The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think this is the main complain, because many runners who are not supposed to be with the pros, still go with the pros and block the way.. aka not going to the correct corrals.

There are all sorts of cheaters. Still Disney and other official races have found ways to seriously curb this. Your times submitted are no longer on the honesty basis their are official times submitted now so no more photoshopping for proof. They changed these rules back in 2013 so for 2 years the way bibs are handed out, the chips in the bibs and the numbering of the bibs along with the honesty mats make it difficult to cheat and not get banned from races. Those little chips retain your start time and finish time along with along the way on the honesty mats.

Gabe1

Well, just be quiet so that you don't wake up Walt! :hilarious:

Ha! He really doesn't like being disturbed. I let him out after he woke me up, I tend to let him out the front door at night for a variety of reasons. So here is me, in my jammies, robe, someone else's shoes by front door, threw a blanket from the couch over my shoulders and outside at 2 in the morning I went with Walt. He doesn't leave my property but I didn't notice he didn't have his collar on. And off he goes on a mad dash off the property heading well into my neighbors yard and still going. I can't call him, it is the middle of the night so I'm trying to catch up to him in some huge shoes and my cape blanket and I am freak'n freezing.

We get back in the house he climbs back in bed and there I am...AWAKE and frozen. Good thing I love him.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
There are all sorts of cheaters. Still Disney and other official races have found ways to seriously curb this. Your times submitted are no longer on the honesty basis their are official times submitted now so no more photoshopping for proof. They changed these rules back in 2013 so for 2 years the way bibs are handed out, the chips in the bibs and the numbering of the bibs along with the honesty mats make it difficult to cheat and not get banned from races. Those little chips retain your start time and finish time along with along the way on the honesty mats.
You'd think it would be easier to just issue everyone MagicBands and, wiith a few well placed sensors, they could track everone throughout the course.... :hilarious:

Gabe1

That really does make sense, and will make a difference in the amount of trash (plastic bags) thrown out. I actually have a few reusable (sort of plastic) bags that the supermarkets sell here for a very reasonable price. The problem is, I usually forget to bring them with me! :rolleyes:

That is me too I always forget the bags, I have plenty and they are in a nice box in the back of my truck. Still I like the grocery bags 'cause I reuse them, I walk Walt ya know and we know what they do on their walks. So if I didn't have the grocery bags I'd have to buy the rolls of doggy bags. At least these get used twice.

Gabe1

The gingerbread house is very pretty to see in person. I do like the gingerbread carousel in the Beach Club better, probably because it moves and I like carousels. Unfortunately that wasn't up yet.

I think hubby would make a good Dapper Dan too, and he has a good singing voice. He is quite musical, he even taught himself how to play the ukulele.

As for favorite Food and Wine Festival foods my favorites were: Korean short ribs, warm chocolate cake with irish cream sauce, steak with chimichurri, and the nitro chocolate truffle. My new favorite non-festival item was the duo au chocolate at the Boulangerie in France. That chocolate covered ball of white and chocolate mousse was heaven on a plate.

Duly noted! Been loving your photos.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
After having such a long weekend, I feel like this full week upcoming is going to be painful. Oh well...
latest

catmom46

I'm still really behind, as I don't have a Keurig, or can opener. Just the hand held kind. Maybe, next year I can move ahead with an automatic can opener!:eek:;)

I have the manual can opener that takes the whole lid off, so there aren't any sharp edges. I don't understand the need for an automatic opener (EDIT: although having read other posts now, I can see how some people could benefit :)).

I love the single-serve coffee machines, though! Cuisinart is good. Using the reusable filters to save the environment, of course. :D

Last edited:

brb1006

So is there concept art or early sketches of the kittens Marie,Toulouse, and Berlioz from Disney's 1970 film The Aristocats? I'm curious to see early character designs for the kittens including Marie or even sketches. I was already interested when I see early character designs for Jiminy and Pinocchio. The sketches for the kittens have got to be hidden somewhere in the Disney Archives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom