News New security measures

matt9112

This is great news re scanners and K9 teams! I've been waiting for this a long time!

I do, however, hope the uniformed police presence does not extend to inside of the parks. Undercover police are great in the parks, uniformed Disney security is great in the parks, but uniformed police should probably remain only at the security checkpoints and backstage awaiting calls from Disney security / undercover police.

Also, I hope the security checkpoint perimeters are set up so that you have to go through them to get to the transportation areas (to board buses, monorails, boats).

woah woah you cant have your cake and eat it too....you cant wish for more safetyz and cringe at the sight of MP5s at the turnstiles.

god the world is really burning....everyone is willing to throw everything away for safety. there will be nothing left to secure.

TeriofTerror

toy guns create an unsafe place right? and wrong...if security becomes top priority we would all sit in bubbles 24/7 if we give everything up for security why even have said security we already lost?
Well... toy guns have sadly proven to be unsafe for the poor children toting them.
To be clear: that is not a slam on the kids or the toy guns. It's just a mom worrying because some jerk might be sneaking his weapon into a theme park (again), and my child might be committing the unpardonable crime of wearing a hoodie, or something.

matt9112

Well... toy guns have sadly proven to be unsafe for the poor children toting them.
To be clear: that is not a slam on the kids or the toy guns. It's just a mom worrying because some jerk might be sneaking his weapon into a theme park (again), and my child might be committing the unpardonable crime of wearing a hoodie, or something.

to be clear most of the incidents involving foul use of toy guns involved pointing and aiming at police. (often in rough areas) if i have a toy gun thats all fine and well but if a cop says drop it...i drop it quick as lightning.

GrumpyFan

IF this is true, I think it would go a long way for both them and the public, for them to get ahead of it in the press, on property, online and in the advance media that is sent out, to wage a mass marketing campaign fully describing their plans and why they're upgrading their visible security.
Something like, "due to increased safety concerns, and under advisement of DHS, we are making sweeping changes to further protect our guests and ensure that every day at our parks is as magical as possible".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom