The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition - Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Can't forget Chicken Little.

I used to get this movie confused all the time with Chicken Run:p
51EH8A7QCSL.jpg

TheOriginalTiki

It's next to impossible to NOT pick Breaking Bad as my favorite show of all time. That was a once in a life time experience getting to watch it all play out live on TV and being able to join in all the hype. Started watching live midway through season two, and I never thought it'd reach the peak it eventually reached. Better Call Saul is also FANTASTIC so far. Much more light in tone but it's doing a great job of establishing its own identity and using some Breaking Bad stuff only when it furthers the story and characters.

I'll go ahead and throw shout outs to Lost and The Leftovers though. Yea Lost went off the rails in season six, but you can't deny the impact that show had on the industry and pop culture in general. The Leftovers is another Lindeloff show that was covered on Rob Cesternino's "Post Show Recaps" podcast. It's truly one of the most heart pounding dramatic series I've ever seen, and it has some truly brilliant world building to it along with a really superb cast.

For comedy, I'm going to have to go with I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show. Classic Americana and still holds up to this day. Nothing beats an afternoon of Don Knotts on a sick day :) As far as modern stuff is concerned, I'm much more into Friends than I am into Seinfeld. Seinfeld is fine but I feel like I'm not the right demographic for it. There's a lot of East Coast humor on Seinfeld wheras Friends even though it was set in New York always had a west coast liberal vibe to it, which is probably why I attached to it a lot more.

Then as far as animated stuff goes, Gravity Falls is basically at the top right now simply for having the guts to end the show in the right place for the sake of the story. I also love the hell out of Hey Arnold and think that show's only gotten better with age. Courage the Cowardly Dog is another show that still blows my mind on the regular when I rewatch it. And of course Steven Universe is kicking all kinds of butt right now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom