Room size/Air mattress

PoppinsFan

Original Poster
Wondering if anyone has brought an air mattress to Disney? Our kids are teenagers and refuse to sleep in the same bed. We plan on staying at Riverside or Coronado Springs. Will there be enough space? We priced out a few of the deluxe resorts, but would have to stay 3 less nights.

Polydweller

As a hotelier I have to say you should not use anything that blocks egress from the room. In an emergency you have less time to get out than you think and speed is essential. Any trip hazard or impediment needs to be avoided.

Given room sizes and layout it looks like a single mattress could be the largest you should look at. And when you place it make sure you don't block the routes out? Yeah, I'm talking about a low probability situation but the case studies I've seen presented make it clear that a blockage of the egress can hav extreme consequences.

FrostyNaples

Wondering if anyone has brought an air mattress to Disney? Our kids are teenagers and refuse to sleep in the same bed. We plan on staying at Riverside or Coronado Springs. Will there be enough space? We priced out a few of the deluxe resorts, but would have to stay 3 less nights.

DVC Rental. The rooms, beds you want, @ mod pricing, deluxe accommodations.

PaulaT

We have often had to bring a coleman camping cot with us as my 2 daughters cannot sleep in the same bed. We have done this at both value and port orleans riverside ---so no worries, we just fold it up in am, we sometimes even move the table and chairs around to fit our needs , never had anything said to us

cheesecake

A couple of times we stayed in the 1 br at Wilderness Lodge Villas with 5 people (my parents, me, my brother and sister) before they started adding the single beds for the 5th person and we brought an air matress or a camp bed thing and it always worked out fine!

ninjaprincesst

It's hardly a hassle, the air mattress takes almost no space when deflated, and the pump is maybe a pound...
yes, it is you have to lug the thing around, along with the stupid pump, inflate it every night, deflate every morning, its in the big middle of the way when someone needs to get up and go to the restroom or whatever, you have to have bedding for it that has to be taken on and off every day. Complete hassle all because teens are refusing to share a bed? I don't think so, they could sleep together in the bed provided or while the rest of the family went to Disney they could stay home with Grandma or Aunt or whoever. My teen is so grateful to be going to Disney she would sleep wherever we told her and never complain.

daisyduckie

yes, it is you have to lug the thing around, along with the stupid pump, inflate it every night, deflate every morning, its in the big middle of the way when someone needs to get up and go to the restroom or whatever, you have to have bedding for it that has to be taken on and off every day. Complete hassle all because teens are refusing to share a bed? I don't think so, they could sleep together in the bed provided or while the rest of the family went to Disney they could stay home with Grandma or Aunt or whoever. My teen is so grateful to be going to Disney she would sleep wherever we told her and never complain.

Well, the only thing in your list you have to do is inflate the mattress once. If you don't want to "lug" it with you it is easy enough to ship one down. No need to deflate it every day either.

MickeyMomV

We took one with us a few years ago when we stayed at AS Movies. We had an extra adult in the room (yes we paid the extra room charge for the additional adult) so my 10 year old DS stayed on the air mattress. We aired it up the first night and used the extra blanket and pillow provided in the room. During the day we stood it on end between the bed and the wall by the bathroom so it was completely out of the way. The mattress and pump fit fine in the luggage and was no problem at all.

Jahona

Looking at floor plans you may be be able to squeeze a twin size air mattress between the bed and the door. While the door will still be accessible it might make it a bit of an inconvenience. You can also lay a camping mattress between the beds.

WannaBWendy

My daughter was the same way. She always took a twin blow up and deflated it and put it away in the morning. No problem and enough room. The new mattresses we use now have the inflators in the mattress. She even has a foam mattress pad that rolls right up with the mattress. Secures the two with a canvas belt. Go for it. Take the mattress and be happy!
And check out Art of Animation. Enough beds and TWO BATHROOMS!

ratherbeinwdw

Before we started staying at AoA, we would take a camping cot. We bought one that had a thick mattress. My daughter said it was very comfortable. We put it between the bed and the window and had enough room that we didn't have to fold it each day. It worked fine at POR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom