Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl Sweatpants

GotG is out of place at Epcot. Its a shame we could potentially get TWO rides there.
What they need to do is make Horizons 2.0. A fresh take on the original ride that spans technological progress across the centuries of America. This leaves plenty of time for the "future" to catch up, since you'd be imagining ahead to at least 2076. GotG, if it belongs anywhere in the parks should land at DHS and take over RnRC.

goldenstate5

So here's a rumor from a person who is very popular here: Mr. Jim Hill!

Today Mr. Hill is stating that Imagination in Epcot will be torn down and rebuilt into an Inside Out attraction. In the MAGIC KINGDOM, Dreamfinder/Figment will be moving into their own attraction in Tomorrowland, this one based on the Marvel comic book series.

Alright guys, do your magic.

Get it? Because... well, y'know.

Edit: whoops wrong thread, sorry about that

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So here's a rumor from a person who is very popular here: Mr. Jim Hill!

Today Mr. Hill is stating that Imagination in Epcot will be torn down and rebuilt into an Inside Out attraction. In the MAGIC KINGDOM, Dreamfinder/Figment will be moving into their own attraction in Tomorrowland, this one based on the Marvel comic book series.

Alright guys, do your magic.

Get it? Because... well, y'know.

Edit: whoops wrong thread, sorry about that
If this is true, I could give a flip what Mr. Hill says, or thinks. This is NOT a good idea.

EPCOT needs to be restored to what it was, a celebration of humanity.

Pushing IPs around doesn't do that. It may give a short term bounce to attendance records, and keep the ride open till at least park close (which it hasn't done for a while), but it doesn't change the fact that the park itself is thematically broken. There is a story it is supposed to tell, and no one who runs it seems to get it, and those who promote it, likewise, seem to miss the point...they are stuck thinking it's one of the Busch Garden 90s ripoffs...when it is the original.

Siren

While, I don't expect Disney to continue paying out royalties to CBS for use of the Twilight Zone -- I expect them to come up with something much more appealing than this. Even the name is bad, IMO.

168fsxz.jpg

aotd3d.jpg

s5gxz4.jpg

Oh boy, this thing is just ugly. I don't care to see this in any park. Ever. But, especially not at Disney. There just has to be another decent IP or something. Like, Mickey's Haunted Hotel Adventure.

Or, maybe a Fantasmic themed ride where guests are thrown into aspects of Mickey's dream before the drop.

But right now, I'm glad Disney spared the Tower of Terror at DHS.

ETA: I totally love The Guardians of the Galaxy but I think the IP deserves better than this. I would like to see a brand new Guardians of the Galaxy family coaster and dark ride like 7DMT except longer and a bit more thrilling like BTMR. That would be so awesome!

Last edited:

Stripes

@marni1971 Excluding the GotG attraction, is there a high likelihood we'll get another E-ticket at Epcot by 2024? I understand if you can't say. Thanks in advance.
EDIT: Also, optimistically speaking, are we talking about a DHS-level revamp/investment or something considerably smaller.

Thank you for all you've shared already!:)

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

While, I don't expect Disney to continue paying out royalties to CBS for use of the Twilight Zone -- I expect them to come up with something much more appealing than this. Even the name is bad, IMO.

168fsxz.jpg

aotd3d.jpg

s5gxz4.jpg

Oh boy, this thing is just ugly. I don't care to see this in any park. Ever. But, especially not at Disney. There just has to be another decent IP or something. Like, Mickey's Haunted Hotel Adventure.

Or, maybe a Fantasmic themed ride where guests are thrown into aspects of Mickey's dream before the drop.

ETA: I totally love The Guardians of the Galaxy but I think the IP deserves better than this. I would like to see a brand new Guardians of the Galaxy family coaster and dark ride like 7DMT except longer and a bit more thrilling like BTMR. That would be so awesome!
I actually disagree, I think the structure isn't all that ugly/even looks kind of cool. The problem for me isn't the design, it's how it fits into the surrounding area- especially how it would on Sunset.

KikoKea

168fsxz.jpg

aotd3d.jpg

s5gxz4.jpg

I'm not crazy about that last picture with the dead? creatures encased in glass. Even if they are alive, that's just creepy and cruel-looking.

HS ToT is really a wonderfully themed and executed ride. It would be a shame to change it. I say go next door, enclose the RnRRC queue and make it a great GoG ride, if they choose to place it in an existing ride at HS. Better yet, drop the unexciting plans for Toy Story and fill up that area with GoG and other good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom