New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

note2001

Well, this might explain part of the delay:
Alice4.jpg

or not ;)

hpyhnt 1000

Oy, what a mess. A few thoughts:
  • Still don't understand why the other nighttime offerings don't debut as scheduled. The night safaris, ToL show, and street party zones all sound appealing and would be enough to extend hours into the evening.
  • Given the limited time frame, I can't imagine a Jungle Book themed interim show would be anything more than some movie clips paired with a few jumping fountains. Not sure that would even be impressive enough to watch.
  • If there is talk of an interim show, I'm thinking any problems are much more serious than initially thought. Hard to believe Disney would go through the effort of a temp show for a 45-60 day delay (assuming a June opening).
  • Given this news along with the rumored problems/delays with Frozstrom at Epcot, seems WDW decided to hit the snooze button rather than "Awaken" on time.

doctornick

I think a small scale temp show (even if it is just clips on a mist screen and maybe some modest "fountains") based on Jungle Book would be a good option if it gets the park open later and allows the other nighttime offerings to run. It would actually help to spread out the pent up demand a bit for the night time stuff.

wdizneew

The scariest thing about this interim show is that if it is just "good enough" and can be shown nightly, then they will probably just scrap the effort to fix whatever is delaying the actual RoL show and then we'll be stuck with this interim show for years to come....oh and they will try to shoehorn every Disney movie coming soon as short clips/ads like they do now in World of Color (i.e. Avatar 2-6, Star Wars, Jungle Book 2, Finding Dory, Frozen 2, Zootopia 2?)....

That's my pessimism kicking in..... :(

jrhwdw

Just stopped by to mention... Heard the phrase "Back to the Drawing Board" in a meeting today..

Don't shoot the messenger.
I HOPE that doesn't mean ALL of ROL is "Back to the Drawing Board!!! If it is, that should get out to the public media and HEADS SHOULD ROLL!! Along with a few heads over at TDA for the stuff DLR's been pulling:

Soundsational not running Mon-Thurs, No PPP during Food and Wine, SWL inconveniencing ROA and F! and the dropping of the opening song in WOC: WD!

Can't be all because of SDL, DLR is better than this! WDW too, however i don't live in FL so I don't know the extent of the ROL Fiasco.

Sorry, not been a good April! Hopefully they'll be some GOOD NEWS SOON!!! That interim show is a start IF it stays "interim"

SirLink

Still not opening in April. Still having serious issues. Internally, the target is July 4th. But, that's a hopeful guess. They won't really know until they are quite close to opening and have all of the bugs worked out. They are not quite close to opening as there is a bug infestation.

At least we know that after 60 years, Disney has perfected the construction of bleachers.

Actually reminds me of Pooh Honey Hunt launch WDI had loads of issues with the software placement. OLC paid for upgrades from outside of Disney. Same this wasn't opening where a third party could bring in its own software crew to fix some of the software, ay....

note2001

Just stopped by to mention... Heard the phrase "Back to the Drawing Board" in a meeting today..

Don't shoot the messenger.
No shooting here. We all learn from our failures, Disney is no exception. In fact I take the fact that they tried to do something NEW that no one else had done as a good thing even though it may take some rework. I love it when Disney innovates :)

TTA94

Any idea when this Interim show would launch? I have a feeling that July 4th rumor just got pushed to the fall.. If then.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom