News New security measures

Next Big Thing

I saw this as well from Intercot. Here's what they had to say on it:

Among the changes:
  • You'll be going thru walk thru scanners similar to the airport along with wand security. Universal was already doing this at Halloween Horror Nights.
  • More uniformed and armed police along with K-9 teams
Other in park rule changes:
  • No more toy guys being sold
  • No masks for guests 14 and older

Clamman73

Would it still be a bag check by security and also walk through a scanner? Wondering what do you do with the bag while going through a scanner or are they going to have a bag scanner like an airport.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If I were to be a gun toting terrorist.... Why would I walk through the front gate.... When there are hundreds of entry points where I can pose as almost anything and get onsite?

I think this is yet another 'show them something...'

Does anyone think it would be that hard for someone to simply get hired to work there and do something after simply getting backstage?

This kind of stuff isn't going to do anything to stop the determined... Only the irrational stupid ones. I bet they fear ex employees more than isis

Marc Davis Fan

This is great news re scanners and K9 teams.

I do, however, hope the uniformed police presence does not extend to inside of the parks. Undercover police are great in the parks, uniformed Disney security is great in the parks, but uniformed police should probably remain only at the security checkpoints and backstage awaiting calls from Disney security / undercover police.

Also, I hope the security checkpoint perimeters are set up so that you have to go through them to get to the transportation areas (to board buses, monorails, boats).

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

Honestly surprised we didn't see wands and scanners of some kind happen sooner, though pleasantly surprised that it hadn't.

I just feel there is something "wrong" (for lack of a better term) about having to walk through an entire security apparatus to enter a public place that is meant to be fun and carefree. I know it's for all of our safety, but at a certain point...

That's all I'll say on this.

Brad Bishop

If I were to be a gun toting terrorist.... Why would I walk through the front gate.... When there are hundreds of entry points where I can pose as almost anything and get onsite?

Does anyone think it would be that hard for someone to simply get hired to work there and do something after simply getting backstage?

This kind of stuff isn't going to do anything to stop the determined... Only the irrational stupid ones. I bet they fear ex employees more than isis

Since 9/11 not a single Grandma in depends has taken down a plane. It's working!

Next Big Thing

Honestly surprised we didn't see wands and scanners of some kind happen sooner, though pleasantly surprised that it hadn't.

I just feel there is something "wrong" (for lack of a better term) about having to walk through an entire security apparatus to enter a public place that is meant to be fun and carefree. I know it's for all of our safety, but at a certain point...

It's not a public place though. TWDC is just looking out for their own behind with this move.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

Exactly! Having scanners does not stop attacks while in line, at resorts, on the monorail, busses, boats, Disney Springs, etc etc. If they want to do harm by guns, bombs, knives, chemicals, etc etc they will find a way regardless of any extra security that is in place. :cyclops:
Just need to live our lives and not let fear rule us. :)

donsullivan

Premium Member
It's unfortunate that it had to get to this but when you have 'stupid/selfish' guests continuing to attempt to get guns into the parks they are forced to do something, Too many people out there do not believe that anyone has a right to tell them what to do, even on private property and insist they have a 'right' take bring there gun wherever they want. Disney is left with no other choice but to both protect the guests as well as themselves but to step it up to this level.

raymusiccity

I agree with all those who are in favor of heightened security. I don't think a venue that charges $100 to get in, really qualifies as a 'public place'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom