no 24hr party this year?

NowInc

I can't imagine them making any real money on this type of event. My guess is the overnight hours are full of Cast Members and there friends just using the park as a hangout.

The overnight hours are especially crowded, and only a small fraction are cast members. The lines for concessions (especially star bucks) are constantly long for almost the entire event. They wouldn't risk the nightmare logistical situations these events bring if it didnt make them a worthy profit.

intheATL

My daughter (22) and I (42) have to been to all four of the 24 hr events AND have stayed awake for all of them - NO napping! Zero! None!We do have really crazy schedules normally so it honestly doesn't affect us, in fact we had a BLAST while other folks were passed out along side buildings and/or zoned out on their phones!

Having been to all of the events at WDW, I have never encountered the chaos that people speak of. Not saying I don't believe it, but perhaps it was going on in a different corner of the park? To me it didn't feel any more crowded than any other beautiful early summer day. But we had a great strategy - ride ride ride the key things from 6am to 11am then take it easy, nice leisurely lunch at the Plaza followed by lots of shopping! By then we've digested so it's time for dessert! It's now midday, the hordes have arrived, so time to use our FP+s! Then, hit the things that have lower waits (TTA, Carousel, Phil, HoP, CBJ...) About midnight we found lines for many things had really dwindled and were bearable and stayed that way through the rest of the night. At 2am we hit Starbucks and waited about 10 min. Not bad considering pretty much any Starbucks in Atlanta I wait longer than that on a normal day.:)

Anyway, we are crossing our fingers for #5! We're going that week regardless. I think the announcement last year was around March 11, so here's hoping!

habuma

Didn't help that it was opening day for the majority of the 60th anniversary stuff.

This was the big issue: 24 hour party + a bunch of new shows = a crazy park.

I was there. Slept in a bit, but entered the park at around 9:30am or so and it was nuts on Main Street. Already at that time of the morning, there were already people claiming their spots along Main Street for Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night. Fortunately, those people stayed on Main Street and the rest of the park, although busy, was mostly tolerable (aside from the one incredibly rude woman who *literally* knocked over my daughter trying to get a better spot for Fantasmic! I spoke with a CM about her and he had a discussion with her that resulted in her losing that precious spot).

We didn't get to see Disneyland Forever from the prime spot on Main Street (had to settle for the Fantasmic viewing area), but we got a reasonably good spot for the 1am Paint the Night. Going to try to see both from even better spots in a few months.

threvester

They recently moved the morning extra magic hour from Tuesday the 24th to Friday the 27th..
Unless they will be open for 25 hours (or only resort guests get the whole 24) the 27th is not the day

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I've been to the 24 hour events for the past three years and the only one that I truly found wonderful was Monstrous Summer in 2013. I hope it does return because I think the concept of a full day in the parks is fantastic, but if they're going to I hope it's executed much better than the event was last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom