Celebrating 15 years of California Adventure

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think Mater's is a cute ride. I'm very sorry now I never got to see the limo ride, and I know watching on you tube just won't do it justice. I'll have to live with the disappointment.:cry:;):)

Phroobar

Are you guys kidding? I still have nightmares over the hooker Cher figure.

limo_cher2001tm.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

Any idea when I'm going to stop asking questions that begin with, "Any idea"?

I've emailed MiceAge about it; hoping they cover it in the next update. ;)

So it won't be its own land? I also read a rumor that "Marvel land" will extend from the expansion pad, wrapping around TOT and taking over the Hollywood backlot as well. Have you heard anything of this?

Last I heard it was still going with the "Marvel Studios" angle, but that might have changed. Wrapping around TOT behind Hyperion is prohibitive due to the backstage access road. Haven't heard much about site plans recently, so not sure what the current plot is.

dweezil78

I think that is more the lack of any single vision for the park. $1 billion in glitz and glitter isn't what creates a lasting emotional experience. The park still lacks a heart and its vision is not much more than an expensive amusement park of franchises.

Totally agree... BUT, in the park's defense, I will also say this -- we are not children, or at least as far as I can tell. (Maybe at heart we are, but you know what I mean.) DCA will never have the same kind of emotional connection to us that the MK parks, EPCOT, etc, may have had to many of us. While it's true that Disneyland (and WDW's MK for that matter) has a special something that can't quite be put into words, I would bet that 20 years from now there are plenty of children growing up today who will look back back at their DCA experiences and consider them magical and full of emotion.

dweezil78

If Superstar Limo were still around today, it would be Disney's one true cult ride.

People would go on it (stoned) late at night, dressed in early 2000s fashions and throw toast at the plastic figures.

It would be amazing.

Possibly... but I feel like it only has cult-like status because it was so short lived and suffered a very early extinction compared to most attractions. If it was still around today, it's quite possible no one would care and would avoid it like the plague. (i.e. 'Ellen's Energy Adventure')

Figments Friend

If you enjoy paying $100 to go on a kiddie mall train with some oversized food sets and a few Glade plug-ins. Difference is, the mall train lasts a little longer and you don't ever have to wait in line. ;)

When i rode last year, which was for the first time for Heimlich, i was jipped - NO scents!!
So alas, even the Glade plus-ins did'nt enhance this.

'kiddie mall train' is sadly a very good description.
:D

-

Figments Friend

All this talk about 'Superstar Limo' makes me want to see what all the hubub is about.
( runs off to YouTube....braces self for the worst....)

Edit - ( post-viewing )
Well, i survived.
I will say this - there was a heck of lot more to see during the ride through then what is currently there now.
Seeing all the then-contemporary 'stars' as characterized figures made me think of Marty Sklar's quote regarding not following trends because like the word, they 'end'.

Here's two videos worth checking out for those curious about this extinct Attraction -

This one covers the ride itself, and the scenery within in decent picture quality -

This one is slightly lower grade picture quality, but includes the outside and full interior queue.

-

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, I mean, maybe Superstar Limo could have been redesigned/"improved" but retained the same theme. Instead, it becomes another Pixar ride that doesn't remotely fit the theme of the area? I mean, I don't dislike Monsters Inc. (though I would prefer Superstar Limo), but what the heck?

Disney Analyst

But let's just agree... Placement aside... The Monsters Inc. Dark Ride is FAR better then Superstar Limo.... It's actually an enjoyable ride... And it gave DCA a good dark ride boost when it needed it... Disney can now afford to plan ahead about what they want to do with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom