Guardians Tower announcement Saturday in SD ...

Variable

How about behind the tower? I am currently doing this from my phone so no I don't feel like posting a photo but you are more them welcome to use Google Maps to see what I'm talking about. You keep going after the word overlay and that may be wrong word but it doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day a new ride COULD have been made and the Tower could have stayed or even be enhanced with new drop profiles and effects. This is a money making grab to sell more merch and put the IPS of now into Disney parks. It's shameful

Behind the tower is the last bit of contiguous backstage left for DCA. And even if a new 'space land' of some kind were put there we would STILL be listening to the gripes about thematic cohesion yada yada yada "wow, so we walk from hollywood right into space land, that sucks" "they should have built a third gate" etc etc

Trying to keep some you happy is an ever moving target.

Overlay is the wrong word. Its a reconstruction, a remodel, if anything, something else than an overlay. Lets at least use some terminology that is a bit more honest.

bethymouse

Phew! I read through it all! I am just not sure how I feel.:confused::mad::(:arghh::cry::devilish::facepalm::grumpy::hungover::in pain: My boys enjoy GOTG, but to change an entire attraction to match the sci-fi world of Marvel comics? The artist rendition looks cool:cool: , but I wish they could have come up with another ride, instead of just easily changing the theme.:( But, if they do decide to do the same at DHS, it would be completely out of place ( IMHO it's that way as well in Ca.).
What are they going to do at EPCOT? Hopefully not just another "easy fix". But, they won't put that ride at EPCOT ( what were the height balloons for? as someone else had mentioned). I'm so confused!:confused:

Matt_Black

I'm just lost that this franchise is really popular. After the news on here broke I attempted to watch it and fell asleep. It was not interesting to me . The raccoon and the music were good though .

Well, for starters, it's new, at least to the mainstream audience that isn't hardcore comic nerds. Both in regards to the characters and the style- while "Space Odyssey" stories are all over the place in comics, that hadn't been really done yet in a superhero film successfully. (I added the qualifier because yes, technically, the Green Lantern debacle).

FigmentForver96

Behind the tower is the last bit of contiguous backstage left for DCA. And even if a new 'space land' of some kind were put there we would STILL be listening to the gripes about thematic cohesion yada yada yada "wow, so we walk from hollywood right into space land, that sucks" "they should have built a third gate" etc etc

Trying to keep some you happy is an ever moving target.

Overlay is the wrong word. Its a reconstruction, a remodel, if anything, something else than an overlay. Lets at least use some terminology that is a bit more honest.
Well if we are being entirely honest the park had been an issue from the beginning. It was awful when it opened, was themed around the state of California yet had no sense of direction or vision. Then they change it with new rides like Little Mermaid (Caifornia...no idea), Sorin over the World (California...not really.) and now this. So yea "space land" would be bad too but at least we could accept the awesome new experinces and lands.

Matt_Black

And now, for the "Reaction that is absolutely horrifying" portion of the night....

ToTtweet.png

That's... Man, WHAT?

Pam Hates Penguins

Phew! I read through it all! I am just not sure how I feel.:confused::mad::(:arghh::cry::devilish::facepalm::grumpy::hungover::in pain: My boys enjoy GOTG, but to change an entire attraction to match the sci-fi world of Marvel comics? The artist rendition looks cool:cool: , but I wish they could have come up with another ride, instead of just easily changing the theme.:( But, if they do decide to do the same at DHS, it would be completely out of place ( IMHO it's that way as well in Ca.).
What are they going to do at EPCOT? Hopefully not just another "easy fix". But, they won't put that ride at EPCOT ( what were the height balloons for? as someone else had mentioned). I'm so confused!:confused:

Yeah. Completely out of place if it happens.
Picture1.jpg

JAG107

Really love the Howard the Duck comment that skirted past the DPB mods. They're gonna have a busy few months.

I really don't agree with the "lame DCA version" comments, the ToT at DCA is still vastly superior to 80% of the other attractions at DLR. It may not be as great as the original, but it's not as big a difference as PoTC at DL vs. MK. Now THAT'S a "lame version" attraction.
I'm gonna have to ride it as much as possible before my AP expires, then be left to enjoy the WDW version on my trips east in the future.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
That was an awkward announcement video, but I guess there's not really a way to sell it better, especially to DLR regulars which make up a large amount of the guests.

Right now the biggest issue I have is how ugly the building is going to look. They couldn't even get Joe Rohde to explain it in a good way...it's sort of a warehousey, overlay-y, something we had to throw up there to cover the previous theme...thing, and go to the Collector area which was a whole 3 minutes of the movie. And you'll get the same drops as before...but with other MUSIC....and stuff happens....and drops....and we got the people who made the movie to look at our drawings.

Edit: that traveled fast:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...rror-fan-outrage-20160723-snap-htmlstory.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom