and really shock you.

If any of the above isn't for you then you probably won't enjoy the event though it really is fun and worth trying. My wife and I are in our 40's and both really enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom