no 24hr party this year?

NowInc

Do we really know if the 24 hour parties are a actually major money-maker? I always figured that most of the people showing up are APs who aren't paying admission, and the staffing is likely a real operational drain. I was under the impression Disney did them more for the publicity.

Captive audience. Most people don't leave because they know they'll have a difficult (even impossible) chance of getting back in. Food sales are higher than normal (especially starbucks). The event exclusive merch also sells out fast every year.

Sdr69

When did they announce it officially last year? Memorial Day weekend is still about 2 months away.
Last year it was announced on March 11. The year before it was announced Feb 27 or 28. We have been to the 24 hour event the last several years and it has been the Friday before Memorial Day. Hopefully this year as well.

Crazydisneyfanluke

2013 was April 25, 30 days ahead
It could be released at the ROL media event. As a way to say "To kick of summer, and our new entertainment this summer, (insert date friday before memorial day) the magic kingdom will be open for 24hrs to celebrate summer and our new offerings. THe new forecourt stage show, which will debut on the same day." Blah blah blah.
I wouldnt be suprised if the new star wars show and maelzon kicks off then as well.

Last edited:

alissafalco

Last year it was announced on March 11. The year before it was announced Feb 27 or 28. We have been to the 24 hour event the last several years and it has been the Friday before Memorial Day. Hopefully this year as well.
hmm if that's the case I'm thinking its not happening.

The90skid

That's so going to be my new "code phrase" next time I need to tell someone I need to excuse myself to the restroom".... "excuse me, I need to take a spin on Mr. Pooh's Wild Ride!"
That was so juevenile that it was perfect. You made me physically laugh out loud! 10/10 performance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom