Room size/Air mattress

ninjaprincesst

Its only a hassle for people who don't enjoy going do "more than they have to". We've never had any space issues, so I say go for it. Better to have everyone sleeping well than have people sleeping uncomfortably and be sour the entire trip.
No it's a hassle and it's just stupid to let your teens be so spoiled and entitled they "refuse" to share a bed. Besides that it's tacky. Why pay for a nice room to put an ugly camping mattress in it ? My teen just said she would sleep in the bathtub if she got to go to Disney. I guess I just can't comprehend people willing to either give up a whole suitcase for air mattress and bedding or pay to ship it because teens are being selfish and bratty, they have awesome parents who are taking them to Disney World, I would thing they would be more cooperative and appreciate their obviously generous parents more.

21stamps

https://www.rei.com/product/100254/insta-bed-raised-luxury-support-air-bed-queen

I purchased this last spring for our first ever tent camping trip- it was great!! There are probably smaller sized options as well. That way you won't have to deal with a hassle of a pump.

I'll say this though- if I was not camping, and in the same room as a bed.. After one night on an air mattress I would decide that sleeping in same bed with my sibling was the better option.lol. Especially if I was deflating/inflating my bed every single day. That would get old quickly.

PoppinsFan

Original Poster
No it's a hassle and it's just stupid to let your teens be so spoiled and entitled they "refuse" to share a bed. Besides that it's tacky. Why pay for a nice room to put an ugly camping mattress in it ? My teen just said she would sleep in the bathtub if she got to go to Disney. I guess I just can't comprehend people willing to either give up a whole suitcase for air mattress and bedding or pay to ship it because teens are being selfish and bratty, they have awesome parents who are taking them to Disney World, I would thing they would be more cooperative and appreciate their obviously generous parents more.

I have tried hard not to respond to your negative posts. First of all I did not ask for parenting advice. You know nothing about my family! And it is extremely offensive and rude to say that my children are ungrateful and spoiled! My children are always extremely grateful to go on vacation, and have slept in the same bed several times. This next vacation our son will be almost 18, and our daughter will be 16. I was thinking of their personal comfort! Before you post negative and mean comments about someones family, stop and think how you would feel if a stranger was saying that about your daughter. This forum is supposed to be about sharing Disney information, not attacking each other. It seems you need a reminder.

ninjaprincesst

I have tried hard not to respond to your negative posts. First of all I did not ask for parenting advice. You know nothing about my family! And it is extremely offensive and rude to say that my children are ungrateful and spoiled! My children are always extremely grateful to go on vacation, and have slept in the same bed several times. This next vacation our son will be almost 18, and our daughter will be 16. I was thinking of their personal comfort! Before you post negative and mean comments about someones family, stop and think how you would feel if a stranger was saying that about your daughter. This forum is supposed to be about sharing Disney information, not attacking each other. It seems you need a reminder.
You said that and I quote " they refuse to sleep in the same bed", I am responding to the post that is being selfish and rude, as you are being selfish and rude to the mouse keeping. Do you think they want to work around a camp mattress in the middle of the room.? And I never attacked you parenting I said they should be grateful they were being taken to Disney, but now you are attacking me. my daughter will be 17 on out November trip my boyfriends daughter will be 19 they are just thankful to be going and would never refuse to sleep anywhere. I was not making negative comments. I am thinking of the mouse keeping and you and your husband, yall are spending a lot of money to have a nice family vacation, not to have to deal with hauling a mattress around and dealing with all that, it's your trip too. I understand with the boy's age he is getting up there into the land of not comfortable with that, but no ages were stated it was just stated that there was refusal, which stated that way seems like bratty little teens, and if my daughter is being rude or bratty it does not bother me for someone to point it out to me. She rarely does, but if she does and I miss it please do tell me, I'm not offended.

21stamps

Given your children's ages and a boy and girl I definitely understand. My brother and I are 3 years apart and I don't think we could have slept in the same room on vacay, much less the same bed ;). Check out the self inflating mattresses at REI like I mentioned, or maybe even a sleeping mat from there, the boy would probably be fine with it. They aren't too uncomfortable and will take up much less space!

21stamps

image.png

EvilQueen-T

We had a similar issue. My kids are 5 years apart and one's a boy, one's a girl. We fit a double/full air mattress between the bed and the a/c unit at pop century and that's with the allstars having the smallest rooms. We couldn't walk around it but it worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom