Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

PixieBeth

@Rteetz please tell your source that my vote is to reopen with the old film. :) Our trip ends June 13th so I've been having a pity party since the 17th was announced. I'm sure I'll see the new film eventually, was just really hoping to see it this trip. Better old Soarin' than no Soarin'. I'll stop whining now...

Last edited:

Rteetz

@Rteetz please tell your source that my vote is to reopen with the old film. :) Our trip ends June 13th so I've been having a pity party since the 17th was announced. I'm sure I'll see the new film eventually, was just really hoping to see it this trip. Better old Soarin' than no Soarin'. I'll stop whining now...
My source doesn't have any say in the matter.

matt9112

I have a source that says its ready. The whole reasons it's not opening with the new film until June 17th is because of Shanghai.

is the waiting area and such all new or no change or minor ect? any idea? i know they did some changes but how much?

No Name

Hmm, yet the Disney Parks Blog says for WDW and DL the name will be Soarin' Over The World. Maybe don't get yourself in an uproar over nothing until you know what's going on. Just sayin'. :cool:

Ummm, I know that that is the name for the US attractions, and that Shanghai's is the one with the g. And I believe the first sentence of my post made that clear:
Okay, so I just relooked at the name of the attraction coming to Shanghai.
Even if it weren't entirely clear to you, there's certainly no need for such a sassy and rude comment.

I think it is just about how native Chinese speakers would pronounce the word. The bigger crime is that they just get the cooler name. Soarin' Over the Horizon is so much better than Soarin' Around the World.

I get that part, it's a pronunciation thing, but Soarin' is the name. It's the IP. It's the brand. They are, in a way, devaluing their own attraction name (and brand, and IP, and whatever we want to call it) by just spelling it as Soaring.

I'll probably just choose to call it Soarin' and pretend the g doesn't exist.

How do you feel about it being nicknamed "Horizons"? o_O

Well, actually as Lazyboy said, it's a much cooler name. It has a better flow to it, a more mystifying feeling. It sounds neat. The attraction is nicknamed "Soaring" (uuugh), but "horizon" is only part of the extended title.

So yeah, while I don't love it, I also don't think the word needs to be retired from usage in attractions, especially ones that aren't even in the same country as Horizons was. The great name of Shanghai's ride makes up for the word being used.

Mawg

You at least have an option with TT. It has a single rider line so if the standby gets too long you can split up and ride it that way quicker. So for the first year or so, I'd go with the Soarin FP.
TT line will eventually be non-existent. Once Frozen opens, everyone will be in line for Frozen or over in Germany drinking because they need to put out of their minds that they just wasted 6 hours of their time in line or somewhere drinking because Disney destroyed Epcot. TT will be a walk on.

ToTBellHop

TT line will eventually be non-existent. Once Frozen opens, everyone will be in line for Frozen or over in Germany drinking because they need to put out of their minds that they just wasted 6 hours of their time in line or somewhere drinking because Disney destroyed Epcot. TT will be a walk on.
Unfortunately, not that many people will actually get to ride Frozen.

*Q*

Would it be safe to say that there is no variability? Or might it have 12 scenes, but more options than that allow for differences each showing?

(I'm ignoring the final scene being the "resort you are in" which will obviously be different between locations.)

Hoping it's Epcot. Or, going back to my question, maybe it can alternate between the two.

I hope it's Epcot, too. As for variable ride scenes, I'm sure Disney would be plugging the hell out of that if that were a thing.

If it's anything like the score to SSE 07. I won't be impressed.

I thought was actually a bright spot for the most part. The problem is that the big opportunity for the score in that ride is the finale, and Broughton wasn't really given much to chew on there.

jt04

Not if it gets reimagined.

Next Big Thing

If it "soft opens", i'd expect the attraction to just be open again with the old film before switching over on the 17th. Shanghai has exclusivity - i'm pretty sure they can't show it in the states until SHDL opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom