Celebrating 15 years of California Adventure

George Lucas on a Bench

The park really grew on me. I would miss getting drunk at Carthay Circle and stumbling down Hollywood Pictures Backlot to Tower of Terror, after stopping for another drink and having a smoke at Mad T Party while the band plays that song ''Everybody Talks'' and lamenting the replacement of Superstar Limo. I'm serious!

lazyboy97o

The biggest issue with DCA is the lack of E tickets. Some of the ones that are there can be pretty meh by Disney standards and lack that Disney magic. I'm looking at you, Grizzly River and Screamin'! Okay, RSR, TOT and Soarin' are good. But what else is there? There certainly isn't a Superstar Limo!
I'll say it, E-Tickets are over-rated and have warped park design for the worse. Multiple, smaller experiences can provided a greater sum. Central Florida is full of marquee experiences but very little gets close to the experiential richness and emotional resonance of Disneyland.

George Lucas on a Bench

You could be right. But DCA is also severely lacking in good A-D tickets. That's where DL excels, with dark rides, flats that are oozing with charm and those warm fuzzy Disney feelings, the railroad, the Rivers of America and hole-in-the-wall attractions such as the Castle Walkthrough and Lincoln. DCA has some super charming stuff like the Red Car, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train and the Golden Zephyr, but the rest is pretty crappy as far as I'm concerned.

Curious Constance

You could be right. But DCA is also severely lacking in good A-D tickets. That's where DL excels, with dark rides, flats that are oozing with charm and those warm fuzzy Disney feelings, the railroad, the Rivers of America and hole-in-the-wall attractions such as the Castle Walkthrough and Lincoln. DCA has some super charming stuff like the Red Car, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train and the Golden Zephyr, but the rest is pretty crappy as far as I'm concerned.
You did not just include Heimlich's Chew Chew Train in that list.

Curious Constance

100% agree. There are thrill rides and kiddie rides at DCA -- very few "family" rides with depth that everyone can enjoy (and last more than 1 minute) evenly on the level of Small World, Pirates, HM, Fantasyland dark rides, etc. We're pretty much limited to Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc. for those at DCA and well, you know how that goes. :)
Which is why my husband tries to go on Mermaid over and over lol.

mickEblu

MiceAge has consistently reported this one accurately. It will go in the expansion pad behind Tower of Terror as an extension of Hollywood Land.

So it won't be its own land? I also read a rumor that "Marvel land" will extend from the expansion pad, wrapping around TOT and taking over the Hollywood backlot as well. Have you heard anything of this?

mickEblu

Which is why my husband tries to go on Mermaid over and over lol.

I think both are good quality dark rides but the biggest thing they both suffer from is their pacing. I don't understand why Monsters Inc. in particular couldn't have been faster paced.

Without even getting into sets, storylines, lighting etc. A good pace with tighter turns can go a long way in making it feel like your in the action and not watching a book report

George Lucas on a Bench

I think both are good quality dark rides but the biggest thing they both suffer from is their pacing. I don't understand why Monsters Inc. in particular couldn't have been faster paced.

Without even getting into sets, storylines, lighting etc. A good pace with tighter turns can go a long way in making it feel like your in the action and not watching a book report

Because it was meant to be an awkward limo ride past Cher and Regis, not a thrilling chase through monster land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom