Frozen Ever After opening day

180º

Any word on whether cascades are a problem? I guess it's unlikely with generous 30-second dispatch intervals, but they did rearrange load/unload and we are seeing a lot of resets.

matt9112

You do know that every other BRAND NEW ride works fine, but usually has kinks. Mine Train had a ton of issues and it was brand new. Frozen Ever After is using 28 year old boats, while it Disney's fault, when they want to create quality attractions they can. They just didn't feel that they should replace the boats.

28 year old ride system?....its ALL wdws fault.

aladdin2007

Just caught something,maybe this has already been mentioned, but I was watching another vid and when you come up over the lift hill, the big snow flake that lights up begins with what looks like odins eye on the left side!! anyone else notice this???

BasiltheBatLord

Just caught something,maybe this has already been mentioned, but I was watching another vid and when you come up over the lift hill, the big snow flake that lights up begins with what looks like odins eye on the left side!! anyone else notice this???
Watched some POV's again and I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Can you give a bit more info? Do you mean there's the shape of Odin's Eye in the snowflake's shine or that the actual mask/light is still there?

Because I'm pretty sure the actual light for Odin was where the mini ice castle piece is now at the top of the lift hill, not where the snowflake currently is.

mimitchi33

Rumor
I've been told Disney thought the M&G would cut down on the attraction wait times, but the M&G isn't pulling the numbers Disney expected, making the ride much more popular than anticipated. (That's no surprise to long-time theme park vets.)
I think it's not only due to the new rides at EPCOT, but it's also because Joy and Sadness' meet and greet is as popular as the film they came from, and it's killing Frozen's popularity (the waits for . Heck, every person I know loves Inside Out, mainly those who work with kids or have kids of their own. Why Disney isn't cashing in on this aside from a segment in an upcoming ice show is beyond me. I read on one site that it's been selling more Blu-rays than Frozen recently.
Anyway, back to the topic of Frozen Ever After...
There are a lot of armchair engineers here. Without even a hint of how the attraction works and what the issues are, all opinions and recommendations should be limited. Wild speculation gets us all nowhere.

Comments along the lines of it worked before it should work now are ridiculous. It could easily be assumed that the vast majority of the ride system is completely new. Safety standards would most likely be different with the modified ride than before. Most likely, the ride has all new sensors, which could be malfunctioning or just more sensitive than before. Only Disney knows the problem and I am sure they are working on a solution.
I agree. Many rides break down when they're new. If you visited Disneyland in the 90's, you may remember that the Rocket Rods
frequently broke down. The same thing happened to Test Track as well.
The breakdowns made Yahoo News today...
I'm not surprised. The breakdowns were mentioned on a few other news sites which were mostly British, such as Dailymail (which has MANY articles about Frozen on there). I even saw a news story on the website of a Fox station in Tampa about the ride breaking down last Thursday!

Mike S

Rumor
I've been told Disney thought the M&G would cut down on the attraction wait times, but the M&G isn't pulling the numbers Disney expected, making the ride much more popular than anticipated. (That's no surprise to long-time theme park vets.)
Ride trumps M&G every time if given the choice. The thing looked empty when I walked by after my ride.

Silly Disney.

culturenthrills

Rumor

If true that just shows you how out of touch Mgmt is. It is ridiculous that they didn't do soft opens before the official opening. Have they ever done this before. It is obvious this ride still needed a few weeks to get the kinks worked out. Compare that to UNI who is not rushing Kong's official opening.

aladdin2007

Watched some POV's again and I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Can you give a bit more info? Do you mean there's the shape of Odin's Eye in the snowflake's shine or that the actual mask/light is still there?

Because I'm pretty sure the actual light for Odin was where the mini ice castle piece is now at the top of the lift hill, not where the snowflake currently is.

okay this is past the new ice castle above where odin use to be, after you come up on the second level, and right before the first big (yet bland) scene where olaf is skating,. the huge snwflake on the right side has a lighting effect, as soon as it comes on after your on the second level, the lighting effect on it begins with what looks like odins eye in the upper left hand corner of it, before the rest of it starts glowing........I believe it was in the evac vid that was posted yesterday and can be seen best there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom