AVATAR land construction progress

Cesar R M

All I've seen of it is from google images about a minute ago. It does for sure look nice but I wouldn't put it on par with Avatar at all I don't think.
View attachment 155338
that is being built in my hometown, they are building pretty slow but now gaining speeds. Will be kinda messy as since they are building next to a river that goes above its level when it rains above average.
which happens at least twice every 2-3 years

TyTrap

the concept photos look really nice but personally i feel like the quality of Disney will be higher and the floating mountains will be more impressive
I agree the quality of Disney's work is a notch above any other theme park. avatar land is in a league of its own.

TyTrap

As I stated above I apologize for getting off topic I just wanted to share this with my fellow avatar land enthusiasts because of the connection between the avatar franchise and cirque du soleil.

A foolish mortal

Skjermbilde 2016-08-13 kl. 01.04.04.png
Skjermbilde 2016-08-13 kl. 01.03.53.png
Skjermbilde 2016-08-13 kl. 01.04.00.png

KikoKea

[QUOTE="A foolish mortal, post: View attachment 155569[/QUOTE]
That whitish area to the right, lower area- looks like a large water feature maybe? Channels seem to branch out as it descends. Right area leads to what looks like a bridge with upright pylon wall reninforcements at the far right. To the left it seems to lead to another narrower bridge. Hoping this is a huge water feature- envisioning evening light and sound show for the area. Any ideas is this could be true?(edited for left out word)

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, August 14. Most of the scaffolding has been removed from the floating mountains. Here is the view from Animal Kingdom entrance plaza.

IMG_8217.JPG

The view into Avatar land from the pathway next to Tiffins. If the trees and vegetation remains as is, most of Avatar land will remain hidden until you "round the corner" over the bridge into the new land, creating an exciting first impression.

IMG_8218.JPG

Daveeeeed

Photo update as of Sunday, August 14. Most of the scaffolding has been removed from the floating mountains. Here is the view from Animal Kingdom entrance plaza.

View attachment 155734

The view into Avatar land from the pathway next to Tiffins. If the trees and vegetation remains as is, most of Avatar land will remain hidden until you "round the corner" over the bridge into the new land, creating an exciting first impression.

View attachment 155735
Thanks for the update!!! Btw great photos!

flyerjab

[QUOTE="A foolish mortal, post: View attachment 155569
That whitish area to the right, lower area- looks like a large water feature maybe? Channels seem to branch out as it descends. Right area leads to what looks like a bridge with upright pylon wall reninforcements at the far right. To the left it seems to lead to another narrower bridge. Hoping this is a huge water feature- envisioning evening light and sound show for the area. Any ideas is this could be true?(edited for left out word)[/QUOTE]

If I am not mistaken, and @twebber55 can check me on this, but I believe that large branching structure is actually the massive vine structure that holds up that side of the floating mountains. You might actually be able to walk underneath part of that structure.

twebber55

That whitish area to the right, lower area- looks like a large water feature maybe? Channels seem to branch out as it descends. Right area leads to what looks like a bridge with upright pylon wall reninforcements at the far right. To the left it seems to lead to another narrower bridge. Hoping this is a huge water feature- envisioning evening light and sound show for the area. Any ideas is this could be true?(edited for left out word)

If I am not mistaken, and @twebber55 can check me on this, but I believe that large branching structure is actually the massive vine structure that holds up that side of the floating mountains. You might actually be able to walk underneath part of that structure.[/QUOTE]
yep you re right
i was nt sure what he/she was talking about but yes those are branches that hold upthe right side of the floating mtns

twebber55

If I am not mistaken, and @twebber55 can check me on this, but I believe that large branching structure is actually the massive vine structure that holds up that side of the floating mountains. You might actually be able to walk underneath part of that structure.[/QUOTE]
hey @flyerjab the go to guy on Avatar is @rioriz
he knows his stuff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom