VOTE TO SAVE THE OSBORNE LIGHTS

I want the Osborne lights saved

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Honestly, I could care less... Seeing as I never ever visit WDW during the winter. Like. At all. It just won't affect me whatsoever. In fact, I am not attached to any special events really. I've really only ever experienced Night of Joy, Food & Wine, and Flower & Garden.. And out of those three, I only enjoyed Night of Joy. Simply because there were no ride line waits

NormC

They have already agreed to return all of the Osborne's property to them after this show. If a light display returns in another location on property it will not be the Osborne's.
I am sure Disney own's quite a bit of the display as well though so what is not returned could be re-purposed elsewhere.

Tom

Beta Return
You're using terms very loosely....as usual.

Nobody has any idea if we're actually "losing" the lights. They will no longer be installed at the Streets of America, and there is quite literally nothing anyone can do about that. And I'm sure a real vote would show that more people would rather see the park expanded (i.e. Star Wars), than to save a Christmas light show.

But, even though it's being removed from SoA, there is no information - one way or the other - to indicate whether the lights will be used somewhere else, or sent to rot with Spectromagic and Lights of Wonder.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Missed that announcement.

In order to prepare for some incredible experiences coming to the park, including the recently announced Toy Story Land and a Star Wars-themed land, we will not be able to present The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in the future. Our heartfelt thanks go out to the family of Jennings Osborne for letting us share their family tradition year after year. And thank you to all of you for being part of the spectacle with us. Here’s to making more memories in this, the 20th and final year.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...a-delightful-holiday-tradition-one-more-time/

Here's to the Life Day celebrations!

Last edited:

Mickey5150

So far the vote to not save them is winning which means something is very wrong with this world. I always thought that these forums wanted the exact opposite of what WDW was actually doing.

rucifee

I saw the Osborn lights twice this week, and it's time to let them go. I can't quite put my finger on what it is that's changed but it doesn't seem the same. The second time, we didn't even stay to the end of the first set it was boring and insanely crowded. I think it would be neat to dress up boardwalk with them but I don't think it would really work out.

Arthur Wellesley

I'll delete the poll seems like we are resolved to just lose it.
But what would deleting it accomplish? Tonight when the Disney execs stop by to see if any new polls or petitions have started...this one won't be here if you delete it, and thus, they won't be able to make the necessary changes to meet our demands.

You started this thing. Now see it through!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom