The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Here are some day two pictures just for you chit chatters....
We went to the Boardwalk for breakfast
View attachment 120467

They claimed it was a warm cinnamon roll, but it really wasn't. It was tasty enough. My latte was good though.
View attachment 120468

We also shared the breakfast croissant sandwich. It was okay.
View attachment 120469

Then to the Studios and to Toy Story.
View attachment 120470 View attachment 120471

The Streets of America in the daytime.
View attachment 120472

Star Tours

View attachment 120473

The Chinese Theater as it was meant to be...no HAT!
View attachment 120474

View attachment 120475

View attachment 120476
the great movie ride looks fantastic!

Cesar R M

Here are some food and wine foods for you all!
My favorite of the festival, and it really wasn't on the want to try list....South Korea, the bbq short ribs
View attachment 120533

Africa: both were good. Berbere steak (spicy) and butter chicken (mild in spicy but interesting)
View attachment 120534

A look at the construction in Norway
View attachment 120535

The cranberry bog
View attachment 120536

the nitro chocolate truffle (good, but gave me brain freeze)
View attachment 120537

From my Swan balcony (we were really diggin' the Swan and would go back in a heartbeat)
View attachment 120538

Dinner plate at the Biergarten. I love the sauerbraten, the polka band, and my Oktoberfest beer here.
View attachment 120539

View attachment 120540

France had the Eiffel tower lit up in honor of those lost in the Paris attacks.
View attachment 120541

Back at the Osborne lights
View attachment 120542
the berbere looks a lot like the classic Mexican "Carne a la Mexicana".

img_carne_a_la_mexicana_20337_600.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
How much decorating do you do? o_O I have images in my head of your house decked out head to toe. :inlove:

All I do is put a wreath on the front door, and we have a Christmas tree (but we don't buy that until maybe the 2nd weekend of Dec.-- sometimes, the first weekend, depending upon how much I can stretch the first week of the month's paycheck! ;) ) Oh, I also have a Christmas towel in the kitchen. :joyfull: Somehow, I think you probably do a bit more decorating than moi? :D
I don't do that much decorating. Just 2 8 foot long shelves, a mantle, runner and centerpiece on the dining room table, 2 coffee tables, one counter, a regular tree an 18 inch tree in each of my boy's rooms about 8 wall quilts or so and a bit of this and that. A bit of garland on top of the windows.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good day everyone. The start of a new week. Glad to be back on line. Hubby got up the Christmas tree on Sunday. I'm starting my decorating for the season. Yea! I hope everyone had a great week-end.:happy:
I love putting up a freshly cut tree but I don't get to do that this year:( Seeing our budget is broken the fake on is going up. On a happy note the fake one goes up Friday is it was going to be freshly cut it wouldn't go up for at least an extra week.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm hoping that you folks will bare with me a little while longer. I intended to publish a few more Europe pictures, but, after having Cataract surgery on Friday, I have been a little discouraged that not only did my eyesight not improve, it is worse. Everything I see with my left eye is blurry and not really improving over time. I'm still hopeful that it will correct without needing another surgery, but, I'm starting to lose my optimism about it. In the meantime reading this stuff, on line, is creating a major burden for my right eye and creating a little eye strain. I'll get back regularly as soon as I can. It's only been three days, but, I was expecting a much faster turnaround. Not happening so far.
Sympathy like. sometimes things take time at your so called advanced aged. Get well soon. xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
View attachment 120492
Haggis and whiskey cake from Scotland. The haggis was okay it reminded me of ground beef. THe whiskey cake has a nice lemon flavor.

View attachment 120487

Chicken sausage and creamy polenta from Canada: very tasty
View attachment 120488

View attachment 120489 Kalua pork slider from Hawaii: it was good but I think it needed more of the spicy mayo

View attachment 120490

Farm Fresh stand: loaded mac and cheese and key lime wine. Verdict: good but nothing out of the ordinary for the mac and cheese. The key lime wine verdict: very good and refreshing
View attachment 120491

Australia: lamb chop with mint pesto. I didn't try it but hubby loved it.
View attachment 120494

The chilaquilles from Mexico: verdict....really yummy even though there was nowhere to really enjoy eating it. So below is the picture of me eating off of a "table". It was so crowded we did this a couple times.
View attachment 120495

View attachment 120496

View attachment 120497
Thanks again I really like the one of Mickey grilling

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Are you meaning condensed milk instead of evaporated milk? That makes sense if you aren't also adding sugar.

Hee, hee . . . I meant to say evaporated milk if you're adding additional sugar to the recipe. Use sweetened condensed milk if you're not adding sugar. Got mixed up in my condensed and evaporated terms! I'm beginning to think I should have just gone out and bought a pie all made! :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, my job has all these volunteer events that we are asked to attend, and I did this one last week at a girl's school in Queens. When I signed up, I didn't realize that I was basically going to have to stand up in front of kids and teach a class. I had to wake up at 6:45 in order to be there by 8:45, and I was dreading the entire thing. But it was amazing. These girls were so awesome. We had to do three hours, and it was basically go to three classrooms and tell these girls about your job. I had a sixth grade class, a ninth grade class and a seventh grade class. The sixth and seventh were amazing. The ninth was a rough audience, I'm just saying. But this was incredibly rewarding. Our job was to inspire them. I don't know if I did that, but I hope so. I used a lot of Disney jargon, actually. "You can do anything you put your mind to.....anything your heart desires will come to you....etc, etc." As a fairly cynical New Yorker, I don't know if any of that is really true, but I hope it can be for these great girls. Here is a pic of the event.
View attachment 120553
Thank you! As the mom of a middle school kid it's always great knowing there are people who care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom