The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
A girl my DD has worked with since she was 15 until they both graduated college is back home for the holidays. She first took a job in the Oakland area and then they transferred her to wait for it.....Austin. With all the snow we got I don't think she was missing Illinois weather.

CUdMCwGWcAEgSGu.jpg

Bluck!!!
Sympathy like. It's down to 25 but we didn't even get flurries! It's going back above 60 by the end of the week so I might just survive.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Happy Monday. I'm already behind schedule as I ran out to get the next to last gift yesterday (on sale cheaper than black Friday) and I have to run out to grab a counter top convection oven as my old one died yesterday. Hey it's better than the year my oven died on an actual holiday with a roast in the oven. So now I'm behind schedule and have to run an errand:mad::banghead::banghead::banghead: at least Target has all kitchen stuff 20% off today. I'm more upset it went this week than the fact it's now gone as we more than got our money's worth out of it. poor thing got used for everything. Have a magical day!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My farmers market left me a month ago, didn't even finish October this year. :( I am taking a tiny bit of solace in the ChristKindlmarket has opened a satilite market in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. It is an interest Market of German origin that started in DT Chicago 20 years ago. I was fortunate to hit the city on one day a year having to train into the city. So hopefully next week I will be able to visit the market that has some amazing German Foods, nice for winter. It is dramatically smaller than Chicago's but I will take it. Especially Dinkels Bakery.
resizedBanner.jpg

0cb2192cfa8746fe8c614070cb086c121.JPG

Oh, I'd love to go to that! Looks like fun!! I love traditional, holiday activities like that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
More Osborne Lights
View attachment 120369

View attachment 120370

Us at the lights
View attachment 120371

The black cat, supposedly they are moving it to different locations this year.
View attachment 120372

The tribute to the Osbornes
View attachment 120373

View attachment 120374

View attachment 120375

View attachment 120376

View attachment 120377

Sorry this picture is a little blurry, I took it through the special passholder glasses, it makes the lights look like snowflakes.
View attachment 120378

My gosh, all of those pictures are just amazing. That's the closest I'll ever get to the Osborne lights. Never been to WDW in the winter. Thanks for sharing all the pictures of your trip, by the way.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 120394

View attachment 120395

View attachment 120396

View attachment 120397

View attachment 120398

View attachment 120399

And back to the Swan for the night....we ended up really liking the Swan. We didn't feel like it wasn't a Disney hotel at all. If the price is right another time we wouldn't hesitate to booking it.
View attachment 120400

View attachment 120401

View attachment 120402

Swan has been my fave for the past few years as well. Location, location, location . . . and reasonable prices for a very nice hotel. Glad you enjoyed it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A girl my DD has worked with since she was 15 until they both graduated college is back home for the holidays. She first took a job in the Oakland area and then they transferred her to wait for it.....Austin. With all the snow we got I don't think she was missing Illinois weather.

CUdMCwGWcAEgSGu.jpg

Bluck!!!

I think your picture is pretty with the sunlight on the snow. By the way, I heard on the news this morning that your temps out in that area are supposed to get up to 50 later on this week, so the snow will probably melt.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm so jealous i can't start decorating until Friday and that's only if I get up. the boys are going to grandma's for the weekend. I may need to sleep in a bit.

How much decorating do you do? o_O I have images in my head of your house decked out head to toe. :inlove:

All I do is put a wreath on the front door, and we have a Christmas tree (but we don't buy that until maybe the 2nd weekend of Dec.-- sometimes, the first weekend, depending upon how much I can stretch the first week of the month's paycheck! ;) ) Oh, I also have a Christmas towel in the kitchen. :joyfull: Somehow, I think you probably do a bit more decorating than moi? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom