Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory refurbishment starting July 11 to sometime in the fall

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
I am not sure if this the right forum for this since this deals with food, but it is news at the same time. The Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory food is the food court for Port Orleans French Quarter.

The information mentions that there is going to be a temporary alternative dining experience located djacent to the lobby and Scat Cat’s Lounge aka the area of the old Bonfamille's table service restaurant. It supposedly will be serving hot and cold food besides having a grab and go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Bonfamille was a pretty big TS restaurant and we ate there frequently. As of 2 years ago it was pretty much intact, just misc crude shoved in there. Much nicer than seating at Sassagoula. If they are going to use that room for dining the refurbishment should go smoothly.

I could only hope they would re-open this TS after once again. The food was excellent.

Miguel W.

I am a little disappointed that Disney did not notify guests until only a few weeks before this change. Part of how we go about picking a resort includes the dining options. It is nice to have a cafeteria environment that is themed and established. Had we known about this sooner, we could have had enough time to still get a more favorable room at a different hotel. What's odd is this hotel is losing a key component, but is still not considered part of the summer savings deals.

KLeigh

I'm staying st POFQ from Sept 5-13, and I have not been notified of this closure. Does this mean it will be back up and running by my trip, or did Disney accidentally leave me off the notification list?

worldfanatic

I am a little disappointed that Disney did not notify guests until only a few weeks before this change. Part of how we go about picking a resort includes the dining options. It is nice to have a cafeteria environment that is themed and established. Had we known about this sooner, we could have had enough time to still get a more favorable room at a different hotel.

I really have to agree.
While I generally defend Disney refurbs strongly, this does seem extremely last minute. Especially during peak summer season.
I don't blame you at all for being disappointed.

PeaJay18

I'm staying st POFQ from Sept 5-13, and I have not been notified of this closure. Does this mean it will be back up and running by my trip, or did Disney accidentally leave me off the notification list?
We're staying Oct 16-23 and received the notification email from Disney this morning, so I guess it's still closed until at least then.

Mark P.

We're staying Oct 16-23 and received the notification email from Disney this morning, so I guess it's still closed until at least then.

We're staying POFQ 8/3-7, no email notification yet. Pretty disappointed about this, but I guess the silver lining is that it's an excuse to take the boat down to Disney Springs and do some exploring there instead...

KLeigh

We're staying POFQ 8/3-7, no email notification yet. Pretty disappointed about this, but I guess the silver lining is that it's an excuse to take the boat down to Disney Springs and do some exploring there instead...

That's what we're doing too. I've never been a huge fan of the FQ food court offerings compared to Riverside, but I'm happy to hear the beignets will still be available! Looks like our departure day breakfast will be at Riverside with a lunch in DS.

draybook

I didn't see it notated, but are they going to have fountain drinks available for people with the refillable mugs? I'm hoping this will get some peoplease to switch resorts so we can move from POR to POFQ on September.

DC0703

I'm curious as to what they will be doing since it is a long refurb. Personally. I'm hoping it gets a decorative makeover. I'm not a fan the way this food court looks currently. The masks are kind of creepy and the white walls make it look a little like a school gym. I'm hoping the go for a warmer, richer look with festive decor.

Worldlover71

I'm usually pretty Pollyana-ish about this stuff but I fear this might be another cost-cutting measure. Can anyone dispel this fear and tell me there will be an actual refurb that will take 3+ months?

HRHPrincessAriel

It will take far fewer people to run this temporary location than the full food court. They mentioned a grab and go section plus a few other items. Fewer cooks, fewer counter servers, one cashier. I hope I'm wrong (and that Shanghai is a success and all this penny pinching can stop.)
I think that's a complete stretch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom