The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

French Quarter

Good morning and happy Tuesday!!!!! I'm almost caught up, all the stuffing bread is baked so my house smells of bread. today is chopping and sauteing day so the house will smell like cooked veggies in a bit. I'm also going to get the last of the cleaning done. Sleep happens sometime late Thursday LOL

Do you bake a special bread with the herbs and spices all in for your stuffing? I had never thought to do this but at our Thanksgiving I noticed for the first time bread like this for sale at the supermarket. Didn't try it though as we were having ham.

French Quarter

There's no organization, I just put things where I think they look good at the time. I do much more mixing and matching. I used to put nutcrackers together and the same for my snowpeople. Now it's more about the fun than making it all mixy matchy. The only things that have to stay together are my baby's snowglobe collection. They go on my mantle as that's how he likes it. They're a mix of Christmas and Disney ones he's been collecting since he could say snowglobe.

In our house it's a free for all. We took up the boxes of decorations and helped the kids put each where they liked. It leads to a much different look than I would choose but it's done by them so it's soooo cute and it really means a lot to them.

French Quarter

While doing fruit and veggie prep I'm going to peel oranges for cranberry sauce. This year I'm making 3 types, regular whole berry, regular with orange and a sugar free with orange:joyfull: As for the stuffing bread, there's corn bread, GF bread, whole wheat white bread and brioche.

A woman after my own heart. I live for cranberry sauce. Might be my favourite food.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So anyone know what one of these lollipops will cost at the new (high end)Ganachery, Disney Springs? Me loves some chocolate.

The-Ganachery.jpg

I don't know but the mickey one looks cute. Hopefully a price list will come out soon.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Stuffing bread? :confused: You actually make that? Holy cow, you're ambitious. I think you missed your calling: you should work as a chef at a restaurant. (I thought stuffing bread was in bags at the supermarket--at least years ago when my mother used to make stuffing, she bought those bags of stuffing bread chunks. Then she'd add some Bell's seasoning and some celery and onion.)

I rarely ever make stuffing. If I do, it's out of a box mix from Bells. It's really easy to make quickly in a pan--all the seasonings, etc. are in the bread mix, with the stuffing bread itself, inside the box. :happy:

I just use the dried stuffing cubes too. Sometimes our grocery store will take the old loaves of bread and chunk them up and sell them as stuffing cubes, which work well. I teased my husband this year, and I said I wasn't feeling like making homemade stuffing and we would just have Stovetop. He flipped out a little, he loves my (my mom's recipes) for stuffing. I must admit it was a little fun to watch him flip out a little.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Do you bake a special bread with the herbs and spices all in for your stuffing? I had never thought to do this but at our Thanksgiving I noticed for the first time bread like this for sale at the supermarket. Didn't try it though as we were having ham.
Yes I put the herbs in the GF and the whole wheat white as it saves me time when I put them together

Figgy1

Premium Member
I just use the dried stuffing cubes too. Sometimes our grocery store will take the old loaves of bread and chunk them up and sell them as stuffing cubes, which work well. I teased my husband this year, and I said I wasn't feeling like making homemade stuffing and we would just have Stovetop. He flipped out a little, he loves my (my mom's recipes) for stuffing. I must admit it was a little fun to watch him flip out a little.
Great minds LOL I put the 4 pack in the cart just to see the look on my dh's face pure panic. I also threatened to do the precooked meal from Shoprite.

StarWarsGirl

Ready for another finance rant? Because here it comes:

Today, the professor didn't do much in class because he thought a bunch of people would be out. We were only missing a few people, so it didn't matter. He was going over material for the test. There were two pages, and I did not get a second page. I raised my hand and asked for the second page. The professor asked me why I didn't have it. Um...maybe because I'm the only person in the front row and it just didn't make it down that way? Then, he called another student lazy. Then, I asked him if we could have a bunch of problems from the book with answers to study from. This led to a long rant about how much we ask of him and that he already made us this study guide (which, frankly, is a course outline). And he thinks we're lazy? The way I see it, my request was not unreasonable (in the words of Agent K is Men in Black 3, how the h**** do I know what I don't know), but even so, the way he dealt with it was completely unprofessional. I felt like crying because he yelled at me but was not going to give him that satisfaction. Thinking it might be time for another email to his supervisor (the associate dean, an old professor of mine).

Oh, and he still doesn't know whether he is going to curve that test that most people failed (but that I did not thankfully).

Songbird76

Yep, or I suppose you could consider the cake mix as a reverse crust. You can make your own homemade cake mix, I looked up a recipe for it on Saturday because I didn't have cake mix, but it called for dried milk. I didn't have that either, so I just ran to the gas station and bought a cake mix.
Pretty sure we don't have powdered milk over here...at least not that I know of. I'll look, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom