The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Oh it's probably just me. I just don't like it...and part of it is also that in the Bible story, there are the wisemen and the shepherds, but no drummer boy, so it's also not historically accurate. That song just bothers me. Do you hear what I hear isn't creepy...I just don't like it.
technically, there are a carpola amount of songs that do not even fit the christmas.
Even santa Claus (the coca cola inspired ) songs arent "christmas" per se.

Cesar R M

Here's something funny. My father never cooked anything in the kitchen; only my mother cooked. However, my non-cooking father would "magically" :rolleyes: transform into a cook every summer--only he cooked on the outdoor grill for the family. I could never understand how he could not as much as boil water in the kitchen, but could cook steaks, fish, ribs, burgers, corn and other things on the outdoor grill in the summer??!! :confused: :D
its a manly man thing! ;)

betty rose

Here's something funny. My father never cooked anything in the kitchen; only my mother cooked. However, my non-cooking father would "magically" :rolleyes: transform into a cook every summer--only he cooked on the outdoor grill for the family. I could never understand how he could not as much as boil water in the kitchen, but could cook steaks, fish, ribs, burgers, corn and other things on the outdoor grill in the summer??!! :confused: :D
You were lucky, my dad hated grilled and smoky foods. So I had neither. Maybe it was my dad's way to never cook.:eek::rolleyes:

Cesar R M

Just in case there is any interest... I just posted Day 2 on the Saget thraed instead of here. Sorry... old age I guess. Any succeeding adventure posts will return to Chit Chat.
you can always click on EDIT on the sage thread.. SELECT ALL in the edit box ( by pressing CONTROL + A )then copy (control + c).
then get to the chit chat thread.. and in the reply area.. paste the copied text (press CONTROL + V )

betty rose

That's very interesting, and I'm happy to say I'll never have one! :p Think I'll just stick with the Mission brand; I figure they have enough massas in their factory, so that I don't need to go out and buy one. ;)

Actually, I'm all "cooked out" from the past 4 days--pumpkin bread, cranberry chutney, and a few turkey (legs) dinner with veggies for hubby and me. Yesterday, I heated up the leftovers.

Enough is enough. I'm DONE in the kitchen for some time now! :hilarious: :D
I understand that. I'm trying out recipes for Christmas, but after the New Year, it's frozen veggies for me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wanted to say something about Iceland, but, I was afraid that I might offend someone that has a connection or even lives there (why is beyond me) so I will steal a line from Ron White and alter it slightly to read... If you ever get the opportunity to travel to Iceland.... Don't. Maybe it was because I hate cold weather or am not particularly fond of living on what is essentially an active volcano or just the dismal way the terminal at the airport looked and operated, but, absolutely nothing about the place made me think, gee, I must spend more time here. On the cruise back to the states they were pushing Iceland tourism to a very high degree. Both in cruise availability and lectures about the wonders of horseback riding through the frozen tundra that could explode at any moment. (I added that last part) :joyfull:

I think that horseback riding through frozen tundra sounds like big fun! You know . . . years down the road you'll regret that you never did that when you had the opportunity . . . ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just in case there is any interest... I just posted Day 2 on the Saget thraed instead of here. Sorry... old age I guess. Any succeeding adventure posts will return to Chit Chat.

Thank you for letting us know. I'll be happy to check it out on the other thread. The more people on various threads that read your TR, the merrier!! Tis the season to share and be jolly after all !! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom