Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

brb1006

I know, right? No joke, one of the signs for one of the rides at the Looney Toons kids area was literally made from a super lo-res jpg they probably downloaded off of Google. It was all pixelly and cheaply printed. This was the official sign for the ride.

Us Disney/Universal fans are so spoiled and it's amazing the things we pick at when you take a few minutes to look at how other parks are operated!
I wonder what ride that was?

SuddenStorm

I know, right? No joke, one of the signs for one of the rides at the Looney Toons kids area was literally made from a super lo-res jpg they probably downloaded off of Google. It was all pixelly and cheaply printed. This was the official sign for the ride.

You can find stuff like this all over the park at SFMM. Disney believes in spending money to make money, Six Flags spends as little as possible to turn a profit that way. They have stepped up their game a tiny bit though, the newest area at SFMM that they did for Twisted Colossus was better executed than expected, and they just announced a "game ride" at SFMM, should be interesting to see the execution vs Disney's.

SuddenStorm

One other thing about Six Flags is that if you think Disney is bad about trying to get your money, Six Flags is much, much worse. :greedy:

I'm confused by this- admission to Six Flags is much much cheaper, and the food in many cases costs the same or less than Disney. Parking is about the same. Merchandise costs a bit less on average. Yes, Six Flags does have many overpriced items but pound for pound I'd say Disney is a bit worse about trying to get your money.

Californian Elitist

I'm confused by this- admission to Six Flags is much much cheaper, and the food in many cases costs the same or less than Disney. Parking is about the same. Merchandise costs a bit less on average. Yes, Six Flags does have many overpriced items but pound for pound I'd say Disney is a bit worse about trying to get your money.

I agree, though I don't think the person you quoted is from Southern California, and could actually possibly be speaking about a Six Flags park close to where they live and not Magic Mountain. @wdwbaw, Are you from/live in Southern California and were you referring to Magic Mountain in your post?

dweezil78

I agree, though I don't think the person you quoted is from Southern California, and could actually possibly be speaking about a Six Flags park close to where they live and not Magic Mountain. @wdwbaw, Are you from/live in Southern California and were you referring to Magic Mountain in your post?

Disney may be out to get more of your money (much more), but Six Flags is certainly a lot sleazier about it! That said, some of their coasters are pretty incredible. Finally had a chance to do Twisted Colossus and Tatsu last week, those are some really amazing rides!

Phroobar

Us Disney/Universal fans are so spoiled and it's amazing the things we pick at when you take a few minutes to look at how other parks are operated!
A Disney fan would never survive at a Six Flags park.

Pam Hates Penguins

A Disney fan would never survive at a Six Flags park.

When a Disney Parks fan goes to Six Flags...
Picture2.jpg

Californian Elitist

Disney may be out to get more of your money (much more), but Six Flags is certainly a lot sleazier about it! That said, some of their coasters are pretty incredible. Finally had a chance to do Twisted Colossus and Tatsu last week, those are some really amazing rides!

That I can agree with. Disney is VERY upfront about trying to get the public's hard-earned cash. LOL.

How was Twisted Colossus? It looks amazing!

Phroobar

At Six flags you get what you pay for. They run two coasters at a time but take up to eight minutes to unload, load and dispatch while Disney does this in about thirty seconds at Space mountain. Disney's threw put is higher. The lines at six flags are longer with less people in line but they do let you watch commercials and bugs bunny cartoons with no theming around you.

Pam Hates Penguins

At Six flags you get what you pay for. They run two coasters at a time but take up to eight minutes to unload, load and dispatch while Disney does this in about thirty seconds at Space mountain. Disney's threw put is higher. The lines at six flags are longer with less people in line but they do let you watch commercials and bugs bunny cartoons with no theming around you.

And one decent indoor ride.

brb1006

When a Disney Parks fan goes to Six Flags...
View attachment 164931
That would be me when ever I see any Looney Tunes character out at Six Flags. They don't look very animated compared to the characters you would meet at any Disney Parks (Including Disney Cruise Line)

Don't get me started with the shows featuring the characters. They all look so bored. At least the Looney Tunes characters at Warner Brothers Movie World are a bit more animated

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

That would be me when ever I see any Looney Tunes character out at Six Flags. They don't look very animated compared to the characters you would meet at any Disney Parks (Including Disney Cruise Line)

Don't get me started with the shows featuring the characters. They all look so bored. At least the Looney Tunes characters at Warner Brothers Movie World are a bit more animated

I can't believe how terrible that was.

TP2000

At least at that Six Flags they actually have a set to perform in front of. The version of this horrible show at Magic Mountain barely has a set or stage.

But it's really fantastic. The dated characters not seen on TV since the 1980's, the pointless remakes of old pop songs, the terrible pacing and dialogue, the stagehand standing in the doorway within sight of the audience, the bored kindergarteners losing interest three minutes in, etc.

Six Flags seems only to exist to show just how bad theme parks can be, aside from a handful of their flagship coasters.

Californian Elitist

I was referring to the Flash Pass costing money vs free FastPass/FP+ at Disney Parks, the carnival games that cost money that seem to be everywhere you turn in the park (yes, I know Disney does this as well, but at least they are at a minimum), the locker prices are higher than Disney, and the weather policy that when most of the rides shut down due to weather, but they do nothing to compensate the guest. At least at Disney only a few attractions close due to weather, not a majority of the park.

As for my location, I would prefer not to go into specifics on the internet, but I will say that I have not been to Magic Mountain. I was referring to the experiences that I have had with another Six Flags. Of course, Magic Mountain could be a completely different experience from what I have been through, and I could be pleasantly surprised. :)

The attractions at Six Flags are majority outdoor attractions, hence the reason for ride closures. It's all about safety. When I was a CM at Disneyland, we had some outdoor rides that couldn't operate in the rain.

In terms of compensation, Disney doesn't compensate guests for the weather either, and I feel they shouldn't have to, Six Flags included. They cannot control the weather. In saying this, I've personally witnessed USH (Universal Studios Hollywood) compensate guests for the rain. Everyone got free park entrance tickets to return another day. While they didn't need to do that, I admired them greatly for their generosity.

brb1006

At least at that Six Flags they actually have a set to perform in front of. The version of this horrible show at Magic Mountain barely has a set or stage.

But it's really fantastic. The dated characters not seen on TV since the 1980's, the pointless remakes of old pop songs, the terrible pacing and dialogue, the stagehand standing in the doorway within sight of the audience, the bored kindergarteners losing interest three minutes in, etc.

Six Flags seems only to exist to show just how bad theme parks can be, aside from a handful of their flagship coasters.
At least the Kids Club show at Magic Mountain is a bit better.

Californian Elitist

I understand it is due to safety, but when a majority of the park is closed, I just feel like the park should do something. Even a free souvenir or snack would be appreciated. The difference at Disney is that at least the amount of rides closed is kept at a minimum, and there is still plenty to do indoors.

Can't a guest just go to the park on a day when it's not raining? I feel like one would be looking for handouts simply because it's raining and the rides are closed.

I also feel it's not fair to compare Six Flags to a Disney park in a situation like this. Six Flags parks are coaster parks. They're known for exactly that, roller coasters and thrills, and roller coasters are traditionally outside attractions. Disney uses a different formula.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom