The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, my job has all these volunteer events that we are asked to attend, and I did this one last week at a girl's school in Queens. When I signed up, I didn't realize that I was basically going to have to stand up in front of kids and teach a class. I had to wake up at 6:45 in order to be there by 8:45, and I was dreading the entire thing. But it was amazing. These girls were so awesome. We had to do three hours, and it was basically go to three classrooms and tell these girls about your job. I had a sixth grade class, a ninth grade class and a seventh grade class. The sixth and seventh were amazing. The ninth was a rough audience, I'm just saying. But this was incredibly rewarding. Our job was to inspire them. I don't know if I did that, but I hope so. I used a lot of Disney jargon, actually. "You can do anything you put your mind to.....anything your heart desires will come to you....etc, etc." As a fairly cynical New Yorker, I don't know if any of that is really true, but I hope it can be for these great girls. Here is a pic of the event.
View attachment 120553

Love it! You were very kind to donate your time to inspire others. I'm sure the students appreciated your efforts.

By the way, I remember your (current) avatar from last Thanksgiving! :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning and happy Tuesday!!!!! I'm almost caught up, all the stuffing bread is baked so my house smells of bread. today is chopping and sauteing day so the house will smell like cooked veggies in a bit. I'm also going to get the last of the cleaning done. Sleep happens sometime late Thursday LOL

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes! 55 for Thanksgiving with rain. Today I pull a solid 5 foot 3x3 ice block out of my gutter so the downspouts stopped jamming up. I planted it upright on a snowmound.

I hate to admit it but with this being a very heavy snow it stuck beautifully in the trees and landscaping. Sadly my Mums and Palms are dead. Sadness.

Sorry to hear about the dead plants. I hope you can get more in the spring and plant them.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't do that much decorating. Just 2 8 foot long shelves, a mantle, runner and centerpiece on the dining room table, 2 coffee tables, one counter, a regular tree an 18 inch tree in each of my boy's rooms about 8 wall quilts or so and a bit of this and that. A bit of garland on top of the windows.

That's not much??!! :eek: :p :joyfull:

Oh, do you have any particular color scheme, or is every room unique in its own way?

Figgy1

Premium Member
That's not much??!! :eek: :p :joyfull:

Oh, do you have any particular color scheme, or is every room unique in its own way?
There's no organization, I just put things where I think they look good at the time. I do much more mixing and matching. I used to put nutcrackers together and the same for my snowpeople. Now it's more about the fun than making it all mixy matchy. The only things that have to stay together are my baby's snowglobe collection. They go on my mantle as that's how he likes it. They're a mix of Christmas and Disney ones he's been collecting since he could say snowglobe.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning and happy Tuesday!!!!! I'm almost caught up, all the stuffing bread is baked so my house smells of bread. today is chopping and sauteing day so the house will smell like cooked veggies in a bit. I'm also going to get the last of the cleaning done. Sleep happens sometime late Thursday LOL

Stuffing bread? :confused: You actually make that? Holy cow, you're ambitious. I think you missed your calling: you should work as a chef at a restaurant. (I thought stuffing bread was in bags at the supermarket--at least years ago when my mother used to make stuffing, she bought those bags of stuffing bread chunks. Then she'd add some Bell's seasoning and some celery and onion.)

I rarely ever make stuffing. If I do, it's out of a box mix from Bells. It's really easy to make quickly in a pan--all the seasonings, etc. are in the bread mix, with the stuffing bread itself, inside the box. :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Stuffing bread? :confused: You actually make that? Holy cow, you're ambitious. I think you missed your calling: you should work as a chef at a restaurant. (I thought stuffing bread was in bags at the supermarket--at least years ago when my mother used to make stuffing, she bought those bags of stuffing bread chunks. Then she'd add some Bell's seasoning and some celery and onion.)

I rarely ever make stuffing. If I do, it's out of a box mix from Bells. It's really easy to make quickly in a pan--all the seasonings, etc. are in the bread mix, with the stuffing bread itself, inside the box. :happy:
While doing fruit and veggie prep I'm going to peel oranges for cranberry sauce. This year I'm making 3 types, regular whole berry, regular with orange and a sugar free with orange:joyfull: As for the stuffing bread, there's corn bread, GF bread, whole wheat white bread and brioche.

FutureCEO

@FutureCEO Just saw on the Disney Movie Rewards Facebook page that they are aware that some members received that "Your points are about to expire" email and they are looking into it.

I received a "mistake" email this morning but I might get something from the site anyway. I have enough points for 2 quality movies ...ala Brave or Up (not that I would get UP...just an example).

French Quarter

So anyone know what one of these lollipops will cost at the new (high end)Ganachery, Disney Springs? Me loves some chocolate.

The-Ganachery.jpg

Amaze balls!

MOXOMUMD

View attachment 120492
Haggis and whiskey cake from Scotland. The haggis was okay it reminded me of ground beef. THe whiskey cake has a nice lemon flavor.

View attachment 120487

Chicken sausage and creamy polenta from Canada: very tasty
View attachment 120488

View attachment 120489 Kalua pork slider from Hawaii: it was good but I think it needed more of the spicy mayo

View attachment 120490

Farm Fresh stand: loaded mac and cheese and key lime wine. Verdict: good but nothing out of the ordinary for the mac and cheese. The key lime wine verdict: very good and refreshing
View attachment 120491

Australia: lamb chop with mint pesto. I didn't try it but hubby loved it.
View attachment 120494

The chilaquilles from Mexico: verdict....really yummy even though there was nowhere to really enjoy eating it. So below is the picture of me eating off of a "table". It was so crowded we did this a couple times.
View attachment 120495

View attachment 120496

View attachment 120497
Mmmm! Pork slider! :hungry:

French Quarter

I'm so sorry to hear that! How are you holding up.

It was actually kind of nice because it wasn't too cold. The driving was awful though because a lot of people have yet to get snow tires on and there were accidents at every corner. The plows and sand trucks seems to be slow coming around too. I was glad I didn't have to go too far for most of the day.

French Quarter

I love putting up a freshly cut tree but I don't get to do that this year:( Seeing our budget is broken the fake on is going up. On a happy note the fake one goes up Friday is it was going to be freshly cut it wouldn't go up for at least an extra week.

We also do freshly cut and go to the farm and cut it down ourselves. They aren't that expensive here. Every year I'm never sure how early I should put it up since we don't take it down until after Epiphany.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom