Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

blana

WDWBryan

Dang I just realized you can't book frozen and soarin on the same day. that's lame.

Epcot's fp offering is messed up. Soarin Frozen and Test Track are all in the same group. Those are the only rides that actually need a fast pass

Matt_Black

Or that "Muppets Most Wanted" is a remake of the SpongeBob episode where Plankton disguises himself as Mr. Krabs and despite how obvious it is that it's not Mr. Krabs SpongeBob still falls for it?

Honestly, that kind of thing is a time-honored Muppets gag.

"Look, Dad- a bear!"
"No, honey, that's a frog; bears wear hats."

Brer Panther

I dunno. In "The Great Muppet Caper", the whole "Kermit and Fozzie look alike" thing is a harmless running gag. In "Muppets Most Wanted", it's a plot device used to have Kermit suffer and show how stupid the Muppets are.

Matt_Black

I dunno. In "The Great Muppet Caper", the whole "Kermit and Fozzie look alike" thing is a harmless running gag. In "Muppets Most Wanted", it's a plot device used to have Kermit suffer and show how stupid the Muppets are.

Again, the Muppets being stupid is something of a tradition.

"We'll catch those crooks red-handed!"
"What color are their hands now?"

Phil12

Who is the intended audience? People who prefer lower quality offerings?
Frozen has a huge fan base. The movie is the highest-grossing animated film of all time. The fan base is international in scope and includes all ages. And, of course, central Florida is the perfect climate for Olaf.

JT3000

Frozen has a huge fan base. The movie is the highest-grossing animated film of all time. The fan base is international in scope and includes all ages. And, of course, central Florida is the perfect climate for Olaf.

I don't doubt the size of Frozen's fanbase, but that won't make the attraction any better. It's one thing to be a fan of something and another thing entirely to judge the relative quality of an attraction based solely on how much you love the IP it's attached to.

I don't know why that comparison was even made, since the attachment to massive IPs are the only things those projects have in common. And we all know that if a project's development time was relative to its end quality, Avatar would be the best thing since sliced bread.

TheOrangeBird01

It's supposed to be a joke ...

The Muppets aren't stupid characters, but sometimes they play "stupid". The Muppets are a group of actors that make movies for our enjoyment (if we're talking about the Muppet canon. In real life, they're puppets ;)). They clearly state at the beginning of Muppets Most Wanted that what you're watching is a movie and it isn't supposed to be taken seriously. If we want to go deep into it, the Muppets will do whatever they can to get a story across. If that means that they'll all pretend to not know the difference between Kermit and an imposter, then they will.

The "Criminal Doppelgänger" gag is a basic plot element used in many different types of media, which makes it perfect for the Muppets to use. The Muppets rely on over used gags/tropes as one of their main story components on tons of occasions. For instance, The Muppet Movie is a "Get the gang together/Road Trip" movie, but only in the background. What you remember about the movie is the songs, and the other jokes, not the underlining plot device (or the fact that the Muppets don't know each other, so you believe that they're meeting for the first time in this "origin story").

Also, they did this gag before, but no one seemed to get mad about it in 1976.

Brer Panther

The "Criminal Doppelgänger" gag is a basic plot element used in many different types of media
That's my point! I don't know about anyone else, but I find the "Villain Steals Character's Identity and Everyone Falls For It" cliche really frustrating. When I heard that the plot for "Muppets Most Wanted" would involve a criminal who looked like Kermit, I was hoping that they wouldn't go with th plot. And they did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom