Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don't I'm afraid. Part of me says is it worth it for 3 weeks, knowing how the associated costs would go down, and part of me says the park needs either version asap.

Yeah that was my thought to. Cost vs need. Could be a good test of the 3rd theater usage before turning it all on June 17th but if I was betting based on trends lately my guess is it'll be down until then.

RSoxNo1

As Soarin' has always been tier 1, I have no reason to believe that it won't be when it reopens. No official announcements regarding Frozen, but the general assumption is that it will be tier 1 as well. It will be interesting to see what they do with the A&E M&G...
The reason it wouldn't be is that capacity is higher. It's possible Soarin' could be dropped to tier 2 when Frozen Ever After opens.

gmajew

When I checked this morning the ride says "Soarin- Opens June 17" compared to last nights "Soarin"...do you think this means fastpass opens june 17 as well?

I am suppose to be on property the 17th - 24th so I am getting ready to book my fastpass etc this weekend.... Hope they come online for that week.

msteel

Well said Flynn. Soarin's music followed successfully the tradition of musical excellence that made classic EPCOT attractions unique and spectacular. The heavy investment in EPCOT's early music still lives on -- and pays off-- today, even if many of the original attractions are long gone. Here's hoping the new Soarin' soundtrack is up to the task.

To me, the music (background music in particular) is one of the things that makes Disney theme parks so powerful. Compared to the contemporary pop music you find in all other amusement/theme parks I have been to, the music at Disney is more epic, and I am convinced it is one of the reasons I feel so happy when I am there.

sponono88

There's a theatre here in Los Angeles that has motion seats and all kinds of in-theatre effects like rain, air blasts, smoke, fog, and of course scents just like soarin'. In fact I just saw the new Jungle Book there. Going back and riding Soarin' after 4DX is a bit underwhelming, it just feels like it could be and should be more. I'm hoping the new Around the World movie brings more than just a new film, maybe new effects or at least a little more range of motion but i'm not holding my breath. I'm also a bit bummed that DCA is losing another California themed attraction.. at least it'll be a great fit for EPCOT.

It's the only 4DX theatre in the country so if you ever come out to Disneyland for a trip make sure to see a movie there, it's next to the Staples Center :)

Unplugged

Was the original film digitized? If not, I doubt it will be returning. Not only that but the new ride has to be programmed.

Sounds like the false rumor mill troll machine at work.
My understanding from earlier discussions (too short on time to find it) was that the original film was digitized for California's projector upgrade a while back. So the software & video should be as simple as an upload with the new system in place.

I think opening early would be essentially the attractions "soft opening" as the queues will be different and the timing may vary with 3 theaters in place. Once they work out the kinks, which should be minimal, then the new film & motion gets loaded and it's off to the races.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom