VOTE TO SAVE THE OSBORNE LIGHTS

I want the Osborne lights saved

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FettFan

back-to-the-future-clocktower-lady_article_story_large.jpg

Bluewaves

Why? You'd rather have a place to display Christmas lights than Star Wars land??? I'm sure you also complain about the lack of things to do at DHS, then complain when they do something about it.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Why? You'd rather have a place to display Christmas lights than Star Wars land??? I'm sure you also complain about the lack of things to do at DHS, then complain when they do something about it.
I don't think anyone is saying save the lights and not build Star Wars land.
We are just saying save the lights.

Last edited:

JohnD

Love the lights but other than that during the holidays what else are SoA used for? Pretty much nothing. I get why the space needs to be re-used for the upcoming lands. Also, the lights are being returned to the Osborne family. It will be up to them what to do with them.

NormC

I just can't imagine how bad that area will be with noting to go back there for? DHS will be better in the end but getting to the end will be brutal unless they come up with something imaginative to hold us over until it opens again.
If there is nothing there to hold you over stay home. Personally I love DHS and am looking forward to the new additions. I can see synchronized light shows everywhere now. Not to the scale of DHS but you get my point. I have a 16 channel Light-o-rama controller myself and do my front yard every year. The Osborne lights had a 20 year run and the Osborne property is being returned to them. I am sure Disney will do an even more modern show in the future.

Last edited:

Miss Heinous

My only problem with all this is Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land and etc will not be opening for another 4-7 years. There is almost nothing planned to make up for all this in the mean time. At least when DCA went through it's makeover it opened in phases so there were new attractions almost every year.

Phonedave

I highly doubt they would not capitalize on the popularity of this entertainment and the crowds and money it brings. It may not be back in time for next year, but something comparable will be sure to return to WDW in the not too distant future I'm sure.

How much money does this really bring in? It's free with park admission - do people really go to DHS when they normally would not have just because of the lights? And if do they, do they spend a lot more? What is tied into it - some flashing ears, and a dessert party?

In comparison, I wonder how much is costs them.

-dave

FettFan

Love the lights but other than that during the holidays what else are SoA used for? Pretty much nothing. I get why the space needs to be re-used for the upcoming lands. Also, the lights are being returned to the Osborne family. It will be up to them what to do with them.

It's just a shame that Disney never opted to buy out the Universal-Marvel contract....because then New York Street would have been an excellent Avengers area. Just add Stark Tower to the skyline, character meet and greets, Mjolnir embedded in a crater in the sidewalk so people could try to lift it (and, like old Sword in the Stone show, one lucky kid each day is deemed worthy and able to actually pull it out), a SHIELD training center (akin to Jedi Training Academy, but more fun), and the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground upgraded for Ant-Man, and the current Muppets area demolished for an Avengers-themed ride. (with a new, fully-realized Muppets-themed area built elsewhere in the park, complete with a new version of Muppet*Vision, a Muppets Movie Ride, and the originally-planned-but-scrapped Swedish Chef restaurant.)

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
How much money does this really bring in? It's free with park admission - do people really go to DHS when they normally would not have just because of the lights? And if do they, do they spend a lot more? What is tied into it - some flashing ears, and a dessert party?

In comparison, I wonder how much is costs them.

-dave

Yes they do.

Duckberg

The Lights had a TWENTY year run ;) @ DHS that's pretty darn good. I'm glad the Osborne's & Disney were able to make this happen for park visitors this long. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom