The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We also do freshly cut and go to the farm and cut it down ourselves. They aren't that expensive here. Every year I'm never sure how early I should put it up since we don't take it down until after Epiphany.

Up until about 12 years ago, hubby and I used to go to a tree farm out in the country, and they'd take the people on a hayride out to the trees, and you could cut down your own. We used to love that place; it was especially fun when there had been a snowstorm. I loved clomping around in the snowy woods to find just the perfect tree. :)

Their prices were reasonable, too. However, the owners of the (family-run) tree farm were getting quite elderly, and eventually had to sell the land. After that, we only went to a regular garden center close by us, and those trees are all pre-cut. I miss the original tree farm though, :( as that was our special place.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just use the dried stuffing cubes too. Sometimes our grocery store will take the old loaves of bread and chunk them up and sell them as stuffing cubes, which work well. I teased my husband this year, and I said I wasn't feeling like making homemade stuffing and we would just have Stovetop. He flipped out a little, he loves my (my mom's recipes) for stuffing. I must admit it was a little fun to watch him flip out a little.

Ha! :p That's funny!! People don't like it when you deviate from "their" favorite, Thanksgiving Day stuffing recipe!

After reading your comments and those of a few others here about stuffing, it dawned on me that one recipe is not necessarily better than another. Rather, I think the bottom line with stuffing is that you like what you GREW UP WITH. Whatever mom made, you'll always think that was the BEST stuffing, and you'll continue to seek that out for the rest of your life! We were talking about stuffing at work today, and everyone was insisting that their family's stuffing recipe was the very best! :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Great minds LOL I put the 4 pack in the cart just to see the look on my dh's face pure panic. I also threatened to do the precooked meal from Shoprite.

The supermarkets around here also sell the whole precooked Thanksgiving meal. It's a lot better than you might think. A few years ago, I bought one of those entire meals (serves 4) at Christmas, because I was having 4 people for Christmas dinner. There was plenty of food, and lots left over as well. It was really easy to heat up everything (they give you directions on how long to heat up the various items). I thought the supermarket did a great job, and I think the whole meal for 4 was about $45 (and they even included an apple pie for dessert).:hungry:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ha! :p That's funny!! People don't like it when you deviate from "their" favorite, Thanksgiving Day stuffing recipe!

After reading your comments and those of a few others here about stuffing, it dawned on me that one recipe is not necessarily better than another. Rather, I think the bottom line with stuffing is that you like what you GREW UP WITH. Whatever mom made, you'll always think that was the BEST stuffing, and you'll continue to seek that out for the rest of your life! We were talking about stuffing at work today, and everyone was insisting that their family's stuffing recipe was the very best! :D

I agree, the best stuffing is whatever you grow up with. In my husband's case though it isn't what his mom made but what my mom made! ;)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Okay folks, here are some day three pictures....

Started the day at AK
View attachment 120635

View attachment 120636

View attachment 120637

View attachment 120638
View attachment 120639

View attachment 120640

View attachment 120641

View attachment 120642
In the Harambe market area. Unfortunately, the food areas weren't open but if it had been we would have tried the curry battered sausages.
View attachment 120643

View attachment 120644

You caught some nice details in the AK pictures. By the way, I love the decorations on their Christmas tree!!

French Quarter

Up until about 12 years ago, hubby and I used to go to a tree farm out in the country, and they'd take the people on a hayride out to the trees, and you could cut down your own. We used to love that place; it was especially fun when there had been a snowstorm. I loved clomping around in the snowy woods to find just the perfect tree. :)

Their prices were reasonable, too. However, the owners of the (family-run) tree farm were getting quite elderly, and eventually had to sell the land. After that, we only went to a regular garden center close by us, and those trees are all pre-cut. I miss the original tree farm though, :( as that was our special place.

I know what you mean. It is always a special outing for our family.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Can anyone spot the hidden Mickey?
IMG_3395.JPG

Hubby thought this was a fun sign.
IMG_3396.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG
This was interesting too.

IMG_3406.JPG

Had to hop a bus back to the Swan, hubby forgot his Food and Wine passport and we wanted to get it stamped to get the free annual passholder port wine glass.
IMG_3411.JPG

IMG_3427.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG

Hidden remy at the France area.
IMG_3441.JPG

Vanilla and chocolate crème brulee and beef Bourguignon, both were very tasty.
IMG_3445.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom