The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

We have leftovers yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tonight is good old turkey sandwiches. Tomorrow BBQ. Sunday turkey stew. I lucked out with the nice weather some of the 20 something cousins didn't show as they went to the parade in the city and then out with their friends. Needless to say their parents weren't happy. I'm freezing some of the extras to play around with later. The only veggie that's left is salad LOL so it looks like I may have to cook later. Who knew brussels sprouts would be popular:confused: Everybody had a bit of meat but the sides really went this year as did the gravy from the smoked turkey.
thats a lot of turkey days :O

French Quarter

My DD and I glom up green bean casserole too. I don't care for boxed stuffing but I agree with the sage, most people put in way too much and it isn't pleasant. I do an Irish version of stuffing that is very moist and sage is not one of the ingredients.

Green bean casserole isn't part of a traditional Canadian Thanksgiving but it is so tasty. Maybe I will incorporate it into our Christmas dinner.

French Quarter

For the most part Canadians make poutine better than what we call poutine down here. I don't know if it the type of gravy and the cheese ratio or what. Most of what I've had here in the states is a glop of gravy and a glop of cheese smothering the fries. The Canadians seem to be more artful with the drizzling of gravy and cheese, more artfully.

I think a lot of it has to do with the gravy. Heavy beef or pork gravies are a no no. And the sauce should have vinegar or another souring agent. It should also be a thinner gravy so that it goes all through the fries. You don't want all the toppings just sitting atop the fries but everything blended together.

French Quarter

Just curious--what did not like about it?

I enjoyed what I saw of the parade (I was back and forth between the kitchen and livingroom, so I missed a lot of it). I love the marching bands, and the flying balloons like Snoopy and Spiderman (to name a few) were so much fun to see. Basically, I think it's a very happy holiday tradition and I can't tell you how many years I've tuned in on Thanksgiving morning.

Unfortunately, I missed the performance of the Rockettes, as I have always enjoyed their precision and pretty costumes.

Did you see any of the Broadway play segments? Some of them were great, I thought. My favorite was "On Your Feet" about the background of Gloria Estafan. There was some really peppy musical numbers and dancing. I'd love to see that show.

I'm with you. I have only watched a little bit of it yesterday and will watch the rest tonight. But what I saw was great. I thought the Broadway singers that I heard were great and I love the big floats.

StarWarsGirl

(O.k. Idiot disclaimer here . . . how does a Fitbit help someone to lose weight? I thought those things just tracked running mileage. Do they do more than that?)
It's connected to your smartphone, so it sends you reminders about how you're doing. It tracks your steps, how well you're sleeping, and you can set goals and it keeps track of your progress. I think he also has a scale that is connected to his Fitbit. For some, it's a way to stay motivated, as well as aware of how much exercise and sleep you're getting

betty rose

This seems to always be true for us no matter who we order from but especially Amazon. They will say it will be here in a week and it's here in like 2 days using just the normal free shipping. I'm not complaining though.
Amazon is amazing how fast they get things to our area. Other places, takes forever , at least two or three weeks, and UPS often destroy's what is inside. I think they drop kick the package from the truck!

betty rose

Yes that does taste yummy. Around here, noodles aren't part of a traditional Thanksgiving meal at all. But I notice as I have been watching the American cooking shows that people seem to serve mac and cheese and lasagna and things along side the turkey dinner. Sounds delicious. Just not something we have done. Maybe it's the Italian influence down there in the States?
My family on my mother's side was german and they always had noodles for thanksgiving.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Amazon is amazing how fast they get things to our area. Other places, takes forever , at least two or three weeks, and UPS often destroy's what is inside. I think they drop kick the package from the truck!

I also ordered something from Amazon just 2 nights before Thanksgiving. It arrived on my porch today! I'm surprised because I just paid for the regular, standard shipping--not express or anything. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom