Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

RSoxNo1

I got my two FPs for Soarin' immediately when released last week. I have one for 6/20 and one for 6/24.
I just checked for 6/20 are here is what is still available. I am a bit surprised.
FastPass+ Times
1:10 PM
1:40 PM
2:15 PM
2:30 PM
3:10 PM
3:35 PM
4:10 PM
4:55 PM
5:05 PM
5:40 PM
6:05 PM
6:45 PM
7:10 PM
7:35 PM
8:00 PM

Here is 6/24
FastPass+ Times
10:00 AM
10:50 AM
11:05 AM
11:30 AM
2:40 PM
3:05 PM
3:50 PM
4:15 PM
4:55 PM
5:25 PM
5:45 PM
6:15 PM
6:45 PM
7:00 PM
7:40 PM
8:00 PM
Not everyone can book in advance and the capacity is higher.

PorterRedkey

It's one of 3 4DX theatre in the country so if you ever come out to Disneyland for a trip make sure to see a movie there, it's next to the Staples Center :)

I fixed it for you.
4DX theater is the United States:

Regal Union Square Stadium 14 850 Broadway, New York 10003
Marcus, Gurnee Mills Cinema 6144 Grand Ave. Gurnee, IL 60031 (Chicago area)
AEG, Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 800 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, California

Father Robinson

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere yet, but anyone have the scoop on if Jerry Goldsmith's theme will remain in the new version? I know when they revamp things they usually change everything, and I guess a new theme if done right could be a breath of fresh air (no pun intended), but I'd be sad to see the original music go.

Wikkler

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere yet, but anyone have the scoop on if Jerry Goldsmith's theme will remain in the new version? I know when they revamp things they usually change everything, and I guess a new theme if done right could be a breath of fresh air (no pun intended), but I'd be sad to see the original music go.
The score is going to be based on it, but it's just not possible to keep the original score with a new roster of places.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The video below does have music, and the little part we're hearing sounds far from the original Jerry Goldsmith one. I doubt it's just filler music.

That music in that video is filler music. It is pre-existing music produced by a company that does music for hire. The new music is being composed by Bruce Broughton and will be influenced by the original score.

No Name

That music in that video is filler music. It is pre-existing music produced by a company that does music for hire. The new music is being composed by Bruce Broughton and will be influenced by the original score.

Oh, well that is good to know. Thanks. I'm sure this was discussed a few pages back but of course I didn't read closely. Well then, I'm happy that the song will be close to the original.

Wonder why they chose that filler music rather than the real new music or pieces of the Jerry Goldsmith original. Is the new music not finalized yet? I'm sure it doesn't mean anything of importance, it's just odd.

dstrawn9889

Oh, well that is good to know. Thanks. I'm sure this was discussed a few pages back but of course I didn't read closely. Well then, I'm happy that the song will be close to the original.

Wonder why they chose that filler music rather than the real new music or pieces of the Jerry Goldsmith original. Is the new music not finalized yet? I'm sure it doesn't mean anything of importance, it's just odd.
probably wasnt ready at that time

Cmdr_Crimson

I just wanted to point out that they announced that Soarin is coming to Tokyo Disney Sea Meditteranian Harbor section and yet again it blows away with the Theming Aspect that will never see in a US Disney park..
ChCIZl9VEAARS9w.jpg
2016042704.jpg

Brian Swan

I'm guessing that they are intentionally "holding" it to premier with the film. Granted, the last reel of "Fantasia" was finished literally hours before the premier (and flown to NYC to be spliced in in the projection booth), but I think the new film was "in the can" quite a long time ago, just waiting for the premier.

No Name

Soarin' is coming to Tokyo!!!

Really great news all around for the Tokyo resort today. It sems like this is replacing the previously announced Frozen ride and land, which is surprising, but I'm fine it. While Soarin is a clone, the press release interestingly says that it'll include original scenes, and this fits the park better than a Frozen port, I really do think.

The concept art follows the classic style, but oh wow, look at that ride vehicle! It totally reminds me of the recent "don't be a settler" DirecTV commercials. I don't get it and I don't think it's historically accurate to anything at all (expect for maybe the look of a time period), but it's unique. It's original. And I like it.

And most importantly, the ride is spelt correctly (without the g). Oriental Land Company once again proves that they know what they're doing. It says "tentative name," so don't change it on me OLC! The whole announcement and change of plans is exciting, I just hope the plans don't get scaled down.

Mike S

Really great news all around for the Tokyo resort today. It sems like this is replacing the previously announced Frozen ride and land, which is surprising, but I'm fine it. While Soarin is a clone, the press release interestingly says that it'll include original scenes, and this fits the park better than a Frozen port, I really do think.

The concept art follows the classic style, but oh wow, look at that ride vehicle! It totally reminds me of the recent "don't be a settler" DirecTV commercials. I don't get it and I don't think it's historically accurate to anything at all (expect for maybe the look of a time period), but it's unique. It's original. And I like it.

And most importantly, the ride is spelt correctly (without the g). Oriental Land Company once again proves that they know what they're doing. It says "tentative name," so don't change it on me OLC! The whole announcement and change of plans is exciting, I just hope the plans don't get scaled down.
A Frozen port wouldn't be a good fit? You do realize this is a park with an entire land for Little Mermaid right?

ToTBellHop

You are obsessed with the Soarin G. Which is ironic--2/3 of your name is G.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom