Spirited Special II: DHS Guardians Tower Not Dead; DL to Trade Nostalgia For Star Wars Pyro

RSoxNo1

Rowling wanted creative control and approval, which Disney balked at. She also wasn't impressed with their ideas - a walkthrough zoo of magical creatures and Midway Mania with wands. Remember, this was under Rasulo. Universal was desperate and gave Rowling everything she wanted, and it in turn saved their parks division.

Guess who got creative approval over his licensed projects to Disney? James Cameron. Modern Disney reacts instead of setting the curve.
Let's assume this was another Chris Beatty proposal.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think its been said that MoM still on the table but I'm not totally sure. I think the next thing should be removing Dragon Challenge for the Forbidden Forest. Lots of potential for that plot of land.

We're getting way off topic now though.

At the risk of infuriating the self appointed thread police, did I not read an article refering to the phone box near the station and if you call the number its state the Ministry of magic isnt open right now, or words to that effect, and some view this as a wee hint of whats to come. Not a Potter fan so only interested if its better than Gringotts stop start fiasco. Proof that fantastic themeing cant save mediocrity as Disney has now perfected.

Mike S

At the risk of infuriating the self appointed thread police, did I not read an article refering to the phone box near the station and if you call the number its state the Ministry of magic isnt open right now, or words to that effect, and some view this as a wee hint of whats to come. Not a Potter fan so only interested if its better than Gringotts stop start fiasco. Proof that fantastic themeing cant save mediocrity as Disney has now perfected.
I haven't done the phone thing for myself so I'm not sure.

lazyboy97o

Yes, you can call the Ministry of Magic (though the fun of it being a secret has been ruined by a small sign with instructions). I doubt it is a hint as those tend to be the delusions of those who claim they can foresee and predict.

Cesar R M

One that you haven't actually ridden.
daaamn.. that burn.
damson.jpg

LongLiveTheKing

Anaheim is now in a place where constantly new product will be coming on an annual basis. Whether you like it ... or whether it is in the right place (and I fundamentally do not believe SW or Marvel are being handled in their best interests or the best interests of the resort's future) those are personal feelings.
That decision of Disney doesn't even make any sense. Of all of the Disney resorts, Disney World has the most room FOR expansion. Disney specifically bought all that Florida swamp land in secret so they wouldn't be constricted by the situation in Anehiem Disneyland's lack of expansion space. I mean, Disneyland buying out that hotel this week shouldn't be big news, but it is just because they have so little room to expand.

bhg469

Not a huge disappointment, but a "not as good" follow up to Forbidden Journey.
I would say it's more rider friendly. Forbidden journey is an amazing ride but you have to be pretty immune to motion sickness for it.

Gringotts could use a little more love in the ride in the physical set department, but if you take the queue and surrounding land into consideration it is still on the level of Disney's past A game.

Cesar R M

I would say it's more rider friendly. Forbidden journey is an amazing ride but you have to be pretty immune to motion sickness for it.

Gringotts could use a little more love in the ride in the physical set department, but if you take the queue and surrounding land into consideration it is still on the level of Disney's past A game.
Agree.. still I swear that grintotts needed one LAST drop, not that soft drop after the dragon climb up.

LongLiveTheKing

Computers take over jobs. Drones, kiosks (in restaurants, movie theaters,ect.), self driving cars,boats.
I think this one would actually be a REALLY good one for Epcot to explore. I've been fascinated by the concept of automation in jobs and especially in self driving cars. They have self operating machines that pull items from story high warehouse, Amazon Air delivering stuff to your house in 30 minutes through tiny helicoptors, cars that can drive little Suzy to her friend's house so mom can be undisturbed studying for the BAR while getting grandma to bingo no hassle, and machines that know how to milk cows on their own. I bet Walt Disney would be all over self driving cars since they make the People Mover almost pointless for anything other than entertainment.

Obviously, not to get into the politics of it, the bad thing is jobs being replaced, but no one's going to deny these concepts aren't cool to explore. Everyone wants to know about this stuff and how it works.

Last edited:

LongLiveTheKing

Yes biological implants is the way the future is heading but why be scared of that?
Disney buying out Square Enix so they can make Disney Channel animated Deus Ex Saturday morning cartoon in 3... 2...
Is it too late to join the doom 'n' gloomers club?
There are 999 mopey cynics this thread.

But there's ALWAYS room for one more...
At this rate, they might as well just bulldoze Sleeping Beauty Castle and build the Death Star.
That's no moon... That's a cash in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom