Frozen Ever After opening day

ThemeParkJunkee

Well, DD just posted a photo of her family on the plane to Dover England for their sailing on the Magic to Norway and Iceland tomorrow. I should have more Norway pictures to compare to the queue and general area. So far it's been pretty authentic. My SIL's sister was posting last week. Popular destination in my family. (Not to mention I get to see pics of their cruise...so jealous).

RSoxNo1

Rumor
I've been told Disney thought the M&G would cut down on the attraction wait times, but the M&G isn't pulling the numbers Disney expected, making the ride much more popular than anticipated. (That's no surprise to long-time theme park vets.)
I've been told that any fan with two brain cells to rub together told them this was a dumb idea. Imagineering has hundreds of disciplines, executives love to look at numbers. How come the combined brain power can't figure out that a new ride based on the highest grossing animated movie of all time might need more than 1200 people per hour?

I repeat, this is the worst attraction decision in the history of Walt Disney World.

MagicHappens1971

The Elsa wave is such an interesting touch if you break down in that room. Has anything like that ever been done before?
I've never seen them do anything like that before. I believe I read that the AA's are programmed with two modes. An A (normal mode) and then B (technical difficulties mode). I've seen in evacuation/breakdown videos that all of Anna & Elsa's AAs wave periodically while its broken down. Also, I've noticed Kristoff & Anna's AAs (in the "For the First Time in Forever scene) are the only ones I've not seen have issues.

andre85

I've been told that any fan with two brain cells to rub together told them this was a dumb idea. Imagineering has hundreds of disciplines, executives love to look at numbers. How come the combined brain power can't figure out that a new ride based on the highest grossing animated movie of all time might need more than 1200 people per hour?

I repeat, this is the worst attraction decision in the history of Walt Disney World.

Somehow Disney making a ride that's too popular is the worst decision ever made...oookay

Jlasoon

They couldn't afford another Rivers of Light.

The ride isn't ready - rode it yesterday - no fog/mist throughout ride, 1st Olaf was down, and final show scene was completely dead. And I mean completely dead, no lights, no music, no nothing. Just a creepy dark room. The worst part was they couldn't even shut the ride down - too many people waiting everywhere in Norway. A complete disaster if you ask me.

Mike S

The ride isn't ready - rode it yesterday - no fog/mist throughout ride, 1st Olaf was down, and final show scene was completely dead. And I mean completely dead, no lights, no music, no nothing. Just a creepy dark room. The worst part was they couldn't even shut the ride down - too many people waiting everywhere in Norway. A complete disaster if you ask me.
I rode it yesterday too but the only thing I noticed that was wrong was a smaller amount of fog compared to the videos but still there. It seems you have to get on early for your best shot of seeing everything working correctly.

Jlasoon

I rode it yesterday too but the only thing I noticed that was wrong was a smaller amount of fog compared to the videos but still there. It seems you have to get on early for your best shot of seeing everything working correctly.

Yep, had a FastPass for 7:15pm - Norway was a disaster zone. Garbage everywhere, water dispensers with paper cups, lines on top of more lines, People going to dinner, others waiting standby, fastpass line stretching out half a mile. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Magenta Panther

And wasn't everybody here talking about the potential capacity problems? That Norway would turn into a disaster area? Pixie-dusters, Disney-downers, and general park enthusiasts alike all predicted these problems. And why wouldn't we, it was such an obvious DUH no-brainer. And yet TDO didn't consider these issues? Did they expect that the Frozen mania would die down so much that the issues we all worried over wouldn't arise? I can't believe they're all that shortsighted, clueless or stupid. What could possibly be their excuse for all this?

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...the Frozen ride turned out a lot better than many of us expected...and yet it's plagued with breakdowns and the Norway pavilion is turning into a dump. Someone really ought to be called on the carpet for this. But then again...I think someone here said that the guy responsible for coming up with the idea of putting Frozen in Maelstrom has left the company. So he's well out of this, I guess...

Biff215

And wasn't everybody here talking about the potential capacity problems? That Norway would turn into a disaster area? Pixie-dusters, Disney-downers, and general park enthusiasts alike all predicted these problems. And why wouldn't we, it was such an obvious DUH no-brainer. And yet TDO didn't consider these issues? Did they expect that the Frozen mania would die down so much that the issues we all worried over wouldn't arise? I can't believe they're all that shortsighted, clueless or stupid. What could possibly be their excuse for all this?

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...the Frozen ride turned out a lot better than many of us expected...and yet it's plagued with breakdowns and the Norway pavilion is turning into a dump. Someone really ought to be called on the carpet for this. But then again...I think someone here said that the guy responsible for coming up with the idea of putting Frozen in Maelstrom has left the company. So he's well out of this, I guess...
Plus the directive to "fast track" Frozen into the parks apparently came from the top. I'm sure WDI and others were smart enough to know the potential issues, but none of that matters if the powers that be want it done.

Why would they care if lines are wrapping around WS or young children are waiting in five hour lines? It will drive attendance and merchandise sales, and that's all that matters to them. I doubt WDI and TDO had much of a choice.

Matt_Black

Plus the directive to "fast track" Frozen into the parks apparently came from the top. I'm sure WDI and others were smart enough to know the potential issues, but none of that matters if the powers that be want it done.

Why would they care if lines are wrapping around WS or young children are waiting in five hour lines? It will drive attendance and merchandise sales, and that's all that matters to them. I doubt WDI and TDO had much of a choice.

Plus, they can point to the long lines and say, "Look how popular our ride is, with the line going all over the place." It's the same reason why video game console manufacturers send out so little hardware for Black Friday- so the media can get their shots of people waiting hours in the cold to buy the darn thing.

The Powers That Be didn't do this without thought, they just had different priorities.

Mike S

Plus, they can point to the long lines and say, "Look how popular our ride is, with the line going all over the place." It's the same reason why video game console manufacturers send out so little hardware for Black Friday- so the media can get their shots of people waiting hours in the cold to buy the darn thing.

The Powers That Be didn't do this without thought, they just had different priorities.
The thing they're missing is that something bigger could've achieved a similar result as well.

At least the ride turned out decent despite these issues.

CinematicFusion

I still think Frozen was a gateway to other rides coming to world showcase. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Capacity wise? Nothing.

Can't get a round peg in a square hole.

Capacity wise will be fought by adding another ride to World Showcase. I think that was the plan all along. Disney had to know this ride would be a capacity issue.....it's the only fantasyland dark ride in Epcot....it will always be packed. World showcase needs balance now. Another ride on the level or greater than Frozen in world showcase. What could it be? The fantasyland crowd is waiting? Paris might have some room for something.
The boat has sailed on the idea of what WS once was.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I still think Frozen was a gateway to other rides coming to world showcase. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Capacity wise will be fought by adding another ride to World Showcase. I think that was the plan all along..
There are plans but nothing is remotely green lit. And may not be.

This IP demanded capacity. Not the park.

CBJ and CoP are rarely completely full but Space Mountain is.

Bocabear

keep walking the crowds farther out into World ShowcaSE...a ride in Germany or Japan...then something in Italy, France and finally England....There is also room where they never built Equatorial Africa...just sitting vacant...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Somehow Disney making a ride that's too popular is the worst decision ever made...oookay
Yes, exactly. They created a ride that no doubt would be extremely popular with long lines and they chose to put it in the absolute smallest area and building possible with the lowest capacity. Either they are morons or they just dont care about their guests watiing 300 minutes. Not sure which one is worse, but neither is excusable.

Mike S

There are plans but nothing is remotely green lit. And may not be.

This IP demanded capacity. Not the park.

CBJ and CoP are rarely completely full but Space Mountain is.
Just like how Star Wars demands capacity. Why else would they be building two large scale rides with large capacities? They know what's coming with that and they're preparing for it.

Also Frozen in Tokyo.

twebber55

ever? even worst than say Stich?

Biff215

Capacity wise will be fought by adding another ride to World Showcase. I think that was the plan all along. Disney had to know this ride would be a capacity issue.....it's the only fantasyland dark ride in Epcot....it will always be packed. World showcase needs balance now. Another ride on the level or greater than Frozen in world showcase. What could it be? The fantasyland crowd is waiting? Paris might have some room for something.
The boat has sailed on the idea of what WS once was.
While I wouldn't mind seeing more attractions in WS, I still believe this was all about getting a popular movie shoehorned in someplace "quickly". It was the most obvious current ride to take over, simple as that.

Guess we'll have to see if anything follows in WS, but personally I think they should be more concerned with FW updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom