Arendelle Village expansion (Frozen) update watch.

mharrington

Thankfully the plan is only part of toon town to bite the dust.

True, and hopefully they will address the issues of the Mickey meet-n-greet spot and the kiddie coaster. As I said before, the Mickey meet-n-greet could be relocated closer to the Roger Rabbit ride, in the former Jolly Trolley barn. As for the kiddie coaster, maybe it could repurposed for the Frozen subsection, maybe themed to Kristoff's sleigh.

BrianLo

I don't want Lincoln to go either, but out of morbid curiosity when was the last time everyone here visited Lincoln?

I'm not a very good sample as I'm not local and tend to do all the things in a visit. Even still I think I might have missed it when I visited for the 60th.

Curious Constance

I visited 5 years ago with my family. There was maybe five other people in the whole place. I get the history, but how is history being honored by letting it sit there barely seen? Put it some place it will be appreciated. As I've mentioned before and Yookeroo said, the Disney museum would be ideal.

BrianLo

In terms of actual reasonable places to put a Mickey and friends M&G - the skyway plot would certainly work well.

I don't know if they are planning an eventual path through there though to Frozen (not the actual land itself) or what exactly they plan with it.

mickEblu

I visited Lincoln a grand total of one time in my life. A couple years ago, my first year as an AP. It's kind of one of those things that's cool knowing its there even if you don't watch it often or ever. It adds to the breadth of experiences offered at DL.

To be honest I found Lincoln boring. However, for me, a huge part of Disneylands charm is the history and nostalgia. I just don't want to see a point where every nook and cranny of the park has to be repurposed for whatever the flavor of the month is.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

I visited Lincoln a grand total of one time in my life. A couple years ago, my first year as an AP. It's kind of one of those things that's cool knowing its there even if you don't watch it often or ever. It adds to the breadth of experiences offered at DL.
It doesn't add anything if no one goes to see it. And as far as I can tell, no one goes to see it.

Tay

DLR by the end of the decade sounds so promising. I've never been to DLR (hope to change that within a year) , is there space to add a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse area near Disney Jr? That way they can turn Toontown into something else and let the kiddies have Mickey and friend's area that they know more of.

mharrington

DLR by the end of the decade sounds so promising. I've never been to DLR (hope to change that within a year) , is there space to add a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse area near Disney Jr? That way they can turn Toontown into something else and let the kiddies have Mickey and friend's area that they know more of.

Actually, I'm told that the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on its way out. That show has run its course. They finished the last episodes months ago. It's due to be replaced by something else next year, I read.

mickEblu

It doesn't add anything if no one goes to see it. And as far as I can tell, no one goes to see it.

That's a good point. But here's my two cents. I don't want the balance between nostalgia/ history and new to be lost. I don't want to lose all the stuff that feels vintage as that's a huge part of the parks charm. I like the musty smells in the old buildings.

As a reasonable person, If there was space there for some E or D ticket that made sense on Main Street I may feel differently.

Also, just like a movie, I think the park needs to have a balance between action and ...well.. a break from the action. I don't think every nook and cranny needs to be IP central/ flavor of the month/ or a big draw e ticket or ride. Of course, this is more the artist in me talking and not business man. It's nice to to have those unique offerings off the beaten path where you get a chance to take a breath. For example even though I find the show itself boring, I love the old props and ambiance in the "queue" and enjoy the fact that's it's empty and quiet.

Tay

Actually, I'm told that the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on its way out. That show has run its course. They finished the last episodes months ago. It's due to be replaced by something else next year, I read.
Wow just read about it. My brothers are still obsessed with Clubhouse even though they should be growing out of it. Clubhouse was getting annoying so I'm glad they're starting off fresh. I guess they could just rebuild a better TT somewhere else and get rid of the current for more expansion .

mharrington

Wow just read about it. My brothers are still obsessed with Clubhouse even though they should be growing out of it. Clubhouse was getting annoying so I'm glad they're starting off fresh. I guess they could just rebuild a better TT somewhere else and get rid of the current for more expansion .

Unfortunately, there's really no place else to put it. If it's gone, it'll likely be gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom